This topic contains 39 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 5 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Its quite random, sometimes the round just hangs after other players have been wiped out. I have noticed this locally only very rarely. The only way to complete the round is by resign.

Dunno if that helps any.

Armor

Thrax
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

Its quite random, sometimes the round just hangs after other players have been wiped out.
    I have noticed this locally only very rarely. The only way to complete the round is by resign.

Dunno if that helps any.

Armor

Lives of players that aren’t really there.
    If players are granted a bonus life an instant after they die(residual blast triggering a prize),
    the dead tank isn’t revived, but the game still believes it has a life left and won’t end that round.

It also tries to grant a round end prematurely.. If players have multiple lives left, but
    the players kill each-other at the same moment.
    It doesn’t wait for the respawn, it declares the end.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Yeah I kinda figured that was it. I test with each player getting 5 lives. 🙂

armor

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

If players are granted a bonus life an instant after they die(residual blast triggering a prize),
    the dead tank isn’t revived, but the game still believes it has a life left and won’t end that round.

That’s it you wonderful person, just the info I needed. Fixed.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

@thrax wrote:

😮

OMG, a use for Thrax has been found.
    Taken years and years for it to happen, but there we go.
    Yes, I am a sarcastic bastage
    hehehehe 😀

Thrax
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

@gcamp wrote:

@thrax wrote:

😮

OMG, a use for Thrax has been found.
    Taken years and years for it to happen, but there we go.
    Yes, I am a sarcastic bastage

hehehehe 😀

What’s even funnier, is that it’s been happening ever since multi-lives were possible
    from prizes, but it’s always slipped my mind to mention it. We just usually used the
    work-around for the moment.

So.. About that Deforming napalm ability 😀

Anonymous

Well for what it’s worth, Lappy and I have been revisiting this. Two scenarios:

1 player, 1 ai, 1 spectator.
    move 1: first shot needs to be taken. While readying the 2nd shot (i.e. time ticking down) spectator joins. The ai vanishes… but the round doesn’t end.

Scenario 2

1 player, 2 ai’s, 1 spectator
    move 1 player 1 kills 1 ai
    move 2 lining up aiming for ai 2, spectator joins, ai vanishes, round doesn’t end.

In both case you are left to use all moves for that round.

Gavin, have you had the Eureka moment about this issue?

We tried a player JOINING with the same timing and it worked fine, the round ended, etc. so it seems related to spectating.

Timing is crucial, move 1 needs to be completed and move 2 needs to be started.

LigH
    Participant

@ Thrax:

=D> Systematic analysis … did you learn that at the front? 😈

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

*just to add to hayt’s scenario 1, the server was set to two ai’s and ‘remove bots after players 2’.

the ai vanishes as it should, but the round doesnt end. i think that’s the crux of it.

it’s sort of similar to that game reset on spectate thing , only the other way around. it’s something to do with Min Players and remove bots after.

Thrax
    Participant

@ligh wrote:

@ Thrax:

=D> Systematic analysis … did you learn that at the front? 😈

There’s probably a lot of other little things i’ve seen while i play.. I remind myself to
    note it down, then promptly forget it all 10 minutes after i close the game.

Programming for every tiny hiccup requires a crap-load of redundancy and re-checking
    before and after.. Which slows things down and make’s it bigger. Hard to write
    both efficiency and redundancy at the same time. 😀

For one poor overworked irishman tapping away in his basement during his free-time, this
    is a damn good effort. If only we could invite more to try it.
    -Speaking of which..
    Gavin. Think we’d gain a few players if you sent out a Forum Mass-Mail to
    invite everyone back for another try? And after you can flush your inbox of all
    the invalid address the spam-bots have used over the years 😀

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Gavin, have you had the Eureka moment about this issue?

Thanks Thrax and Hayt, yes I think I’ve found the cause of this too (and fixed it). It was also caused by the lives mechanic. When spectators were joining they sometimes already had lives left and the round was waiting for them to be resurrected.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.