This topic contains 39 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 5 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

@gcamp wrote:

@| Hayt | wrote:

When 1 player and 1 AI play, if a first shot is taken then a spectating player joins, the AI vanishes, but the round doesn’t end, you have to complete the whole number of shots for the round firing at no enemy.

Trying to reproduce this bug and so far cannot, what shot mode was is use at the time?

The turn type? it was set to TurnSimultaneous

@gcamp wrote:

@| Hayt | wrote:

The leapfrog now REALLY frogjumps, is that a tweak that was desired or a side effect of altering the groups?

I also noticed that the mirv is less “channeled” than it used to be, there’s more scattering and the smirv is REALLY scatting something wild now, again is that on design?

Also I can’t see any difference between the leapfrog and the mirv, although it seems to be confirmed by other people. Any screenshots of whats happening?

The mirv is clearer to see, if you use a Smirv the spread is obscene, almost like a DH, the regular mirv is much more scattered, almost like the smirv of the old version. I will try to make a few Screen Shots. 🙂

LigH
    Participant

😯 Fixed player dialog? On with beta 4! =D>

Thrax
    Participant

@ligh wrote:

😯 Fixed player dialog? On with beta 4! =D>

Depends which players you’re hanging out with.. Some of them just keep
    babbling horrible dialog 😀

LigH
    Participant

Oh, I assumed it was related to my report; but of course, I might have misunderstood the quite brief explanation.

Fixing grammar mistakes or content nonsense is certainly not the responsibility of the in-game talk routines. 😛

Anonymous

Gavin,

I’ve retested the SMIRVs and MIRVs in similar conditions (distance, wind etc) and I can’t find a difference between 43.2 and 43.3 so I think it was either a matter of perception or the odd wind angle a few rounds in a row.

I don’t consider this to be any different from the current live version 🙂

Thanks

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification. Just the bot rejoining thing to fix now and we’re all good 🙂

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@| Hayt | wrote:

@gcamp wrote:

@| Hayt | wrote:

When 1 player and 1 AI play, if a first shot is taken then a spectating player joins, the AI vanishes, but the round doesn’t end, you have to complete the whole number of shots for the round firing at no enemy.

Trying to reproduce this bug and so far cannot, what shot mode was is use at the time?

Still no luck with this and can’t see it just from looking at the code. Can you reproduce it easily? If so perhaps I could give you a drop of the code with some extra debug logging in it.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

^ i was there with hayt for that one, i think. i cant help with reproducing it, but im pretty sure we did and could every time with whatever settings were in use. it may have been my server(?). if it was, it would have been win 7 and probably close to default settings.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

LigH have you considered just using the Xml to define your robot battles?

You can prettymuch make everything automatic from there. 🙂

Armor

LigH
    Participant

Creating a whole “game preset”? … Hmm, no, I never considered analysing any Scorched3D files for that. Right here and now I wouldn’t know where to start. But the idea sounds useful.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@ligh wrote:

I am the one who prefers to watch bot battles, remember? 😉

Right here and now I wouldn’t know where to start. But the idea sounds useful.

A preset game demo mod with some clever AI vs AI stuff would be handy for screenshot videos.

Ps:
    What do you do? Just watch the game like it’s a football match on TV? go on (AI) Helen, GO ON! yes. YES! … NO! you FOOL! a LASER?! you had him! : )

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

@ligh wrote:

A preset game demo mod with some clever AI vs AI stuff would be handy for screenshot videos.

Ps:
    What do you do? Just watch the game like it’s a football match on TV? go on (AI) Helen, GO ON! yes. YES! … NO! you FOOL! a LASER?! you had him! : )

Be like speccing Spring, but without all the flaming and newb bashing.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

@laptops Daddy wrote:

@ligh wrote:

Ps:

Be like speccing Spring, but without all the flaming and newb bashing.

Oh you can make them talk shit to each other. 🙂 Not a problem.. Talk files in data/talk. 😉

Armor

Tom.K
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

Maybe for intro screen too…

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

^ i was there with hayt for that one, i think. i cant help with reproducing it, but im pretty sure we did and could every time with whatever settings were in use. it may have been my server(?). if it was, it would have been win 7 and probably close to default settings.

Well anything to help would be good, can’t reproduce it and I don’t want to release with it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.