This topic contains 39 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 5 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Following the release of the 2st beta here, I’ve now released a 3rd with these changes:

Updated projectiles and rollers so they can use local or global groups. A local group is only visible to the instance of the weapon that fired it.
      Added “localgroupname” and “globalgroupname” tags to rollers and projectiles (removed “groupname”).
      Added “ringtextureset” and “ringradius” to lasers to allow rings to be drawn around the laser, defaults to 0 (off)
      Fixed spelling for loser in turn type
      Added “scale” attribute to weapon roller to allow the model to be scaled (like projectiles), defaults to 1
      Added “wobblespin” and “wobbleamount” to weapon projectile to allow a wobbly path to be used, defaults to off, good values < 1
      Updated sniper shots to hopefully remove malformed shots
      Added “watertransparency” attribute to landscape texture files to allow the water transparency to be configured, defaults to 1
      Added new explosion type “directionalring” that uses the velocity of the current WeaponExplosion as the axis for the explosion
      Updated ultra display options for even more goodness
      Fixed UPnP port forwarding for PPP routers for PnP server hosting
      Added UPnP external IP address detection for PnP server hosting

Download here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/scorched3d/files/scorched3d/Version%2043.3/Scorched3D-43.3beta3.exe/download

As people have already mentioned you can install the beta versions along with version 43.2, just so long as they go into separate directories. Their settings are kept separate and they won’t interfere with each other.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Asuming no bugs I’d expect this to be last beta before 43.3 release.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Updated projectiles and rollers so they can use local or global groups. A local group is only visible to the instance of the weapon that fired it.
    Added “localgroupname” and “globalgroupname” tags to rollers and projectiles (removed “groupname”).

Just tested, Perfect!

Armor

PS/ the wobble does wierd things over 1 ahah.

Anonymous

ok I have a few observations:

On a game with 2 AIs, 1 player spectates and 1 player joins, one AI vanishes, round ends, all is ok.

When 1 player and 1 AI play, if a first shot is taken then a spectating player joins, the AI vanishes, but the round doesn’t end, you have to complete the whole number of shots for the round firing at no enemy.

The leapfrog now REALLY frogjumps, is that a tweak that was desired or a side effect of altering the groups?

I also noticed that the mirv is less “channeled” than it used to be, there’s more scattering and the smirv is REALLY scatting something wild now, again is that on design?

I’ve set up a test server for all who wants to come in and abuse the beta, everyone starts with all the weapons, fuel, etc. so give it a good go!

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@| Hayt | wrote:

ok I have a few observations:

You would!

Ok, now I’ll actually read stuff

imported_gcamp
    Participant

When 1 player and 1 AI play, if a first shot is taken then a spectating player joins, the AI vanishes, but the round doesn’t end, you have to complete the whole number of shots for the round firing at no enemy.

Thanks, I’ll have a look at that.

The leapfrog now REALLY frogjumps, is that a tweak that was desired or a side effect of altering the groups?

I also noticed that the mirv is less “channeled” than it used to be, there’s more scattering and the smirv is REALLY scatting something wild now, again is that on design?

[/quote]

I’ve not intentionaly changed anything here, I’ll check that out too.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

players occasionally get stuck on the server if they crash during load. this isnt new for the beta, but still happens:
    [attachment=0:d5n6c8s6]stuck1.jpg[/attachment:d5n6c8s6]
    ^ screenshot from beta

the status gets stuck on (loading) and there’s no way to kick without restarting the server. admin kick doesnt work. the crash isnt the problem – it happened to me once and it wasnt the game.

Anonymous

Further to the above, I went through the http admin page, kicked the user, to no avail, I can poor it, slap it, but can’t kick it.

Through the client admin, I can do the same EXCEPT that when I try to kick it it reports “unknown player for kick”

LigH
    Participant

I am the one who prefers to watch bot battles, remember? 😉

With version 43.3b3 I have serious issues selecting the bots for 4 teams of 24 “players”. The player choice dialog acts like crazy.

• For each next player I have to chose the team color, it doesn’t advance round-robin, but does not always stay at the last selected color either.
    • For each next player I have to select the AI type, it is always reset to “Human”.
    • For each next player I have to reselect the avatar; and when I want to filter the avatars by avatar groups, the group selection is repeated dozens of times.

It requires now a quite annoying amount of time to fill 4 teams with each one of the smarter AIs with the same avatar per AI type (e.g. “Death” for the most advanced, “Kenny” for the least advanced, others related to the preferred weapon class etc.).

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Gavin I think the leapfrog problem lies in a failure of multiplication. You have it to bounce .6 of its original velocity. Somewhere i think its failing to re calculate based on current velocity, so it bounces .6 of the original velocity, and not each subsequent instance.

I would also like to confirm the mirv is acting funny, i tested it on one of my straight mirv weapons and it it sending them horizontally like crazy.

Armor

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

I would also like to confirm the mirv is acting funny…

i thought it was me

ArmorWraith
    Participant

nope. did some tests, you were indeed right. 🙂

Armor

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@| Hayt | wrote:

Further to the above, I went through the http admin page, kicked the user, to no avail, I can poor it, slap it, but can’t kick it.

Through the client admin, I can do the same EXCEPT that when I try to kick it it reports “unknown player for kick”

Confirmed, just had it myself, had 4 players, one left and game ended before bot rejoined….

This didnt happen when I tested the other day with two players, once stepping to spectator and letting the AI rejoin, the game continued.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@| Hayt | wrote:

Trying to reproduce this bug and so far cannot, what shot mode was is use at the time?

Also I can’t see any difference between the leapfrog and the mirv, although it seems to be confirmed by other people. Any screenshots of whats happening?

regards,
    Gavin

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Guess I should also say I think I’ve fixed the zombies and the player dialog issues.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.