This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 1 month ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #7590

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    I’ve released a windows version of Scorched3D version 43.3 Beta. This is to allow mod develoepers to get to grips with some of the new features, and to test the fixes.

    For the list of bugs fixed and features introduced see here:
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/mantisbt/changelog_page.php

    New accessory options have been updated here:
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Scorched3d_Accessories

    Download here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/scorched3d/files/scorched3d/Version%2043.3/Scorched3D-43.3beta.exe/download

    #64405

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

    Not fixed the game restart on AI rejoin?

    Shame, that was one of the most annoying features of newbs for me.

    #64406

    ArmorWraith
    Participant

    I have more tanks if your interested gavin. 🙂

    Armor

    #64407

    ArmorWraith
    Participant

    Gavin I keep getting an error when I load my mod, the only fix last time I recieved a program assert error.. was I had to go through every single model and check to make sure its animation settings were correct.

    Im pretty sure it must be one of my new tank models seeing as its the tank global size assert giving me the error message.

    Browsing the new wiki updates (great job!!)

    Armor

    #64408

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    @armorwraith wrote:

    Gavin I keep getting an error when I load my mod, the only fix last time I recieved a program assert error.. was I had to go through every single model and check to make sure its animation settings were correct.

    Im pretty sure it must be one of my new tank models seeing as its the tank global size assert giving me the error message.

    Browsing the new wiki updates (great job!!)

    Armor

    Drop me a zip of your models and I’ll add some debug to the code so we can track it down easier.

    #64409

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    @peanutsrevenge wrote:

    Not fixed the game restart on AI rejoin?

    Shame, that was one of the most annoying features of newbs for me.

    Been working on some fixes that require a lot of code changes 1st.
    Are you talking about the same issue as this:
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/mantisbt/view.php?id=135

    #64410

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

    @gcamp wrote:

    @peanutsrevenge wrote:

    Not fixed the game restart on AI rejoin?

    Shame, that was one of the most annoying features of newbs for me.

    Been working on some fixes that require a lot of code changes 1st.
    Are you talking about the same issue as this:
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/mantisbt/view.php?id=135

    Yep, which is also
    viewtopic.php?f=11&p=64221#p64221

    So hopefully Thrax is right (little reason to doubt), just need a server admin to adjust it now.

    How are things with you anyway Mr Camp, any chance of booking you for a few games some time, might encourage a few people back if nothing else 😀

    #64411

    Thrax
    Participant

    @peanutsrevenge wrote:

    @gcamp wrote:

    @peanutsrevenge wrote:

    Not fixed the game restart on AI rejoin?

    Shame, that was one of the most annoying features of newbs for me.

    Been working on some fixes that require a lot of code changes 1st.
    Are you talking about the same issue as this:
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/mantisbt/view.php?id=135

    Yep, which is also
    http://scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&p=64221#p64221

    So hopefully Thrax is right (little reason to doubt), just need a server admin to adjust it now.

    How are things with you anyway Mr Camp, any chance of booking you for a few games some
    time, might encourage a few people back if nothing else 😀

    Just popped in to see rules/settings list.

    NumberOfMinPlayers = 4
    RemoveBotsAtPlayers= 4

    Game duing exactly as it is told.. not a bug.
    Set RemoveBotsAtPlayers to 6 and it’ll be cured.

    #64412

    Laptops Daddy
    Participant

    @thrax wrote:

    Game duing exactly as it is told.. not a bug.
    Set RemoveBotsAtPlayers to 6 and it’ll be cured.

    suppose there are 6 players, no bots, 3 leave all at once. the match ends because we no longer have the minimum of 4? is that what’s happening? if it is, i’d call it a bug.

    best change ever: 1024×768 windowed as default. i can imagine what new players must have thought previously. 800×600, fullsccreen on their nice 25” HD monitor.

    could we have a ‘best settings’ button? max effects detail, minimum land error and a bit of AA?

    is there some way to have Dialog/Font Sizes adjusted automatically to suit the resolution chosen? ‘Medium’ looks a bit ridiculous at 1920×1080. perhaps an in-game option? an interface scale slider could be nice. perhaps relabel Dialog/Font Sizes ‘UI/HUD scale’ or similar?

    #64413

    ArmorWraith
    Participant

    Here we are, all my tanks. 10 mb or so. You can use them all if you want. Im not sure why their crashing the engine though, it just gives me that error. 🙁

    http://uploading.com/files/6ad46fa9/tanks.zip/

    attached xml file as well.

    Armor

    #64414

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    Just noticed the player dialog pops up too often, I’ll fix that.

    #64415

    ArmorWraith
    Participant

    Gavin, is there anyway to make the groupname unique to each weapon?

    Ex, I used the aimed over group mixed with weapon add target. I named the target (target_seek) and had aimed under missiles target that group.

    When two players fire the same weapon by chance.. their missiles will go for each others group. Any way I can make each instance fired unique to each player/group?

    Armor

    #64416

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    @armorwraith wrote:

    Gavin, is there anyway to make the groupname unique to each weapon?

    Ex, I used the aimed over group mixed with weapon add target. I named the target (target_seek) and had aimed under missiles target that group.

    When two players fire the same weapon by chance.. their missiles will go for each others group. Any way I can make each instance fired unique to each player/group?

    Armor

    I did wonder about that, but I thought thats what you had in mind 🙂
    No, there is no way at the moment. All groups are global.
    Is this something you would like? 😉

    #64417

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    @armorwraith wrote:

    Here we are, all my tanks. 10 mb or so. You can use them all if you want. Im not sure why their crashing the engine though, it just gives me that error. 🙁

    http://uploading.com/files/6ad46fa9/tanks.zip/

    attached xml file as well.

    Armor

    Thanks, tried both and not seeing an error. That error basically means it cannot find a tank model that is appropriate for the team, tank type and ai settings. I’ll release another beta soon but I may need the model and custom settings file.

    #64418

    ArmorWraith
    Participant

    @gcamp wrote:

    I did wonder about that, but I thought thats what you had in mind 🙂
    No, there is no way at the moment. All groups are global.
    Is this something you would like? 😉

    that would be very handy. 🙂 Yes

    Been playing with the new tags, glorious! Ive never had more fun ahah.

    Armor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.