This topic contains 31 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  sehs102100 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Thrax
    Participant

@spectrum wrote:

BTW I just played a game in main against the bot and about half way through
    I just killed the AI and the game acted like I still had a target, but I had to
    resign to end the round
    not sure how that works

Also just encountered this glitch. Wasn’t a bot, but between humans.

Down to only the 2 of us, and Target died by his own attack.
    Round continued, with Target off the map but game thinking he was still active.

Again, i resigned to finish it, before the missed-moves counter bumped him.

I’d say it’s 1 in 50 reproducable.

edit: more.
    The inventory tag appears to stay blank, no matter what state you are in.

Chopper
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

@Kangabunny wrote:

yeh.. same here chop 1024 x 768 shows the server box here too.. (ick!, Grainy!!) but its better than playing at 800 x 600

windows7
    Kanga

What size have you set the Dialog/font sizes too when you are seeing this issue?

on control panel/control panel items/display
    Im set to “Smaller” 100% default.

Win 7 is full of all kinds of diff stuff (only have one computer out of 9 that run it all others XP pro) so can’t say i know where everything is….dang I see youre talking about in Scorch…Im set to medium which must have been default ’cause Ive not played with anything there besides resolution.
    As Kanga says….the light blue server dialog just moves up off the top of the screen. Didn’t even know what it was at first.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

yeh small dialogue fixes it. 😀

yay.. but now the letters and stuff are small.. oh well, get used to it.

KAnga

Deathbal
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

Also just encountered this glitch. Wasn’t a bot, but between humans.

Down to only the 2 of us, and Target died by his own attack.
    Round continued, with Target off the map but game thinking he was still active.

Again, i resigned to finish it, before the missed-moves counter bumped him.

I’d say it’s 1 in 50 reproducable.

edit: more.
    The inventory tag appears to stay blank, no matter what state you are in.

This just happened to me in Main. A human player exited the game and I killed the AI. I forgot if I killed the AI on that shot or the next. But the game did not go to the next round.

I did not resign. I hit skip turn. After 3 of those it progressed to the next round. There were still plenty of shots left in that round.

Chopper
    Participant

Small worked here… =D>

Chopper
    Participant

Gavin , played bust-da-bot a full 10 rounds and din’t change any settings other than the “lets get small” one. laptop and its pizz poor graphics never dumped ONCE!

Yeah Ive been keeping up with Intels driver updates for their onboard on my laptop thats been giving me probs for a year (improved as graphics drivers updated) and required tweaking the program.

But point is….all settings are default….and it worked, slowed down a little some times but never folded its tent.

Thank You, whatever youve done has improved it alot.

Now, lets work on that Lokey Homing Hammer thing…with the Naked option. :mrgreen:

Thrax
    Participant

I think i know what they’re talking about on the changing views..

On standard TurnSimultaneous modes, you made it redirect the camera before
    each aiming cycle back to some previous view-point instead of leaving it where
    the player was looking from at the time.

I also found this aggrivating, and that’s not easy for me to say.. Every time
    i’d pre-lined up my next shot angle while waiting for the last shots to land, It
    would suddenly jump to somewhere i totally diddn’t want to be viewing from..
    whether a point from 10 sec ago, or some pre-set point near my tank.

I think it would be best if it were designed to not auto-adjust our viewpoint
    at all, except when we manually select one of the pre-sets.

It’s slightly better in the TurnSimultaneousNo-Wait. At least there, it’s
    jumping to something from a time-frame closer to my current.. maybe
    only 2-3 sec back.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Thanks guys.

I’ll have a look at the camera thing Thrax. Also is it possible to perform an “admin synccheck” when you notice that the round has bugged and you need to resign.

Deathbal
    Participant

You don’t have to resign. I skipped 3-5 turns and it progressed. There was still plenty of shots remaining. I don’t know why it recognized that I was the only player after a few skips.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Locally when I test a mod, every now and then, after one or two shots the game will progress to a new round saying round finished to last man standing. (even though both tanks are still alive).

Kanga

imported_gcamp
    Participant

There seems to be some kind of client server discrepancy happening in this build. I’m looking into it now.

LigH
    Participant

Confirming Kanga’s “tiled holes”. Especially burning areas (Napalm impacts) seem to leave this tiled look.

I guess there are just swapped signs (+/-) of little difference numbers.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Just to let you know I’ve fixed some bugs in the clientserver code. I’m performing more tests now but should have a patch out soon.

Irishbandit
    Participant

Keep up the work gavin every new version looks more polished then the last.

Deathbal
    Participant

Happened again to me about 10 minutes ago. The AI killed self and I had to keep skipping to get out of the round. Then it took my assist away and gave the bot 1 kill.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.