This topic contains 46 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  naka 8 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

The next time the servers are empty they should restart with a fix to the next round text bug.

Irishbandit
    Participant

http://www.getdeb.net/app/Scorched3D
    have updated there debs to v42

Irishbandit
    Participant

@rem5 wrote:

Hi,

It seems that this release doesn’t compile on GCC 4.3.x

http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=259406

No but it should with gcc 4.2 or 4.1
    sh autogen.sh CC=gcc-4.1 CXX=g++-4.1

rem5
    Participant

another quick question : has this release been tested on 64bits arch ?

I have two other config (gentoo/amd64) where it compiles fine (GCC 4.1) but failed when launching a game (after intro animation) with message : failed to allocate memory.

One is a amd64 with nvidia 6800GT (closed binary driver) and the other a Core2 duo with ATI X1700 (free driver) and they failed with this same error…so one of the single common point is the arch.

And release 41 has problem with amd64 arch two. (https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=196538)

Edit :

I tested on my config with gcc 4.3 (patch here : http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=259406) on a core2 duo with intel X3100 and same error :

The Scorched3d process terminated unexpectedly.
    Failed to allocate memory!!

Would you like to load the failsafe scorched3d settings?
    This gives the best chance of working but at the cost of graphical detail.
    You can adjust this later in the Scorched3D display settings dialog.
    Note: Most problems can be fixed by using the very latest drivers
    for your graphics card.

Edit : ref for v41 on amd64 arch

Irishbandit
    Participant

@rem5 wrote:

another quick question : has this release been tested on 64bits arch ?

I have two other config (gentoo/amd64) where it compiles fine (GCC 4.1) but failed when launching a game (after intro animation) with message : failed to allocate memory.

One is a amd64 with nvidia 6800GT (closed binary driver) and the other a Core2 duo with ATI X1700 (free driver) and they failed with this same error…so one of the single point is the arch.

And release 41 has problem with amd64 arch two.

I will test more and report later

I would assume so it is available for ubuntu intrepid 64bit at http://www.getdeb.net/app/Scorched3D
    and has been downloaded 51 times already.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

As far as I am aware it should work on 64 bit, the last version was tested on 64 bit versions by me. I’ve not tested this new version.

BOY
    Participant

I’m greatly looking forward to the newest and greatest!

Cheers Gavin

parasti
    Participant

I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but non-ASCII player names don’t show up properly here on the site (in stats and “players online”).

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Thanks yeah the names are a known issue, its on the list 🙂

naka
    Participant

@rem5 wrote:

The same happend to me today on Fedora8 64bit / dual core AMD. It compiled without errors, I was able to start the game, choose the server, but the game exit with a message ‘failed to allocate memory’ just when entering the arena.

Irishbandit
    Participant

@naka wrote:

@rem5 wrote:

The same happend to me today on Fedora8 64bit / dual core AMD. It compiled without errors, I was able to start the game, choose the server, but the game exit with a message ‘failed to allocate memory’ just when entering the arena.

Did it work ok last version?

rem5
    Participant

Yes 41.3 worked OK

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I’ll have a look at the 64bit version. May take a little while (a day?) as I need to download the ISO again.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ok I’ve had a look at the 64bit version and gcc 3.4, both seem to be fixed now and should be in the next source code release. People can check out the code in SVN if they wish (it’s compatible with the standard v42 release).

rem5
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Ok I’ve had a look at the 64bit version and gcc 3.4, both seem to be fixed now and should be in the next source code release. People can check out the code in SVN if they wish (it’s compatible with the standard v42 release).

Thanks a lot, it work

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.