This topic contains 63 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  parasti 8 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Actualy its worth pointing out that this release as aways isn’t the final version. Part of the reason for releasing the beta was to spur me into make a release since its been so long. Just because a feature or change doesn’t go into v42 doesn’t mean it can’t go into v42.1 and released a month later.

Hiob
    Participant

like that maybe?

yusuf
    Participant

ok i dint like the player panel myself i must admit .. so i worked on it a bit more and here is a more polished look .. iam thinking we could add in a new feature so as to allow the players to choose the color for their interface ..

here i have sampled two options for color .. default blue and metal …

imported_gcamp
    Participant

You know what if we are going to redo the GUI perhaps it should be something more radical and perhaps gamey looking.

For example there must be a graphical way of displaying the rotation, elevation and power.

yusuf
    Participant

i understand that gavin .. the problem is that i can make anything u have in mind .. any kind of visuals … but i end there .. i cant do programming or change the codes and what not .. i never look into the .xml files in scorched so i have my limits ..

ur idea is great .. but there can be 2 things if iam to be included ..
    1) u tell me the files to manipulate for to archive changes in interface
    2) u do the codes and i sit and watch 🙂

Stil8
    Participant

@yusuf wrote:

i understand that gavin .. the problem is that i can make anything u have in mind .. any kind of visuals … but i end there .. i cant do programming or change the codes and what not .. i never look into the .xml files in scorched so i have my limits ..

ur idea is great .. but there can be 2 things if iam to be included ..
    1) u tell me the files to manipulate for to archive changes in interface
    2) u do the codes and i sit and watch 🙂

Well, in my opinion xml ain’t that hard…you don’t need programming skills to master it…I can barely make anything in Visual Basic, and have just finished learning most of Turing, but xml is easy…I don’t even consider xml to be a real programming language…
    I suggest you get intype…It makes it easier to read and organize…I’d say notepad++ would do an even better job, but it’s not a necessary step to take for just some .xml files.

Although, I have to admit I’d take advantage of the second condition too 🙂

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@yusuf wrote:

Thats cool, I am fine doing the code I am just looking for mockups/ideas of what people would want it to look like. You can design them in photoshop or anything you like (doesnt have to actualy work or even be possible yet) and just send me a screenshot, and if we like it I can make the game actualy do it. Or if you see an idea in another game that may work just send a link etc… I’m looking for a very open process.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

You know what if we are going to redo the GUI perhaps it should be something more radical and perhaps gamey looking.

For example there must be a graphical way of displaying the rotation, elevation and power.

Its funny, I almost made a suggestion this morning that you model the interface in 3d. I didnt think youd go for it. I spent hours (lots) a year or so back, creating lit ray traced 3d interfaces, but im not even going to try and find them in my archives.

Is there some way you could have the interface lit by game lighting? (dont know how – just a vague idea).

Anyway, that 3d arrow is excellent. You must proceed immediately!

edit: i did a quick search and found a few. check these out:[attachment=0:2edzexqn]windows.zip[/attachment:2edzexqn]
    edit2:

You must proceed immediately!

(that is, if you want to, mr camp, sir)

bazzz
    Participant

Radical change sounds scary, on the other hand arrows like that would be a radical sexy change wich would be exiting =D>

Stil8
    Participant

Your new style is great, yusuf, but it is reminds me a wee bit about the old style… Now that might be my Messed up vision syndrome (MUV) acting up again, but MUV or not, I want something a bit more interesting and for the lack of a better word i MY vocabulary, energetic.

Of course I had to change the positioning of the “Force 3” text (I still want it to be a little higher than it is now but it is getting late here and I got carried away in doing something else)

Perhaps, if more people offer new styles we should put it up to a vote by the users, rather than a final decision by Mr. Camp.
    @bazzz wrote:

Radical change sounds scary

Did you miss the part in my GW topic about embracing change?

naka
    Participant

42 Beta crashed on XP when clicking play. First sabi told me about it, then and tried it on completely different pc(with XP) and it crashed immediately after clicking play.

Anyone tried it on XP?

ops wrong thread 😳

yusuf
    Participant

mr G , i cant deny i love ur concept so i took the privilege to take it a step ahead ..

now this is the concept i developed and i dont know if it will be too complicated to be put in the game .. id be god damn excited to have something like this in game, and surely (no boasting my ego) it would make scorched more likable 🙂 ..

please let me know what u think

. does this fit in ur dictionary stil^^8? 😉

bazzz
    Participant

I like the idea yusuf but shouldnt the circles have the same center to give a correct representation of the shot? If it would scale and rotate with the landscape it might be better to use than what we have now, altough it might be confusing when obscured by terrain and objects.

I would love to see it as an option.

Did you miss the part in my GW topic about embracing change?

I dont think i missed it, altough i didnt adress it i believe my post reflects my denial of that argument.

To clarify: A radical change that would be coming out of a democratic and intellectually fair process i can embrace even if it isnt what i hope for.Radical change resulting from our limitations to come to grasp with reality and extreme ideologies i fear and reject.

But this is very much off topic and should be split and moved to the correct place.I wont pollute this thread any further.

yusuf
    Participant

the above picture is wrongly represented ..the orb is not supposed to be in the middle of the window neither it is to be around a tank as shown .. its seems pretty exciting to have it around the tank but would be virtually useless .. it would not even be visible as most played use camera angle 4 which would make the orb go below the screen . this orb is be placed exactly where the current weapon panel sits ..
    so it only replaces the weapon panel

my concept is not properly described so i will make an attempt to illustrate the idea.. however just so as to be sure ill only illustrate the basic working and not go into complete detail .. i need to know if making something like this is possible and that the task is going to be executed, only then i will make a complete presentation ..

i just hope iam not getting too serious with this . .either way iam completely enjoying the process .. 🙂

here are some illustrations

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I do like Yusufs metal GUI, that would make a good addition to 42 (give it that extra polish to go with the speedy engine).

The joined circles would be daft if it was only around the tank as it would make it rather annoying having to see your own tank while aiming.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.