This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

diyadokeon
    Participant

Myyyy gosh, what have you done to the funky!?..

BigBear
    Participant

Congrats on a job well done! Thanks to the option to disable the shaders I can still use GL extensions for a pleasurable experience with decent fps even on my old crappy computer! 😀

@diyadokeon wrote:

Myyyy gosh, what have you done to the funky!?..

Don’t you just love ’em? I know I do! 😉 😛 😈

diyadokeon
    Participant

Well, actually, being an apoc player… I find them substantially less controllable which results in a lower success rate and my using acid quite a bit more than before…

Haven’t played an unmodded game yet.

Edit: Now that I have, it’s pretty much the same there, only the warheads are released sequentially rather than simultaneously.

berlaymont
    Participant

First of all Many Thanks for the great job you’ve done with this version…downside : I’ve become even more addicted (my girlfriend has packed her suitcases and has gone to Canada (of all places !!!!) 😯

One thing is puzzling me:Why having introduced the “Gift” option in the Weapon Bying Window ? Is it not tooeasy to misuse it. For instance some players playing simultaneaously on 2 computers and transferring from one to the other ? Could be an item for the forum I guess.

Greetz

KBerlaymont (KB)

8)

fab4
    Participant

How’s the Mac OSX version progressing?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I’m just tweeking the current version, I expect to release this point release in the next couple of days. I will make a mac version of that.

mtbrain
    Participant

Hey, I just discovered Scorched 3D (after discovering Dosbox and then rediscovering the good ol Scorched Earth) and this game rocks! But I was wondering: Is there a way to make human players talk using the talk1.txt and talk2.txt files? I remember having lots of fun with my friends back in the day when we came up with lines for them to say before they attacked or died in the original Scorched Earth, and I’d love to do that again.

Also, unfortunately, on my PC, Scorch 3D runs very, very unstable. There’s a series of problems I’ve encountered, the newest one being that if run several times, it’ll slow the PC down to a point where it almost grinds to a halt (not only in the game, but the PC as a whole). Dunno why, seems like the game is cluttering the resources.
    I described my other problems in a post in the “troubleshooting” forum. It’s too bad I can’t get it running stable, cos when it does, this looks like such a great game, and I can’t wait to play it with my guys. Hope you can fix some of the problems! 🙂 Keep up the good work!

Deathstryker
    Participant

Hey, I just discovered Scorched 3D (after discovering Dosbox and then rediscovering the good ol Scorched Earth) and this game rocks! But I was wondering: Is there a way to make human players talk using the talk1.txt and talk2.txt files? I remember having lots of fun with my friends back in the day when we came up with lines for them to say before they attacked or died in the original Scorched Earth, and I’d love to do that again.

Not human players, no. Because human players can talk for themselves. But you can alter the lines for the AI if you please.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.