This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 9 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

It gives me great pleasure in announcing the release of Scorched3D version 41.3. Version 41.3 is a very minor release and fixes some small issues in v41.1.

Version 41.3 fixes issues such as:-
    – Slow clients causing others to timeout
    – Rebalancing of some weapons

Download Version 41.3 here:
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/downloads.php

Full list of version 41.3 updates here:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=569922&group_id=85144

Many thanks to:
    cbx550f, Deathstryker, BrainDamage, Jdog, Shockwave, Irish, Boy, Mandy, Sondra, Panther30, Willis, Ebonite, Thrax

kowal
    Participant

just a question, not a suggestion etc.

is ist possible for me to get the 41.2-41.3 diff files for linux source? so i can just download the diff files then applied them to 41.2 source. downloading big files kinda hurts my internet quota πŸ™‚
    or perhaps a delta rpm?

Deathstryker
    Participant

But… I just now downloaded 41.2. Ah crap….

Thrax
    Participant

FIGURES!.. i was up till 4am, checking here often.. not a peep.

i fall asleep for 3-4 hrs, and another version is out already..

Rebuilding now.. mod-servers be up to date shortly.

Pam
    Participant

Very nice Gavin, works like a charm, as usual.
    I always laugh when compiling, coz it requires me to run the GNU autotools.
    Let me just post 2 images for our friends that are stuck with Windows. πŸ˜‰

The FSF dudes really care, don’t they ? πŸ˜€

Girlz, Boyz – try Unix !
    It’s a bit harder to learn than good old Windows, but it’s fun ! πŸ˜›
    ( no really )

BTW
    I offer Unix advice for anyone, be it dual booting with Win or setting up your *Nix.
    Just PM or eMail, and I’ll get you goin’ in no time.

Jurily
    Participant

checking for beer in -lfridge… no
    Warning: No beer found in fridge!
    We highly suggest that you rectify this situation immediately.

Stupid script… the beer was on the table, in front of me πŸ˜›
    And it didn’t check for Kenny, either.

Pam
    Participant

Wot ?
    You had my beer ?
    Shame on you, I’m drinkin’ stale tea for hours . . .
    I bet u’re runnin’ OS/2 – those guyz alwayz gave me da creeps . . πŸ˜€

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@pam wrote:

I offer Unix advice for anyone, be it dual booting with Win or setting up your *Nix.
    Just PM or eMail, and I’ll get you goin’ in no time.

offtopic thread or it didn’t happen

Pam
    Participant

Sry, I couldn’t help you with your RAID stuff. But without the same system I’d have been be just guesses.

Lithium
    Participant

The latest Debian download version is still 41.2 πŸ™

Mcb Lover
    Participant

was drunk…dont remember what id want to say 😳

BOY
    Participant

So out of curiosity I went to download.com to see what the stats are on the game that I love. I found that weekly downloads are less than 300, which I thought was low, but the rank of #3 in “military” category is respectable.

view it here

The really disapointing thing, and it shocks me that I have not picked this up sooner, is that the description of the game on the site is pulled off our home page here but picks up the description in the middle.

At its lowest level, Scorched 3D is just an artillery game with two+ tanks taking turns to destroy opponents in an arena. Choose the angle, direction and power of each shot, launch your weapon, and try to blow up other tanks. That’s basically it. But Scorched 3D can be a lot more complex than that, if you want it to be. You can earn money from successful battles and use it to invest in additional weapons and accessories. You can play with up to twenty four other players at a time, mixing computer players with humans. There’s a variety of changing environmental conditions and terrains to be dealt with. After the end of each round (which ends when everybody dies or there’s only one person left), you get to buy stuff using the prize money you won from previous matches.

In my personal opinion this is a rather boring description and it needs to be jazzed up a little. THe first sentence there is a kind of turn off. πŸ™ This is essentially the resume of the game but it left out the first paragraph of the description on the homepage unfortunately. It simply doesn’t do scorched3d justice.

It would also be nice if the rating was a bit higher on CNET, but there are only 3 reviews recently.

I’d like to see that description on CNET changed for accuracy sake, but I’d also like to see it improved on the homepage a little. Let’s revise it just a bit, what do you say eh?

oh, and lets also leave a few more reviews of the game, I left one for 5 stars and you should too! πŸ˜€

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I think the thing that hurt the download.com ratings the most is that they have removed their 5 star editors review. I’ve asked for it to be put back, but so far no luck.

If you have anything other text you want for the description then let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

BOY
    Participant

yes, the lack of an editor’s review certainly hurts. Would be nice to have a 4+ star user review rating to cover for it. 3.5 stars not so great. The game has come a long way over the years. I know you were simply being modest with the description and all, but how long has it been since ….

oh yes, you were saying something about a new description. πŸ™‚

lets see what I can do. πŸ˜›

BOY
    Participant

okay, what do you think of this?

Scorched 3D is a modernization of the classic DOS game Scorched Earth “The Mother Of All Games” on which it is based. Scorched 3D incorporates a lively three dimensional landscape that includes animated jets, naval vessels, water, and even birds, in addition to detailed tanks and projectiles. Other enhancements include LAN and internet play and music. Scorched 3D is totally free to play and is available for both Microsoft Windows and Unix (Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Solaris etc.) operating systems.

Learning how to play is easy, just point the turret, adjust power and trajectory, select a weapon – and shoot! Manage your inventory of weapons with the prize money you can win during each round of combat. Learn the basic controls using the tutorial mode, or set up your own game by customizing dozens of economy and environmental conditions to your liking, or simply play online immediately at one of the various public servers.

Scorched 3D is a simple turn-based artillery game and also a real-time strategy game in which players can counter each others’ weapons with other creative accessories, shields and tactics. Learn skill in timing, aiming and judgment, move around on the landscape, or even out-smart your opponent economically.

You can play with up to twenty four other players at a time, mixing computer players with humans on both randomly generated 3D landscapes and user designed maps. Scorched3D comes bundled with Apocalypse mod, which offers enhanced levels of weaponry and additional user designed maps and also offers an active online community of players making models, maps and mods for the game.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.