This topic contains 33 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 12 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Quetzalcoatl
    Participant

First off, just wanted to say great work on this; obviously a lot of work went into it 🙂 Very nice.

Secondly, just to reference…

@willis wrote:

Sandhogs are way way strong for accuracy.

Lasers – somethings gotta be done to make them stronger, the “heavy” laser takes 3 attacks for a kill. I could understand if the “regular” laser did that (not even knowing what damage that does) but the heavy should do better IMO. Maybe 75 damage per shot. This way it is NOT an insta-kill weapon, however it is signifantly potent. Yes maybe his could raise the prices of them too (or not, whoknows)

Second laser suggestion – maybe include lasers to have a 1.0 second delay before firing. Why? Again we do not want a insta-kill style weapon, this gives plentiful time for fuel and teleport systems to activate (ok maybe > 1 if we’re talkin about teleporters).

All of those points seem valid to me. A firing delay on lasers would be perfect, as would a little extra punch – although not much, considering they seem to fire right through the ground (not sure how I feel about that.. maybe they are ok after all 🙂 )

Sandhogs seem VERY overpowered now – almost like the rollers of version 38. I killed 3 full strength Cyborg bots right through their shields without try at all – just randomly aimed and ended up with 3 kills for 5 shots. And that was with baby sandhogs.. ouch.

And.. well.. the explosion sound is kinda.. well.. weak. I much preferred the old one, myself. The new one sounds like something that woulda come out of my PC speaker in the original Scorched 😆

But overall, this is a great patch. Love the ambience, and cant wait for more!

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

@apache64d wrote:

I can’t reach ANY server..
    You can read it on the privet one, Death.
    I downloaded the full version.
    I checked the uniqe id and got none..

You should have had the foresight to save your unique ID into a seperate folder then interject it into the .scorched3d primary folder.

But a New Id.xml file should be generated for you as well as a display.xml file.

Re_load it…. then recover your UID from your forums ID… then cut and paste it. (where your id.xml file is).

You should be okay then,… hope it helps.

Apollo

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

ok, haven’t played on-line yet with 39.

But I think I have clue to whats crashing.
    When scorch is crashing on my it is also causing my VLC (Video Lan) to crash and it also is casuing other video programs to crash. It could possible be causing some part of Open GL, or directX to crash but not giving a message for a crash till you try to use it(But I’m not getting a crash message for either one (OpenGL or DirectX) just the program that may use it)

Crash info after Scorched3D has crashed then trying to use VLC

VLC caused an invalid page fault in
    module at 0000:b00dc120.
    Registers:
    EAX=de9ca000 CS=01af EIP=b00dc120 EFLGS=00010286
    EBX=00000006 SS=01b7 ESP=03dcf794 EBP=03dc87ae
    ECX=00001248 DS=01b7 ESI=ddca879c FS=01a7
    EDX=03dcf78c ES=01b7 EDI=de9c5e37 GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP:

Stack dump:
    00000f6f 00000377 0000fb76 8058b560 01b72007 a0000000 87c8de9c 03770fa6 00001248 00000006 b00dc120 000001af ddca6000 260b880a 12480377 60000000

-Note-

VLC will work if Scoched3D hasn’t crashed

It’s an issue that allowed V37 and V38 to run smoothly under DX8 and OpenGL, When DX9 came out there happened to be a DLL issue that hasn’t been addressed so I would try to remove DX9 + Open GL then install DX8 then OpenGL… ignore DX9 and see if the game runs.

Good luck!

Apollo

comedown
    Participant

My only complaint so far would be that the game, with all it’s new sounds and HAL-like messages (“Welcome to scorched3D, take off your shoes cd, you’re in good hands now”), is making me too relaxed to play!

I’m just kind of zoning out, chilling out, and getting blown out of the game. 🙂

That’s more than likely just me though.

On a completely different note, how do we add stuff to our “favorites” section in the armoury?

Crispy Critter
    Participant

@comedown wrote:

On a completely different note, how do we add stuff to our “favorites” section in the armoury?

Just click the check box next to the weapon…

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@willis wrote:

Sandhogs are way way strong for accuracy.

They are expensive though. And no more powerful than funkys.

Lasers – somethings gotta be done to make them stronger, the “heavy” laser takes 3 attacks for a kill. I could understand if the “regular” laser did that (not even knowing what damage that does) but the heavy should do better IMO. Maybe 75 damage per shot. This way it is NOT an insta-kill weapon, however it is signifantly potent. Yes maybe his could raise the prices of them too (or not, whoknows)

Don’t forget lasers fire through hills and shields.
    Also the shorter you make the laser stream the more powerful it becomes.

Next – the advertising is creative and inspiring but way too frequent. Is it on a second timer? If so, maybe make it 3-4x as long between repeats.

Ok done.

Next – fuel – we’re seeing it as a last moment “teleport” jump even though we can hear the tank movement sound. So somethings goofy there.

Ok I’ll check it. Does it work ok single player?

Non-bughunt suggestion: the models of jets and choppers, could they _MAYBE_ be larger? They look cool but are tiny, on second thought at least the jets.

Yes, there is a scale option.

Oh one small question for the filter system, which works very nice… PLAYED – the YED gets filtered, whats YED??? is it possible to have it detect certain conditions when it should not be filtered, whatever it is?

Not sure I got the word list from another website. I’ll remove this word.

Quetzalcoatl
    Participant

Sandhogs are expensive, but they do come in big bundles.. just something to consider

Willis
    Participant

Also the shorter you make the laser stream the more powerful it becomes.

Very interesting (and cleverly evil) .. let me look into this 😈

jdog
    Participant

@Apollo Tangent wrote:

@jdog wrote:

ok, haven’t played on-line yet with 39.

But I think I have clue to whats crashing.
    When scorch is crashing on my it is also causing my VLC (Video Lan) to crash and it also is casuing other video programs to crash. It could possible be causing some part of Open GL, or directX to crash but not giving a message for a crash till you try to use it(But I’m not getting a crash message for either one (OpenGL or DirectX) just the program that may use it)

Crash info after Scorched3D has crashed then trying to use VLC

VLC caused an invalid page fault in
    module at 0000:b00dc120.
    Registers:
    EAX=de9ca000 CS=01af EIP=b00dc120 EFLGS=00010286
    EBX=00000006 SS=01b7 ESP=03dcf794 EBP=03dc87ae
    ECX=00001248 DS=01b7 ESI=ddca879c FS=01a7
    EDX=03dcf78c ES=01b7 EDI=de9c5e37 GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP:

Stack dump:
    00000f6f 00000377 0000fb76 8058b560 01b72007 a0000000 87c8de9c 03770fa6 00001248 00000006 b00dc120 000001af ddca6000 260b880a 12480377 60000000

-Note-

VLC will work if Scoched3D hasn’t crashed

It’s an issue that allowed V37 and V38 to run smoothly under DX8 and OpenGL, When DX9 came out there happened to be a DLL issue that hasn’t been addressed so I would try to remove DX9 + Open GL then install DX8 then OpenGL… ignore DX9 and see if the game runs.

Good luck!

Apollo

I have DirectX v8.1 not 9 so it can’t be v9 but I started having some problems when I changed the sound channels and more when I turned off the birds…

jdog
    Participant

just did a few tests to see if turing the birds on stoped the crashing for me and it did BUT before I turned off the birds when I changed the sound channels from 16 to 32 I had crashes after playing one round also.

To get my game to work I have birds on and sound channels at 16.

BOY
    Participant

I will attempt to comment on what i have experienced so far.

roller bug, i dunno what it is, I could not reproduce the problem in single player… it seems that there is a problem when the rollers land on a slope created by a bomb, perhaps they do not spawn on very steep slopes?

the sandhogs are alright, but they do seem different, what exactly has changed? I am just fine with sandhogs either way, i remember when they were used incessantly in version 37, then much less in version 38. In general, however, I am always for makeing weapons weaker, so long as they remain useful and priced properly.

fuel bug is not critical but it is more fun to see the tanks moving 🙂

the size of the boids is fine, the the jets do move a bit too fast to really see them well

the teleporter is exactly what it should be, random is always a fun thing, and its not really for just jumping around constantly, so the price seems ok.

lasers are good, but seem a bit weak, not totally sure, so long as one shot heavy laser can kill the target at a medium range and the weak laser can kill the target at a close range (I think range of 300 pwr is close)

Willis
    Participant

Well lasers (I’ve been giving this much thought on how to accuratly improve them) are open to much intepretation on its efficiency. To explain them simply, attributes are setup to define the minimum and maximum distances and damage abilities.

The differences are used in a range, and however much power you put into the weapon defines where it lands on that range. So yes the less power the more damage but shorter the beam. I’ll be commenting more on this later after I do a few field tests.

jdog
    Participant

AAGGGGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the modding brain freeze. couldn’t say i was supised that someone else thught of using a “lightning storm” weapon.

Taken out 57% of the new weapons I made because they didn’t work right and only made 1 new one so far but I am getting some ideas…. just hoping they work right and not to much like other ones made.

Panther30
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

AAGGGGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the modding brain freeze. couldn’t say i was supised that someone else thught of using a “lightning storm” weapon.

Taken out 57% of the new weapons I made because they didn’t work right and only made 1 new one so far but I am getting some ideas…. just hoping they work right and not to much like other ones made.

raptormod has always had a sort of lightning storm weapon called the static charge. R@p7oR just recently made a larger and more stormlike version (static overcharge). and then floppy, decided he wanted an even larger version (Thunder of God). R@p7oR is the man to talk to about the “lightning storm” code.

Deathstryker
    Participant

On one of my comps I’ve bee having problems with the effects clipping through my camera window… I don’t know if it’s because I have special settings on it or because I’m using a crappy intel card. So far I’ve only tried this in a LAN game against bots. I don’t think this happened on my other comp, I’ll have to check.

Also it appears as if there is anti aliasing on now by default. Is there a way to turn this off to make the game run faster?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.