This topic contains 95 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 12 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

BigBear
    Participant

@device wrote:

If you meant the top 10 of the tournament, i’d be happy to be there. Will you welcome spectators anyway ?

Hurry up, I start a new job next week and will have far less time to play 😉

I’m game as well if you need cannon fodder 😉

BOY
    Participant

This is the list of the top ten players AND the remaining players that have won at least one tournament game

Trogdor
    Demimurych
    Wowbagger
    Apollo Tangent
    apache
    BigBear
    Death
    DeVice
    Ebonite
    HWB
    Noob Bandit
    DireWolf
    mandy
    Vihor
    Agent Alfred E. Chaos
    NoMoreSteve
    ASh
    SGT ROCK

Note: Two non-members are in top ten, one of them by bonus points that I have not yet taken away. (does not affect the top 3) Both will be invited into the final match but neither can win the tournament.

So that the bounus points do not shift, They will be frozen for the final match.

the final game win will be worth 100 points and kills will be worth 5 points each. Round wins will be worth 2 points and each $1000 final money will be worth 1 point. Resign is not allowed.

This way, if necessary, the points can be added using any server, all that is needed is a screen shot of the scoreboard. The server will be selected by Trog, Wow and Demi.

Ideas
    – Ask gavin to set up the Tournament server one more time
    – As admin at smallweapons server (has stats) BOY can remove bots and add a password for one game.
    – Have the game on the main server
    – set up a non stats server by someone in the list above.

I have no problem with doing it on Friday or even tomorrow. When Demi and Wow pick the day, everyone else will have to do thier best to make it at that time discussed above.

Wowbagger
    Participant

Demi Wrote:

To BOY and Wow
    be based on traditions – sorry about my engl

Thx for chacne to have 1st place

Yes i agree to play this game. i consent to any rules. even play without hogs.

About time for this game.
    any day between Mon – Friday.
    any time between 7.00 – 18.00 (London time).

How about next Thursday Oct, 27th.
    It will give top ten players some time to clear thier schedule.

Boy Wrote:

I can normally play from 16:30 to about 17:30 (london time) on Monday, Wed, Thurs, & Fri. Hopefully one of those days is good

Sound good to everyone?
    Comments or Replies?
    Lets Make It Happen!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

Demimurych
    Participant

@wowbagger wrote:

Demi Wrote:

To BOY and Wow
    be based on traditions – sorry about my engl

Thx for chacne to have 1st place

Yes i agree to play this game. i consent to any rules. even play without hogs.

About time for this game.
    any day between Mon – Friday.
    any time between 7.00 – 18.00 (London time).

Its fine to me.

How about next Thursday Oct, 27th.
    It will give top ten players some time to clear thier schedule.

Boy Wrote:

I can normally play from 16:30 to about 17:30 (london time) on Monday, Wed, Thurs, & Fri. Hopefully one of those days is good

Sound good to everyone?
    Comments or Replies?
    Lets Make It Happen!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

Its good to me. Its give me time to have my best form.
    I trainig 1 hour in a day.
    No. 2 hour.
    No 2 hour and 15 minits.

BOY
    Participant

Not sure if i should just sit and meditate while I sharpen my claws….

or pray.

Next Thursday, 27th is good.

Hopefully Gavin can restart the tournament server for us.

Should I submit a new tourament?

Wowbagger
    Participant

Boy Wrote:

Next Thursday, 27th is good.

Hopefully Gavin can restart the tournament server for us.

Should I submit a new tourament?

I know you didnt set up this tourney as a play off system but maybe you could call it V39 Tournament Finals…

One Game for top 10 players, points to be added to original tourny stats to determine the Grand Winner. Also Winner of game itself Can have All the Bragging Rights they want. 😀

Maybe we can contact the top 10 players and let them know(if they dont read this). When game starts we can sign on in spectator mode and give say 5 minutes for anyone who thinks they can make it to show up.(I suggest No Alternates. And then GET IT ON!!!

P.S. Boy If you could verify the time for me since Im not that great at figuring out the time zones it would be appreciated. 😀 😀

BOY
    Participant

the final game win will be worth 100 points and kills will be worth 5 points each. Round wins will be worth 2 points and each $1000 final money will be worth 1 point. Resign is not allowed

thes points would be separate, and then added to the tournament scores so far, to determine the winner. The game win points are high to give whoever wins the game a good chance to win the tournament.
    does this sound good?

The other way to do it is to keep the old point system. If the finals game is averaged into the tournament stats, that puts alot of the bonus points back up for grabs, a higher risk for Demi. This would be a bit higher suspense shot to shot, which i like, and it would make him “prove” his kill ratio yet again. 😛 Yet, the method i quoted above would also make the game a higher suspense cuz the final game could be worth a TON of new points.

I’ll submit a new tournament finals game this afternoon. The kickoff tournament is officially ended and no winner was declared, I must do that before ending it

about the time zones,

I am london time -5 hr.
    The game time will begin in spectator mode at 16:25 london time Oct. 27th.
    Thats 11:30 for me, 12:30 for wowbagger, and sometime in the evening for Demi

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.