This topic contains 95 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 12 years ago.

• Author

DeVice
    Participant

I like the settings on the tourney practice server, BOY.

Only thing is, as we got zero starting money, the buying could start on round 2, No need to present us the buy screen at start of game.

BOY
    Participant

good point, thanks 🙂

when I get home, I will fix it. I might leave it up for a while and change things around if people want to. My poor computer wont be able to sleep at night for a while now 😛

BOY
    Participant

UPDATE: AUG 24 ’05

The Tournament member page has been fixed by gcamp (thanks Gavin), so I can approve members officially once again. I also made a few mall edits to the description regarding dates. Also made an edit to the rules that I hope everyone will like. –> MOVEMENT RESTRICTION [OFF]

@Everyone who has been looking forward to the start of the tournament:
    Please use the remaining time to invite players to join the tournament. the more players we have the more fun it will be. once the server gets up, I can still approve new memebers, but all the better if the players are in on it earlier

The Practice server is back up as of last night, there are two cyborgs, and game begins with no cash to make it a challenge. The reason for the bots was mainly to give anyone something to do if they were alone, that meant no cash to make it challenging, which winds up not being true “practice” since cash will be normal for the actual tournament. Oh, well. Please let me know what you think.

Spectrum
    Participant

It works alright. at times the bots are to good, then again they turn stupid all of a sunnden. Kid chaos & i were in there last night & they were a challenge for him ’cause they keept killing kid 😛

BOY
    Participant

The practice server has seen little action lately, this does not supprise me, bots can be aweful boring. For a little extra fun, i might put up the smallweaponsmod soon, it is very small to dl and should be a good fun for some vets. currently it is being debugged by some folks.

I have so far kept the password up, should I leave up the server without a password?, I have been wondering if a server really would be the best way to advertise for the tournament, no password, with messages about tournament. Any fun ideas are welcome.

I still dont know when the tournament will be able to start, Gavin is quite busy, perhaps when he knows when he can return home it will be then. For now, the tournament remains postponed. 😕

BOY
    Participant

I have set up a Tournament server with the mod from the last Tournament. there is no longer any password, I have set it up without one so that anyone can get some info messages about the tournament

for problems on the server or for suggestions feel free to post them here.

apache64d
    Participant

OK delete my last post. I will be in it. 😀

comedown
    Participant

I had a few rounds with the bot today, on the tournament server. Trying to get in a little practice.

I encountered a very annoying bug, which I have not seen before.

It involved missiles exploding in mid air (without making contact with anything what-so-ever), while the ghosts of the projectiles carried on to the target and disappeared into the ground.

I had to quit. It wasn’t much fun. 🙁

BOY
    Participant

this bug has been seen before by some others, it seemed to happen on the cave map mostly, kraftwerk posted about it in general.

try agin on a better day 🙂

jdog
    Participant

@boy wrote:

this bug has been seen before by some others, it seemed to happen on the cave map mostly, kraftwerk posted about it in general.

try agin on a better day 🙂

Funny thing is, I’ve never seen the bug on the cave level but have had it many other levels, including mine.

HWB
    Participant

I ran into a bug. I don’t know if it is my setting. My settings work on the other servers with no problem. This happens when the weapon is about to effect. Most of the time it my screen lags a bit. But not all the time.
    The last time I had a window pop up saying…..:

“Text Reuse”=0
    129ScorchedRSCCLEXTCLT.TEXT.CPP

I don’t know if it is on a certian weapon or what. Sorry I can’t be more help than that.

BOY
    Participant

not sure what it is, but i will check it out when i get home. Thanks for letting me know. it could be my computer or something… ( i hope not though :))

BOY
    Participant

THE LATEST UPDATE:

I have aked gavin to set a new date for the tournament. I hope that he will be able to get it started by the 23rd of September. So far he has not recieved my message but hopefully he will have enought time to let us know some information this weekend.

In the meantime, keep on scorching, scorchers!

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ok, im back let me know when you want the tournament server setup.

BOY
    Participant

WELCOME BACK ❗

I was thinking perhaps Thursday evening the 22nd (thats the first day of autumn too, yay! my favorite time of year .) 😀

That way the server can be ready to run for friday, i will set the official date as Friday.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 97 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.