This topic contains 95 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 12 years ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

A new tournament has been approved.
    Tournament “Version 39 Kickoff!” starts on the 18 Aug 2005

For more information see :
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/tournamentview.php?t=10

BOY
    Participant

People are already joining up! 😀 😀 😀

Pending any bug fixes or patches that might happen, and the time gavin needs to set up an official server, the tournament is ready to go. Gavin, will you have any issues with adding the server for us? I know you have your hands full. 😛

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Shouldn’t be a problem.

BOY
    Participant

as i’m prone to do during my boredom at work (either working or not) I have a few ideas for the tournament that might be fun to explore. would appreciate some thoughts

sandhogs: the new deadly weapon. if possible should there be a mod or fix for this issue – to inculde a price increase? or should there be a point penalty for being the player with the highest ratio of sandhog kills. 😛

lasers: the new pee wee weapon. should there be a quick mod to change the hurt value of the laser? or a bonus point award for a kill with a laser 🙂

Prizes: I have at least one prize that might be fun to give away, a Play Station 2 game system memory card with nearly a full set of cars in the garage for Gran Tourismo 3 (I personally won each car, no cheats 8) )
    Well, perhaps a certificate would be more fitting 😀

comedown
    Participant

@boy wrote:

as i’m prone to do during my boredom at work (either working or not) I have a few ideas for the tournament that might be fun to explore. would appreciate some thoughts

sandhogs: the new deadly weapon. if possible should there be a mod or fix for this issue – to inculde a price increase? or should there be a point penalty for being the player with the highest ratio of sandhog kills. 😛

lasers: the new pee wee weapon. should there be a quick mod to change the hurt value of the laser? or a bonus point award for a kill with a laser 🙂

Prizes: I have at least one prize that might be fun to give away, a Play Station 2 game system memory card with nearly a full set of cars in the garage for Gran Tourismo 3 (I personally won each car, no cheats 8) )
    Well, perhaps a certificate would be more fitting 😀

As I said (read as: whined about) before, if it’s a no-mod game, then the rules shouldn’t be any different from the stats server rules. 😛

*joins up

BOY
    Participant

@comedown wrote:

As I said (read as: whined about) before, if it’s a no-mod game, then the rules shouldn’t be any different from the stats server rules. 😛

Point well taken, not considered a whine in my book. 🙂
    have you noted that there are a couple non-mod changes made to the tournament already? in addition to the tournament scoring rules and win rules.

Just want to know what people prefer to do. there has been alot of dislike for the new sandhogs so… and there are non mod options we can go with if people really hate them. As I realized last night, with sandhogs nearly as effective now as a funkybomb, the cash race is all the more important, as the one with the most Fshields will survive the baby sandhog onslaught the longest. I have a feeling that the consesus will be to change the sandhogs back to the way they were sometime soon (not that gavin is “required” to comply, but he has said he is willing to do that)
    Should that happen, I would not consider this change to be actually a true mod, more like shieldtest.

In any case I will not be making even minor changes to the tournament rules unless its by popular/majority demand.

Irishbandit
    Participant

Small Weapons mod of course!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😯

DeVice
    Participant

Till the tournament starts, could it be possible to play even if the minimum number of players is not reached ?

Would help practice small weaps mod 😉

BOY
    Participant

@device wrote:

Till the tournament starts, could it be possible to play even if the minimum number of players is not reached ?

Would help practice small weaps mod 😉

well, in this case, there is no mod. Please read the rules 🙂 Irish is just a bit overzealous for the small wep mod 🙂

BOY
    Participant

THE SCORCHERS CREED

This is my tank. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my tank is useless. Without my tank, I am useless. I must fire my baby missiles true. I must shoot straighter than the enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. My tank and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit.

My tank is the key to my survival. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my tank clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.

Before Gavin I swear this creed. My tank and I are the defenders of my hillside. We are the masters of our enemy.

So be it, until victory is mine and there is no enemy.

Adapted from The Rifleman’s Creed (USMC)

Irishbandit
    Participant

Psssst pssssst *small weapon mod*Psssst dont tell any one. 😉

BOY
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

Psssst pssssst *small weapon mod*Psssst dont tell any one. 😉

one day i will have more stuff and a bigger house and nicer car….. and more bandwidth, and the know how to do my own stats! then I will have a wireless network router and a cheap comp dedicated to being a server for small weapons mod. Unless of course Bob sets one up first 😉

comedown
    Participant

So what time of day does the kickoff kick off?

BOY
    Participant

basically its whenever gavin has time to set it up. Gavin will hopefully leave a quick post whenever he puts it up 🙂

Even if its not up till Friday morning or something, its all good.

In any event, we need to get a few more ppl to join up, or being the first one there at the server will be lonely 😕

Everyone please encourage ppl to sign up for the tournament this week while you play

once again we have a slight attendance problem. there are fewer joined than there were votes for interest in tournament 🙄

BOY
    Participant

Well, the tournament section appears to be down for the moment

I could not log in to check/approve members 😕

Hopefully Gavin is tinkering with the site or something……Gavin?

THis is the error message i got when i logged in to check the tournament

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/s/c/scorched3d_co_uk/phpBB2/tournamentview.php on line 474

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.