This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  paco75018 13 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Deathstryker
    Participant

If you weren’t born on this date in 1976, you can’t play.

Welp, that keeps me out of the game. I was born in ’84. You think you could raise it… ohhh… about 8 years for me?

hobbesme
    Participant

@hoopy frood wrote:

One downside to blocking someones chat all together is the fact the you would not know when they were ‘teaming up’ or ‘trucing’ with other players.

Not too bad a price to pay. I know I don’t believe/trust in anyone’s truce/team chatting anyways so whether I know or don’t know they talked about a truce/team doesn’t affect me any.

But it does affect team-play if the offending player is on your team & you’re ignoring/blocking all his chat. But oh well. Don’t be an asshole & maybe people won’t block you!

@hoopy frood wrote:

Im sorry to see most people wont mention other players specifically.

It’s been a long while since I’ve encountered any really offensive players. All the players that I’ve seen that were annoyingly offensive didn’t stick around long enough to remain an annoyance.

Besides, as c(b,x) will agree, any of us, especially me, can be a jackass some of the time. 😉

NoMoreSteve
    Participant

Jackass? Me? Not me. No sir. Not me. 😉

All seriousnless, hobbes has it right. We all at some point or another do cut up from time to time. The ones that get on my nerves are the ones that continue to try to show off by typing a bunch of nonsense and using every other word in the book just to egg people on.

Now, people like this will probably not chase me off (after all, in the last two rounds, they’ll pay 😈 ), but it can, and probably has, deterred people from wanting to play online with the rest of us.

There is always going to be the @$%%!% who will always try to ruin it for others. That’s just a fact of any online game. I applaud the many, many people that I have played with that refrain from such language.

What ever possible solution(s) that are implimented, nothing, and I repeat, NOTHING will be any better than dropping a DH on said dorks who refuse to play/talk nice.
    🙂 😉

Panther30
    Participant

@ebonite² wrote:

had four or five guys come in today, all from the same “class” talking noise, throwing childish insults, and generally ruining the game for most people. claimed to be high schoolers, but seemed more like kindergarten. they kept getting disconnected and thier new names sure tried to top their last names…

I think a simple Driver’s licence verification should be required to play. If you weren’t born on this date in 1976, you can’t play. We card under forty.

dang… born in 1972 here… My State ID is expired though. Guess i’d better get my ID renewed soon so I can play scorched online 😀

cbx550f
    Participant

@Hobbes wrote:

Besides, as c(b,x) will agree, any of us, especially me, can be a jackass some of the time.

I resemble that remark!

[quote=”nms”}There is always going to be the @$%%!% who will always try to ruin it for others. That’s just a fact of any online game. I applaud the many, many people that I have played with that refrain from such language. [/quote]

I share your thoughts on this, Steve – there’s been times that I’ve gotten a bit annoyed by a few people in the game – but normally, as you say, a good deathhead tends to pacify me! 😉

Generally, I’ve found the Scorched crowd to be the best crowd I’ve ever come across in online gaming.

hoopy frood
    Participant

Yes weve all had our games/days were we werent the nicest players.
    I certainlly dont mind a little cut up now and then.
    I personally just make a little list with offending players and start at the top/work my way down.

Tell ya what I dont like…busting your balls to get someone down to the next shot kill and they resign. That resign button should be removed.
    That will get ya on my list.Breakin truce..on list. Putting my mother in a comment ….on top of list.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that the occasional transgression of good game play is not the issue. However, now it seems that certain players are recruiting friends to wreck the game….thats sad!

Hoopy

xal
    Participant

I think it’s about time I had my pound of flesh on this subject as well, lol.

I agree that something must be done to stop these idiots from abusing game players, especially one who should be dealt with asap, mokelok.

I thought of the voting idea before, but it is doomed to failure as it can be abused by these people to get decent players off, even if it is temporarily.

The admin commands to ban players by the top ten sounds fine as well until you realise that one of these idiots could get up there, well I did it after all, lol.

The best short term solution would be an ignore list based on player id rather than name, names can be duplicated and changed. This has the double advantage of not having to listen to these idiot whilst blasting them back to where they came from.

The last idea would be to have an abuse forum to report it, there again that could be abused as well, you can’t win. Some way to report abuse that isn’t just gavin, he’s busy enough as it is. Two or three people in admin should be enough to make sure it gets dealt with. An IP ban on the server should do it, or something just as effective.

Anyway, that’s my humble contribution. If you have any problem with it, I’ll c u in scorched, lol. 😈

hobbesme
    Participant

@hoopy frood wrote:

Tell ya what I dont like…busting your balls to get someone down to the next shot kill and they resign. That resign button should be removed.

Resigning is a heated topic — but it’s been debated at least once before :

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1098&highlight=resign

I think gavin changed resigning for V38, but I think this removes a slightly advantageous strategical option for a player to exercise. “Stealing” a kill by resigning is a very useful strategy.

paco75018
    Participant

Well, if i can contribute to this “ban function”, i’ll just say that this function exist in LFS (Life for speed : http://www.liveforspeed.net).

It’s a simple vote of all the others players that decide if the guy must be ban or just kick. In the second case, he is able to re-connect and in the first case, he can’t. We must consider that Mokelok connects by differents ID, sometimes with our nicknames…

If this sort of player is banned every time he used bad language, he’ll be more humble from time to time 😉 .

So to be effective, the vote could be based on 75% of the gamers at the same time (not 100% like in LFS).

Glad to help you to realise this quickly, Gavin : we’re tired of such comportments. 😡

Paris

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.