This topic contains 40 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 12 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

jdog
    Participant

I got a minor bug.

I’v seen this twice and it depends on where you start in the game.
    but twice playing online I’m started inside a hilll. This really makes it unfair when you just come online and start in a hill and can’t fire at any one because you don’t have the right weapon to dig youself out

Deathstryker
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

I got a minor bug.

I’v seen this twice and it depends on where you start in the game.
    but twice playing online I’m started inside a hilll. This really makes it unfair when you just come online and start in a hill and can’t fire at any one because you don’t have the right weapon to dig youself out

That one is an old bug, apparently not fixed. It’s been reported before.

jdog
    Participant

I guess not 🙁

might have something to do with the landscape.xml file, how tanks are loaded on to the map.

hoopy frood
    Participant

Two minor bugs?

1) While moving with fuel to new area a player dropped a digger between me and my start point, clearly puttin me on the far edge of said crater.
    After round was over the game redrew me on the other edge of crater closer to my start point. I had suffered no damage and was no where near where I had ‘pointed’ to move.

2) Another one involved moving again.
    Bought 40 fuel.
    The game accepted my move which was at the edge of the ‘move’ area,underwater.
    However, it only moved me half way and stopped.
    I had to use the next move to get where I wanted to go, so it wasnt a terrain limitation issue or lack of fuel.

Hoopy (Losin his Edge)

hoopy frood
    Participant

Well I had same issue yesterday.

I bought 40 fuel…sold 10.
    Made my move to edge of ‘fuel’ area which was underwater.
    When the turn started it clearly showed me move to the underwater position which was well out of the blast zone.

When the turn ended it redrew me back where I started with 90% damage thanks to Willis…lol

Not only had I not moved but it used about 6 of my 30 fuel points.

If Willis had rocketed me at 1000 I might not question it.
    But he had layed a funky well away from my area…giving me plenty of time to move before the funky hit……strange..

So my turn was lost, lost 6 fuel and suffered damage.
    Is there something I’m missing?

Again..on my end I clearly moved out and away from zone of destruction.
    I don’t know how it looked to the other players.

Hoopy (Stupified)

imported_gcamp
    Participant

The tank movement used to stop if
    A) You were dead
    B) Ran out of fuel
    C) Fell
    D) Reached a slope you could not climb (due to dirt being placed)

I have removed case C so if you fall (perhaps due to a shot) you will continue to move after the fall is complete. I think this will fix the issues you are seeing.

Bobirov
    Participant

I don’t know if this is a bug or not but I figured I would mention it as it seemed odd to me.

In order to get the starting locations to line up with the landscape properly when using team starting masks, you have to rotate the mask file 90 degrees to the right and then flip it. It just doesn’t seem like that would be intentional as you would think that it should line up properly if it is oriented the same way as the landscape’s heightmap..

hoopy frood
    Participant

In all three instances I had plenty of fuel, before and after.
    In the last occurance no holes appeared before or after the shot in line with my movement. Movement started..movement ended then a redraw back to were a started, which was considerable, about 30 fuel units on almost flat terrain.

Anyway glad You could look at the problem. Thanks again for a great game.

Hoopy (making friends of those #1) lol

Anonymous
    Participant

Here is an error I keep getting while trying to play game.

1. Both machines XP Pro.
    2. Running 38 of Scorched.
    3. No firewalls.
    4. Keep gettings disconnected with Failed to Uncompress Coms Buffer error.

One machine P4 1.6Ghz.
    Other 3.0Ghz.
    Both Intel.

jdog
    Participant

I didn’t seem to find this in the forum so far…

It seems that when a computer (AI) player hits the lowest point (can’t shoot the ground out from under it any more) it stops shooting. (The AI may thing it is burried under ground since your at the lowest point you can go on the map.

how to repoduce, give computer AI either unlimited Batts, parachutes and shields, or tell it to buy many of each, shoot a Strangelove (the computer must be using a shield and parashoots), watch all the land go bye, when computer is at lowest point possible, the computer will not shoot(skips turn) on next turn and each turn after.

Anonymous
    Participant

@shanebee wrote:

Here is an error I keep getting while trying to play game.

1. Both mac……
    2. Runni…..
    3. No firewalls. ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗
    4. Keep get…..

Could this be your problem? 😉

Poolee

BOY
    Participant

i have noticed that if the tank is in very close proximity to the terrain and on a slope, (typically after using fuel to climb onto a steep slope) that when a round is fired approximately parallel to the slope (rollers seem to do this more than other weapons) that the weapon will detonate imediately after being launched, regardless of the apparent clearance of the red aimer. This seems understandable to me,

….Except that it also happened to me witha digger, being fired directly away from the slope i was sitting on.

anyone else noticed this happening?

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.