This topic contains 40 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 12 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Ebbe
    Participant

Was wondering why I didnt have the problem on the Apoch server 🙂 Nice to know that it wasnt a bug 🙂

hobbesme
    Participant

@Apollo Tangent wrote:

I’ve seen Death’s Heads dud out after colliding with a snowflake a few times now. 😥 So maybe the high ordinance weapons shouldn’t be used in inclement weather maps.

If Apollo’s report of a DH detonating on a snowflake is true … that’s VERY LAME.

It’s more than reasonable to have munitions detonate or dud if they hit substantially SOLID objects prior to reaching their intended targets.

It’s EXCEPTIONALLY unreasonable to have munitions detonate upon hitting snowflakes or rain droplets or leaves or dust particles or ….

In fact, it’s so absurd, it made me laugh out loud when I read Apollo’s post! 😆

Willis
    Participant

Well that is funny to think of the potential *snow flake slowly drops from the sky* … *player lines up death head to fire* . .. *snow flake falls steadily down* … *player fires* … *snow flake contacts with DH 3 feet above unit* BOOM!

imported_gcamp
    Participant

If Apollo’s report of a DH detonating on a snowflake is true … that’s VERY LAME.

It must have been the acid rain! No im joking. This does not happen.

It’s more than reasonable to have munitions detonate or dud if they hit substantially SOLID objects prior to reaching their intended targets.

This is true. In 38 DHs and MIRVS will fail to detonate if they hit the ground before splitting. This was actualy how it was in the original game and version 36. The fact it did not in version 37 was actually a bug!

On another note, its almost exactly a year since version 36 was released. Its nice to see how far it have come in this time.

It’s EXCEPTIONALLY unreasonable to have munitions detonate upon hitting snowflakes or rain droplets or leaves or dust particles or ….

Dust particles eh, now thats an idea 🙂

Willis
    Participant

Is there ANY condition, where a DH will not expand? Beisdes the collision with ground senerio.

I ask this becasue there have been times (reflecting from 37.2) when I would shoot the weapon at a 0 degree level (or maybe upto 2-5 degrees) at a high power level, like 700+ and it would not expand. Even as I ever so lightly watched it arch down it would not expand.

I’m not talking like the scale of a mountain side, elevation differences from target and I would be slim but realistic.

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this?

R@p7oR
    Participant

maybe if a mirv/dh touch ground can have some kind of secundary attack like a powerful explosion or something like that

poolee
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Dust particles eh, now thats an idea 🙂

Now, what I think would be cool is if munitions in the game acted somewhat like munitions in real life… ie one in 10000 (??) chance that the munition explodes as it is being fired. 1 in 1000 chance of munitions hitting their target (or the ground near by depending on aim accuracy of course), failing to detonate and hitting with the force of a very large rock – damage equivalent to being hit by the force or 4 or 5 tracers?

Or, fire something like roller, which is timed to expand some moments after it hits the ground, only it gets stuck in the barrel of the tank, and eventually destroys the tank? A message should be displayed notifying everyone of the failed action, so it’ not guess work as to what happened…

…just Poolee being random again… 😛

Poolee

Deathstryker
    Participant

I played for a couple of hours now and the only bug I found is that you can’t see your health/shield bar when using shields because they are inside the shield instead of outside it. Of course I could use the GUI but I never really used it before so it’s gonna take some getting used to.

poolee
    Participant

Hi Gavin

Minor annoying bug with presets…

Once a preset is set, great. Move manually to a different view, then use your preset, view changes to the preset – all good so far. However, if the right mouse button or mouse wheel is used, changes to the the view are done from the last manual location, not the from preset’s location…

Hope that makes sense… anyway, give it a try, and you will see… 🙂

Cheers
    Poolee

poolee
    Participant

‘Tis me again

Ok, another annoyance… 3 power after getting butt-kicked, buys 700 worth of power, uses about 650 worth, fires but still not close enough, maybe another 20 or so power required. Next shot, hey, where’s the 50 or so unused power I had bought gone? Nooooooooo…..!!!!

What if I had bought 900 power and only used 200? Please let it be back to what 37.2 had – afterall, that was hard-earned cash on the grimey and dangerous battlefield!

Cheers
    Poolee

hobbesme
    Participant

@poolee wrote:

3 power after getting butt-kicked, buys 700 worth of power, uses about 650 worth, fires but still not close enough, maybe another 20 or so power required. Next shot, hey, where’s the 50 or so unused power I had bought gone? Nooooooooo…..!!!! What if I had bought 900 power and only used 200?

What the crap are you talking about?!

What do you mean by “buys ??? worth of power”, “uses ??? worth”, “where’s the ???? of unused power”?

Are you talking about battery usage or what?

Maybe I have NO IDEA what you’re talking about because I haven’t seen the new version. But I was dumbstruck! No offense. 🙂

poolee
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

@poolee wrote:

3 power after getting butt-kicked, buys 700 worth of power, uses about 650 worth, fires but still not close enough, maybe another 20 or so power required. Next shot, hey, where’s the 50 or so unused power I had bought gone? Nooooooooo…..!!!! What if I had bought 900 power and only used 200?

What the crap are you talking about?!

What do you mean by “buys ??? worth of power”, “uses ??? worth”, “where’s the ???? of unused power”?

Are you talking about battery usage or what?

Maybe I have NO IDEA what you’re talking about because I haven’t seen the new version. But I was dumbstruck! No offense. 🙂

Hey, I wrote that at like 4am our time, as I had been rudely woken by a party – ON A WEDNESDAY NIGHT!!! AT 2AM!!

Ok, I have 10 batteries. I use 7 of them, but only adjust to 650 power, so 50 power unused as yet.

Next shot, I go to use the unused 50 power from the 7 batteries used previously, only to find that the 50 power has been removed – ie I can’t increase my power above its current value…

Hopefully that makes more sense… no guarantees though 😉

Poolee

Deathstryker
    Participant

I have found a couple more issues to complain about.

Firstly, I think that Snow, Storm, and Meteor map levels should be in the list of maps (kinda like how the caverns is listed) so they can be enabled/disabled as disabling the land type they use will not disable them.

Secondly, whenever I only have the “oldstyle” map enabled I still get the maptype with the black looking mountains and lava. I think it’s either the “ridge” or “valley” map.

hobbesme
    Participant

@poolee wrote:

Ok, I have 10 batteries. I use 7 of them, but only adjust to 650 power, so 50 power unused as yet.

Next shot, I go to use the unused 50 power from the 7 batteries used previously, only to find that the 50 power has been removed – ie I can’t increase my power above its current value…

OK, that’s what I thought you meant.

I agree with you — definitely a bug &/or game defect :

1. A tank uses some or all its power for firing.
    2. A tank is never required to use all its power to fire a shot.
    3. Unused tank power in any shot(s) does not reduce useable power for future shots.
    4. Batteries restore tank power.
    5. Unused power from used batteries also should not reduce useable power for future shots.

If your report is accurate, this behavior is definitely different than V37 & unreasonable.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Found something else. For some reason when you are playing on the Meteor map and use the shot cam, the camera will turn away from the tank shot before it hits and move to the meteors. I don’t mind it moving to the meteors but it should wait until the tank shot hits before doing so.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.