This topic contains 40 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 12 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Panther30
    Participant

I uninstalled Scorched3d version 37.2 before installing version 38 on my windows 2000 Pro (sp4) machine. the game installed and then I clicked on scorched.exe and got the following error:

The procedure entry point IsWow64Process could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

and that is all that happened. The game didn’t get any farther than that.

EDIT: I tried it on another computer —which is also running windows 2000 pro—- and I got the same error.
    First Machin Specs: AMD Athlon 2400+, 512 MB PC2100 DDR RAM, Nvidia Geforce4 128MB video

Second Machine Specs: Intel PIII 450, 288MB of PC100 SDRAM, Nvidia Geforce2 32Mb video

foetus66
    Participant

Confirming, I get the same error. I first uninstalled 37.2 and then isntalled the new v38 which seemed to be fine. Now, however, I can’t run the game, I get The procedure entry point IsWow64Process could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll
    One machine is a 700mhz Athlon with 256mb RAM and a Matrox G400 running Win2k Pro.
    The other is a 450mhz PIII with 128mb RAM and onboard intel video (this machine does not play the game, only serves) and running Win2k Advanced Server.

Anonymous
    Participant

Got the same error as above always with win 2000 sp4:

The procedure entry point IsWow64Process could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

in my case it’s written in italian, but the result is the same.
    My machine is:
    Athlon 64, 1GB ram, Nvidia GeForce2TI 64MB

Will try to compile the program under linux too (Slackware 10) and will let you know something more….

bye

Wowbagger
    Participant

Got an unknown widget type error”glw visible panel” and game shut down. uninstalled 37 and 38 then reinstalled 38 and runs fine.

boss
    Participant

Have compiled and tried the program under linux slack 10 (updated as “slackware current”) and works fine, but even in version 37 i have no more sound since I recompiled the kernel with version 2.6.9 while the rest of system sounds and program sounds works
    Do scorched needs some special feature other than OSS and ALSA?

machine is athlon64 3200+, 1GB ram, GeForce2ti 64MB

Crispy Critter
    Participant

Sigh… also getting the error on Win2K Pro. 🙁

Panther30
    Participant

Thanks for confirming that I am not the only one having this problem.

Crispy Critter
    Participant

Looks like anyone not running XP or Windows Server 2003 is SOL.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sysinfo/base/iswow64process.asp

Ebbe
    Participant

I’ve been playing the new version a lot, and like the new features a lot, but there are some major bugs. Here I’m especially thinking of shots that dissapear, and then the warningmessage that comes all the time. It’s mostely the mirv, rollers and hogs that dissapear, hope it will be fixed in 38,1 🙂 Else great game.

Panther30
    Participant

@ebbe wrote:

I’ve been playing the new version a lot, and like the new features a lot, but there are some major bugs. Here I’m especially thinking of shots that dissapear, and then the warningmessage that comes all the time. It’s mostely the mirv, rollers and hogs that dissapear, hope it will be fixed in 38,1 🙂 Else great game.

I noticed that too. but It doesn’t seem to be happening on the APOC servers. However, I could be wrong.

Ebonite
    Participant

and if you kill someone with a weapon that disappears, you don’t get credit for the kill

Bobirov
    Participant

Some of the reports of weapons disappearing could be the fact that weapons which break up at the apex of their flight (mirvs, death heads) will now dud completely if they collide with anything before they reach the height of their arc.

@TODO and DONE wrote:

Fixed: Apex collision weapons explode on contact with ground before apex

That part, at least, was an intentional change. Just wondering if that is some of what is being talked about. I haven’t seen anything other than that, but I have been playing on apoc only so I don’t know. I just thought I would mention it.

I have seen some cases where rollers that were pinned against steep slopes rocketed into the air for unkown reasons though. And I have also heard of people saying that fuel will sometimes snap you back to your starting point. Maybe if the person is hit while moving? I haven’t seen that personally yet.

Apollo Tangent
    Participant
    Bobirov wrote:
    Some of the reports of weapons disappearing could be the fact that weapons which break up at the apex of their flight (mirvs, death heads) will now dud completely if they collide with anything before they reach the height of their arc.

I’ve seen Death’s Heads dud out after colliding with a snowflake a few times now. 😥 So maybe the high ordinance weapons shouldn’t be used in inclement weather maps. (It’s a learning curve I guess).

The dud out feature would be great if a weapon were developed to defend oneself. ie: a weapon with limited range but multi projectiles that would shred a warhead coming in… or a spreading net type weapon that would catch an incoming one and the throw it off course.

I think it’s a neat idea, but is it possible?

Kind regards and I’d like to thank everyone for their hard work!

Apollo

Ebbe
    Participant

The rollers dissapear often, even after you see them rolling around, then no explotion, and no energyloss. Hogs ofthe dissapear on inpact too, and that is definitely not a spread weapon 😉 I’ve had mirvs the spread in air and then dissapear in air???? didnt know the thing about death heads though. I’ve had two of those dissapear because I shot them with 1000 towards someone, then it just dissapeared. Think if that is a feature that it should be removed 🙂 – does it all have something with the time ajustment feature to do?? Seems like that error comes more or less everytime a shot dissapears, well also more times than that??

imported_gcamp
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.