This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 10 years, 1 month ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #5755

    Thrax
    Participant

    Played a long while on several mods the last few days, came across
    several re-occuring effects related to player-death managing.

    theres a few different types, so anyone else having seen it can Chime in to validate my claims.

    – Un-Dead and kicking. Bots or players destroyed totally; but upon next
    turn, reappear with a few hp left to carry on fighting.

    – Un-Dead and in Limbo. player is killed; but on next turn, aiming HUD
    reappears.. totally blank (no weapons, powers, or health showing).

    – No death, but no pulse. Player damaged to almost dead(context-help says some hp left),
    no death-record posted.. But next shot lists you dead on the score-board and yer out of the field.

    – Lets do the Hop. Player is alive and still strong, but caused to Fall.
    Next shot, they Jump back up to the pre-fall location(Mid-Air) and continue
    to play happily, tail flapping in the breeze. Done multiple times as damage
    make’s them fall again.. and again they are raised to the air.

    Any others seen that fit the catagory, feel free to add.

    #44126

    Nimblor
    Participant

    -Lets do the hop
    I have experienced the “lets do the hop” variety of undead behavior. It is frustrating because if you target them in the air the shot goes through where they were and they are still alive (baby missile at pretty close range 1000 power).

    -undead and kicking
    I got killed today by a bot that I killed the previous turn. Pretty annoying.

    -undead and in limbo
    I just assumed that this was some kind of lag or network problem on my end.

    Another death problem seems to be the vanishing bot. Bot hit hard and near death but disappears next turn. It didn’t resign and I didn’t pay attention to see if I got credit for the kill or not.

    And of course the problems with my frequent demise, which I blame on Skill equity.

    #44127

    Nimblor
    Participant

    I finally got a chance to BE undead! It was not fun. I could not move. Time ran out and a bot killed me. Here is a picture of what it looks like.

    #44128

    Thrax
    Participant

    @nimblor wrote:

    I finally got a chance to BE undead! It was not fun.
    I could not move. Time ran out and a bot killed me. Here is a picture
    of what it looks like.

    it is extremely annoying.
    and the worse part, is that you were still in play.. had you simply
    pressed O for Skip, your Hud would have returned next shot with
    all stats and weapons intact.

    that is how the bots return to life to shoot you back.

    the flip-side effect is as bad. seeing the target still has half his hp
    left after you shoot him, then he vanishes without a trace next shot..
    not rewarding you with the kill point.

    #44129

    Thrax
    Participant

    Someone marked this thread as fixed, but the Undead effects are still happening.

    These effects are not related to the other threads; floating buildings, or missing weapons.

    They are a glitch in the registering of a damaged or dead player,whether
    too little, or too much.
    There are either no logs recorded to verify a kill, or we get uber-rewards
    for killing the same bot 3-4 times in the same round(without 4 lives…).

    I’ve been getting several PM’s about the effects in my servers, even after stepping up to Beta-3.

    #44130

    Nimblor
    Participant

    Here s a photo of me getting a shot off from mid air. This is after being resurrected. Also the console from a different round after being killed twice.

    #44131

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    @thrax wrote:

    Someone marked this thread as fixed, but the Undead effects are still happening.

    These effects are not related to the other threads; floating buildings, or missing weapons.

    They are a glitch in the registering of a damaged or dead player,whether
    too little, or too much.
    There are either no logs recorded to verify a kill, or we get uber-rewards
    for killing the same bot 3-4 times in the same round(without 4 lives…).

    I’ve been getting several PM’s about the effects in my servers, even after stepping up to Beta-3.

    K, thanks thrax.

    Guess I was over active in marking the bug fixed (wishful thinking perhaps). Have you managed to do a sync check after this happening to see what it says?

    Also what mods is this seen on (or is it all mods)?

    #44132

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    @nimblor wrote:

    Here s a photo of me getting a shot off from mid air. This is after being resurrected. Also the console from a different round after being killed twice.

    Do you always come back with full life?

    #44133

    Thrax
    Participant

    @gcamp wrote:

    K, thanks thrax.

    Guess I was over active in marking the bug fixed (wishful thinking
    perhaps). Have you managed to do a sync check after this happening
    to see what it says?

    Also what mods is this seen on (or is it all mods)?

    Nimblor was in the default mod with those screen-shots.

    as for syncs, i’ll have to review how again. But i’ll guess that the
    server knows that they die(kill recorded) and deliberately resurrects
    them to be killed again. it’s not a matter of the server and client not talking.

    except for looking up Events on the stats-pages, theres no way to
    tell when a player is killed or not from the server-logs or the web-console.

    #44134

    Nimblor
    Participant

    So I just ‘finished’ a game on a no mod server. Round 1 is fine, it always is to my recollection. Round 2, I get killed by a digger and die because I forget my chutes. Then the Ghost HUD comes up and I get excited. After I wait out the clock the bot hits me with another digger and my tank falls out of the sky from who knows where with full health, and dies again. Round 3 is fine. Round 4 my tank disappears and the round ends prematurely with me having about 5-10 life left (and plenty of batteries). Everything is cool until Round 11 where I die quick and bots kill eachother, one funkies as it dies and the game locks up. scorchedc.exe has encountered a problem… 🙁

    I keep my computer busy but crashes are very rare with most programs.

    I hope this helps someone…

    #44135

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    Thanks Nimblor,

    Couple more questions:-

    anyone disconnecting/connecting during the rounds?
    how frequently can you get this to occur?

    #44136

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    @thrax wrote:

    as for syncs, i’ll have to review how again. But i’ll guess that the
    server knows that they die(kill recorded) and deliberately resurrects
    them to be killed again. it’s not a matter of the server and client not talking.

    The syncing is not to do with the client and server “talking” but to do with the client and server simulations getting out of sync. During the simulation the server and client do not talk at all. So for e.g. the server thinks the tank is alive and the client thinks they are dead.

    #44137

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    Just tried playing a couple of games without any issues, any help on what makes these rounds different would be a help.

    What server were you on?

    #44138

    Nimblor
    Participant

    I was on “Scorched 3D v41 Beta” server. The only other two servers that support the BETA3 for me are a “Blame Canada!…” and “Scorched 3D(Tournament Server)”

    I think I am going to play a round on each today and post what happens. I have a lot of work to do today though.
    😉

    #44139

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    @nimblor wrote:

    I was on “Scorched 3D v41 Beta” server. The only other two servers that support the BETA3 for me are a “Blame Canada!…” and “Scorched 3D(Tournament Server)”

    I think I am going to play a round on each today and post what happens. I have a lot of work to do today though.
    😉

    Thanks m8, I’ll try myself later on and see if I can get it to happen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.