This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 10 years ago.

• Author

HighTower
    Participant

All examples via google etc show ‘‘ at ‘3’ and s3d’s wiki does not specify the valid ranges.

What is the range of values for this tag, used in the texture xml file?

Hightower

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Hightower:
    Beats me but I’d like to know this myslef. Please let us know how it goes. There are far too many posts like this that never give a follow up which results in numerous posts on the same subject.

I must go destroy the world now. Krieg ohne Hass

Sincerely,

Generalfeldmarschall Erwin J. E. Rommel

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Strangely enough its 0 to 15 I think. Based on the width of clearsky.bmp. The x coord is the time of day, the y coord the height on the horizon, the resulting color at the x/y position is used for the sky color.

jdog
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Strangely enough its 0 to 15 I think. Based on the width of clearsky.bmp.

That is strange.

@gcamp wrote:

The x coord is the time of day, the y coord the height on the horizon, the resulting color at the x/y position is used for the sky color.

It is?

HighTower
    Participant

Well, in reality it should be 0 to 23 since it is about the sun and it would make it a lot easier to set it to the correct ‘time of day’ . 0 to 15 means an accuracy of 1.5 hours per pixel, 0 to 23 is accurate to 1 hour per pixel. A higher resolution would be appreciated.

A 5 minute resolution would be a bmp @ 276px^2. Incidentally that is a vertical angular accuracy of 0.326086957 degrees per pixel.

Good to know that it is 0 to 15, that gives me a metric to start from. Thank you.

~~~~

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Don’t blame me it was a sky color map I took from some white paper on realistic sky color rendering. 🙂

HighTower
    Participant

Hehe, hacks are the sum of hacks. 🙂

Well, as a feature request, expand it to accept tiles with the (n*16)^2 rule.

S3D rocks!

The AI
    Participant

heh, now that I know this.

Onward, upward and in a generally northwestern direction! (the button to my maps folder)

jdog
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Don’t blame me it was a sky color map I took from some white paper on realistic sky color rendering. 🙂

I’ve always wondered why it was so hard to get some things with the sky coloring to work right. now I know.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.