This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Concerning the shot speed, are the trails and camera views not enough for people to see where they land?

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Looks just fine to me.

naka
    Participant

‘not enough’
    In some situations and difficult shoots it wasn’t enough even in v42.
    Thats why i shoot tracers- 1st shoot trace – 2nd,3rd kill.
    I dont use cams and have not opinion on that.

Thrax
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Concerning the shot speed, are the trails and camera views not enough for people to see where they land?

Everything works great from my point of view.

Trails depend on the Weapon, the players detail settings, and camera angle.
    Besides a hand-full of shots, you don’t have much managing of that aspect.
    The player just has to choose well on thier own.

As for Cams, the free-cam can catch any aspect and angle. If they choose
    to pick one chase-cam, it’s of course going to miss anything but thier own
    smoke-trail.. If someone says they don’t know where thier shot went, they
    just need more practice on swinging the camera the right direction.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ok, so what do we need to do to make it more obvious (if anything).
    Perhaps all shots could leave spots like tracers, or perhaps smoke tracers could be activated for all weapons.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

smoke tracers could be activated for all weapons.

Oh my that would get quite annoying… especially on a machine gun.

Shots already leave a deform point… just look for that..

Better yet i have a solution! Seeing as how the shooting system is not fair to all players, i belive shots should leave a large flag that reads, YOU SHOT HERE!

I am kidding of course … i dont find it any harder to see where your shots landed.

Kanga

naka
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Perhaps all shots could leave spots like tracers, or perhaps smoke tracers could be activated for all weapons.

No no tracer is tracer. It gives you great advantage, but you missed a shoot – thats the price you have to pay for shooting tracer. All weapons heaving treacers or a spot will be annoying.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I did find it harder to keep track of my shots on the newer version, but I found it an additional challenge to the game rather than an annoyance to put me off.

I imagine it’ll be most noticeable when trying to slide a shot down the side of a mountain to catch someone where you always need 1 degree less than you can really get away with. You have to pay such close attention to how close you are to the landscape that it’ll be a major challenge, but a challenge we’ll all have to deal at some point.

Chopper
    Participant

I can usually tell where a hammer goes… :mrgreen:

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Summary at end if you don’t wanna read all my BS.

OK, now I’ve actually played properly (against chopper and a ‘new’ Apollo, although he’s a damn good shot, wouldn’t suprise me if it’s the old Apollo returning).

The flight time is a real issue IMO for the lack of chat time and planning the next target. I don’t REALLY find it a problem seeing the flight and all that of my own, but I always used to see other peoples shots, which helped me judge who would be left in 1-2 shots, so I knew who to target next etc….
    This leads to …. aim time:

Now, I’m a pretty quick typer and aimer (vs the average, although people like POM put me to shame), but I timed out on a few shots because of typring brief sentances which didn’t leave enough time to plan the shot, aim, activate chutes/bubbles whatever and actually get the shot off, this is a MAJOR issue IMO as this game was never REALLY a game to the main community, it was just a place people gathered to chat, drink and insult eachother. When not part of the convo or not really bothered about it, you could get to killing folk as a secondary thought.
    I think that’s gotta be one of the main reasons people are avoiding the servers, it’s just not fun. May aswell play against bots, because it doesn’t matter what’s being said, you don’t have time to read it and respond anyway.

It seems the roller timeout from opening – exploding’s been shortened, this takes away from them actually being rollers (v42 anyone.. with the stickyness), I MIGHT be imagining it due to my absence recently, but I think not… needs a couple of seconds or so adding to their timeout.

Fuel is FAR too cheap, the amount of times people were moving in those 2 games was silly, I believe part of the point of these changes was to attract/keep newbs, but if a newb has taken 5-6 shots to find the target only for it to then move, turn and kill them, they’re gonna be annoyed real quick and leave.

The teleport price is too low aswell I think for similar reasons as I say with fuel. Yes it’s nice to have them to get out from under a dirt pile, but dirt, as I’ve said for years now, should be ALOT pricier!!!!

Funkies seem to have been made even more useless, I’d prefer them to be 40.1 spec (or v42 /41 hybrid) and higher priced than cheap and useless!

Also, seeing tanks when buying, I know it’s coming in next release, but thought I’d point out that’s a good change too, which is a shame, because I like the idea behind the change, it just doesn’t quite work in practice.

A move should be able to be completed when the timer runs out for the round, it’s unfair that a defender can sit and let it tick away, even if the attacker’s got the shot confirmed within time limits.

Lastly, I think I should have an aimbot, because some of my shots were TERRIBLE!

To summerise:

Flight time back to normal.
    Shot timer extended again (with delayed defense on so people don’t wait till the last second before activating and firing).
    Extend Roller timeout before explosion.
    Increase fuel and teleport price
    Increase Dirt prices ALOT
    Improve funky targeting (perhaps narrow the area of effect) and increase price
    Agree with the change to show tanks while buying
    Allow a ‘move’ to be completed when the round timer’s expired.
    Give peanut an aimbot!

EDIT and P.S
    Get Rommel out of the admin group, it should be people that understand and play by the rules of ‘sportsmanship’ not ‘gamesmanship’. YAY for PoM being admin.

Chopper
    Participant

You were doing a good job fueling around while I was blasting away (and missing) #-o

Good points….can’t figure out why my frame rate was choking down to 4’s…I think I was getting backdoored from an ip address in England.

We three played two full games and it took about 2 hours I think.

I don’t think anyone else showed…. Kangas in my stoli fuzz somewhere..or was that Thrax’s asylum? 😆

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Yessir Chop, i was indeed there :p

I personally have no problems with the new speed and whatnot, i type pretty fast.. the only thing i see that would need some tweaking is the initial shot time, you need a little extra time to get your bearings,bubbles, and hullos and what not. Perhaps the first shot of every round has a 45 sec timer?

each player is different though, so it can be hard to gauge their shot times… afterall most people are playing er…stolied.. hehe 😉

Just thinking out loud, i tried the turnfree awhile back and found it rather enjoyable, but all that was playing with bots. 🙁

Great work!

Kanga

ArmorWraith
    Participant

fbomblet

bomb/bomb.txt

down
    explosions/small.wav
    exp02

down
    explosions/medium.wav
    exp02

down
    explosions/large.wav
    exp02

down
    explosions/large.wav
    exp02

Funky Bomb
    A projectile weapon that on
    exploding releases many small
    bombs that are lauched toward
    any nearby tanks.
    fbomb.bmp
    shoot/large.wav
    icbm/icbm.txt

icbm/icbm.txt

down
    explosions/large.wav
    exp02

RANGE(0.4,3)

RANGE(40,42)

RANGE(0.8,1.1)

fbomblet

ArmorWraith
    Participant

The above is a code for a hybrid funky bomb, youll find it has the same amount of damage capacity as the funkybomb, while keeping the “cluster delay” from v42 and up. I think this will fix alot of funky gripes, and shouldnt lag anyone.. as the original funky did..Aiming 12 funkys simultaneously is hard on some peoples rigs (which is why i believe Gavin added a delay to it).

Cheers!
    Kanga 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.