This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Viking62
    Participant

Your Game performance/glitches per individual: #1
    Your Likes & dislikes concerning this server: #2
    Your wants & needs to make this server more enjoyable for you(Ideas): #3

*Please try to compile your answers into 1 post*

~See example here~From Beginner Server
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6144

I will post/edit here when I get information/play on the “main” Server.

Hyde911
    Participant

I’ve said before. Tanks should be visible during shopping.

naka
    Participant

@hyde911 wrote:

Tanks should be visible during shopping.

This is a major issue. The 2-nd one is the new default speed of the weapons. Higher speed prevent seeing your missile trajectory and prevent seeing how they hit the ground and how they are passing near your target. This makes Aiming useless. But Scorched is all about aiming. The game now is not scorched – it is only shooting.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@naka wrote:

The game now is not scorched – it is only shooting.

Heh we just played Gavin in main, I had to aim. 🙂

The Projectile speed could be abit slower though, i do like to watch my projectiles soar towards the target. But i guess the new speed really makes the game go by faster :D.

Im fine with not seeing the tanks, makes me aim abit more. 😀
    (naka: Gavin is considering making the tanks visilbe during buying, as an option, he will probably set up 2 servers, one like v42, and a new v43 one.)

Kanga

BOY
    Participant

Long shots accross the map don’t take forever now. I always hated waiting around for two people left to shoot at each other from behind two hills… bleh.

love the new game speed!

Chopper
    Participant

Hell I DRINK on those long shots… :mrgreen:

naka
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

Hell I DRINK on those long shots… :mrgreen:

That’s a very powerful tactic for such players. 😈 Slow down your moves allowing them enough time to drink. Then defeating them is a peace of cake.

An another tactic has gone. 🙁

Loke
    Participant

I have to concur, tanks should be visible when buying and shoots are too fast.

Loke

Thrax
    Participant

@loke wrote:

I have to concur, tanks should be visible when buying and shoots are too fast.

Loke

Shots can be slowed down, i already explained to several people how it
    could be set. whether they listened or not. It’s made faster by default
    only to speed up the game-play and keep players frome leaving bored.

As for Tanks while buying. Go ahead and try. Just don’t be upset
    when the battle-field hazzards kill you before you are even done
    aiming your first shot. We already explained why this was done
    as well. The Environment does not wait, it is still active and
    performing effects from the moment the map appears.
    I think the Default mod is the only one that doesn’t have hazzards yet.

naka
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

Shots can be slowed down, i already explained to several people how it
    could be set. whether they listened or not. It’s made faster by default
    only to speed up the game-play and keep players frome leaving bored.

I criticize the new default value!

About boring. Youngsters always get bored. They cant keep their attention more then 10 min on any game. On many commercial (and graphics rich games) they jump from one game to another.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Hi naka
    Im 18, been here for almost 4 years. 😀

KAnga

pianoplayer88key
    Participant

I also definitely think the tanks should be visible while buying. Virtually 100% of the time what I buy depends on where other tanks are placed.
    Also last time I played in main (when gcamp was on) I had difficulty seeing my shots in flight.

Another thing (although this isn’t applicable to main) …. with the shot camera in the TurnFree mode of play (if I named it correctly – it’s the one where you don’t have to wait till everyone’s shot to shoot again), if you fire a second missile right after you fire your first (before the first hits something) the shot camera pops back to following the most recently fired missile, making it impossible to trace where your shots are heading while shooting streams of missiles. (At normal game speed when I temporarily set up a local game I can have 10 or more missiles in the air simultaneously.) Is there any way around this, so the shot camera will work as in V42 when multiple of your own missiles are being fired consecutively?
    If you want to see what I mean, start a local game, set it to TurnFree mode, set either your main or secondary camera to camera 4, make the bot a target (so you don’t die immediately), select the baby missle and when it’s time to start shooting, start spamming the space bar… and you’ll see what I mean.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Another thing (although this isn’t applicable to main) …. with the shot camera in the TurnFree mode of play (if I named it correctly – it’s the one where you don’t have to wait till everyone’s shot to shoot again), if you fire a second missile right after you fire your first (before the first hits something) the shot camera pops back to following the most recently fired missile, making it impossible to trace where your shots are heading while shooting streams of missiles. (At normal game speed when I temporarily set up a local game I can have 10 or more missiles in the air simultaneously.) Is there any way around this, so the shot camera will work as in V42 when multiple of your own missiles are being fired consecutively?
    If you want to see what I mean, start a local game, set it to TurnFree mode, set either your main or secondary camera to camera 4, make the bot a target (so you don’t die immediately), select the baby missle and when it’s time to start shooting, start spamming the space bar… and you’ll see what I mean.

This has been change/fixed in version 43.1b and later.

BOY
    Participant

ultimately I’ll always love being able to see tanks while buying. Makes things much more fun to plan out what I want to do.

Game speed being slow is always boring for those watching, fun for those still shooting. Drinking is one thing, but if you have no beer no long shot is fun 😛

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@hyde911 wrote:

I’ve said before. Tanks should be visible during shopping.

just to let people know this has been “fixed” in the development version.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.