This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  yusuf 9 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

naka
    Participant

i was able to compile it with gcc 4.0.2 on FC4. 😀
    tbut when i start, it failed to set graphics

i am on ati/fglrx driver /24 bit color

[naka@sabi bin]$ ./scorched3d

(scorched3d:6783): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_range_set_range: assertion `min < max' failed

(scorched3d:6783): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_range_set_range: assertion `min < max' failed

[naka@sabi bin]$ ./scorched3dc
    Display : ERROR: Failed to set video mode.
    Error Message: Invalid bits per pixel (range is {8...32})
    Requested Display Mode:-
    Driver=x11
    Resolution=800x600x2 (fullscreen)
    DepthBuffer=1
    DoubleBuffer=Off
    ColorComponentSize=0

Scorched 3D Display : ERROR: Failed to set the display mode.
    Ensure that no other application is exclusively using the graphics hardware...
    Ensure that the current desktop mode has at least 24 bits colour depth.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Resolution=800x600x2 (fullscreen)

Its trying to use 2 bit color, change this to 24 bit.

Rommel
    Participant

Dear Yusuf and Laptop:

As per your request, this link should help you to understand how Scorched 3D uses Bump Maps. In an effort not to add to your confusion, I have presented the most simple proof I could locate.

Best wishes,

Rommel

yusuf
    Participant

dear rommel,

the definition of the bump map that u have provided stands out to be the exact of what me and lap top cat were trying to feed into the information acquiring part of ur brain .. since u have ears that dont pay heed to any such information that u believe in resisting, u did not fully understand or perhaps assumed what we said.

If u can , by any chance, provide me with any such areas where scorched 3d uses bump map, i can take it as a correction of my observation, nothing more nothing less. There is a difference-and i believe u know it very well- between knowing something, observing something, and doing something. Sadly ur way of doing things only focuses on knowing something alone and not the other aspects, which leads to an aggressive behavior that u posed while trying to argue with me and laptops daddy. Also, u were reluctant to provide us with the evidence of the subject while trying to impose ur knowledge by assuming that neither me nor lap top daddy knew the definition of a bump map.(not sure what u were trying to prove)

I hope u understand the content i posted through the limitations of my English assuming its my second language. (Try google “hindi” to know what its like- or maybe u know more about hindi than me?)

regards

Rommel
    Participant

Before you edited this post I read it.@yusuf wrote:

dear rommel,

the definition of the bump map that u have provided stands out to be the exact of what me and lap top cat were trying to feed into the information acquiring part of ur brain .. since u have ears that dont pay heed to any such information that u believe in resisting, u did not fully understand or perhaps assumed what we said.

If u can , by any chance, provide me with any such areas where scorched 3d uses bump map, i can take it as a correction of my observation, nothing more nothing less. There is a difference-and i believe u know it very well- between knowing something, observing something, and doing something. Sadly ur way of doing things only focuses on knowing something alone and not the other aspects, which leads to an aggressive behavior that u posed while trying to argue with me and laptops daddy. Also, u were reluctant to provide us with the evidence of the subject while trying to impose ur knowledge by assuming that neither me nor lap top daddy knew the definition of a bump map.(not sure what u were trying to prove)

I hope u understand the content i posted through the limitations of my English assuming its my second language. (Try google “hindi” to know what its like- or maybe u know more about hindi than me?)

regards

Seeing your offer to leave the game if I proved I was right, I am forced, as a matter of conscience, to leave any further proof, as if more is required, to someone else.

yusuf
    Participant

Roll ON FLOOR AND LAUGHING MY ASS OUT !

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Dear Yusuf and Laptop:

As per your request, this link should help you to understand how Scorched 3D uses Bump Maps. In an effort not to add to your confusion, I have presented the most simple proof I could locate.

Best wishes,

Rommel

hijacking my thread now!? you cant be serious!

really, im reluctant to entertain this. ill confess im not the worlds authority when it comes to 3d modeling, but arguing here is really…

k, in fact, im not gonna. i had an analogy involving ‘oranges’ and english teachers…

(probably wasnt appropriate anyway : )

@yusuf wrote:

…the definition of the bump map that u have provided stands out to be the exact of what me and lap top were trying to feed into the information acquiring part of ur brain…

no it doesnt!

rommel, i assumed at the time you were referring to scorched height-maps. s’why i didnt bother arguing with you.

are you a greengrocer? are you?!

bump maps are a means of providing the appearance of altered geometry without actually changing the form of the model/structure the maps applied to.

you can probably see how thats different.

now quit it!

ps:
    please put it in the ‘off topic’ section next time

yusuf
    Participant

did i forget to mention the material level? bah, i thought i read the same thing ,, anyway ..

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.