This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 10 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

TORA
    Participant

I have downloaded the patch for upgrade my scorched to the 41 vers and now…..
    I need 15 minutes for load every map
    Before,with vers 40.1,less then 10 seconds……now,with the same settings,15 minutes?!?
    Look:
    terraform landscape =15 seconds
    scaling phase 1 =1 minutes 30 seconds
    scaling phase 2 =1m 30s
    smoothing =1m 30s
    populating landscape =5m 30s
    landscape map =1m 30s
    light map =1m 30s
    waves =30s
    patch grid =1m 30s

total= more then 15 minutes for load this???

like u can see i play with all i can disabled,cuz my graphic card is very old,but in vers 40.1 the game was ok and the loading time was ridicolous ,less then 10 seconds.
    What happened now?

Irishbandit
    Participant

could you post a screen shot of your speed and troubleshooting settings?

TORA
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

could you post a screen shot of your speed and troubleshooting settings?

Irishbandit
    Participant

Uncheck ‘NO GL EXTENSIONS’ AND ‘NO VBO’
    see if that helps
    could you post your system specifications as well?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

What’s your FPS when the game is running?

The AI
    Participant

Also, chop your max fps a bit, a normal eye tracks around 32 (not the 60 of your monitors refresh rate) and movies run at 29-30. A fly tracks 115 and some of the best human sight is 40 (just enough to see the frame dividers in movies). With all of that, straining your pc with trying for 250 is pointless, I gained 10 fps by dropping it into a normal range.

If that doesn’t work, getting a pc better than what you sound to have shouldn’t be too expensive, better if you build it your self.

Or you could play pong; its making a come back these days.

The Mighty Muha
    Participant

@The AI wrote:

Also, chop your max fps a bit, a normal eye tracks around 32 (not the 60 of your monitors refresh rate) and movies run at 29-30. A fly tracks 115 and some of the best human sight is 40 (just enough to see the frame dividers in movies). With all of that, straining your pc with trying for 250 is pointless, I gained 10 fps by dropping it into a normal range.

That’s a common misunderstanding. Most humans can watch a 30 fps movie without noticing any stuttering because the frames in a movie are somewhat blurred when movement occurs. In a typical computer game, the frames are all crispy clear and therefore at the same 30 fps one easily notices the stuttering occurring.

TORA
    Participant

I hope someone can explain me why this happen
    If the new map is loading with the game in screen (like in the picture)

the loading process take 15 minutes (i try to chek and unchek in the settings menu but nothing change,always 15 minutes)
    but
    if i reduce the scorched screen to icon,when the loading process is just started (like picture)

the new map load in less then 10 seconds (like was in vers 40.1)
    any help?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Looks like you system is not very good at doing full screen textures.
    How long does the initial menu screen landscape take to load?

The AI
    Participant

It depends on the game, some, like oblivion, run smooth even at 18, others are choppy and stutter at 25, it depends on how it is made, also, some games are not crisp, and some eyes not strong, also, some times you need to live with it. Some complain if their fps drops below sixty on their windows 98 brick, so unless you are moth man or have multiple polarised lenses within your eyes, 30 should be good. The change was noticeable by me.

TORA
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Looks like you system is not very good at doing full screen textures.
    How long does the initial menu screen landscape take to load?

if u mean this

about 13 seconds

(for information,normally my fps in game is from 10 to 20,totally playable)

lljustice2002
    Participant

I have the same problem 🙁

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Can someone with the problem please try this fix. Unzip over the existing scorchedc.exe file.

TORA
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Can someone with the problem please try this fix. Unzip over the existing scorchedc.exe file.

YES!
    Now i try to play a full game but the 1st map loaded very fast,like was in 40.1 vers.Many thx Gcamp.
    I hope it work 4 lljustice to.

TORA
    Participant

Well,i tried to play many times,in fullscreen and in windowed mode to and the loading time is now always ok with the patch.
    But i have some new problems;
    for 1st,the most ridicolous :when the game is loading a map(only during the loading) now there are some white lines in the screen

this happen in fullscreen and in windowed mode to.

the 2nd problems is more important: in fullscreen is impossible quit the game(the game,not the screen with the menu).If i press ‘quit’ in the ‘exit game’ menu or ‘Ctrl-Esc’ , all freeze and the only solution is shut down the PC.I tried to quit the game many times,was always the same,no way.This happen only in fullscreen mode ,in windowed i can quit without any problems.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.