This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Thrax 10 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Wowbagger
    Participant

First A BIG thank you to gavin dor the release of v41. 😀

now for a few problems im having. 🙁 . when I put a shortcut on my desktop it will not open and tells me the application has failed, but when I open it from within the scorched folder it works fine. 2: I can get on apoc and test server but so far a cannot get on the official server or the begiiner server :(. and finally Is there a link to the scorched home page from the startup page or can i just not find it ❓

Thanks

The AI
    Participant

stock is up right now, and rob the slob is playing alone, give him some company.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@wowbagger wrote:

🙁 . when I put a shortcut on my desktop it will not open and tells me the application has failed,

You need to change the shortcut to have the working folder to be the scorched folder. Or copy the shortcut from the start menu (asuming it works).

2: I can get on apoc and test server but so far a cannot get on the official server or the begiiner server :(.

My fault forgot to open the firewall ports.

and finally Is there a link to the scorched home page from the startup page or can i just not find it ❓

Good point, no link. I should make the logo a button.

Deathbal
    Participant

The one problem i’m having is with the click and spin. It sometimes gets stuck, doesn’t move, or moves only slightly if i click on a certain area of the map. When it usually would move the entire map away. In other words, all clicks don’t always have an effect.

The Mighty Muha
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

The one problem i’m having is with the click and spin. It sometimes gets stuck, doesn’t move, or moves only slightly if i click on a certain area of the map. When it usually would move the entire map away. In other words, all clicks don’t always have an effect.

Might have to do with the ability to grab the map itself and move it around that way. If you click and even slightly move the mouse, it will grab the landscape instead of going to wherever you clicked. Perhaps the landscape grabbing feature should include a dead zone for mouse movement where no grabbing occurs.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I think the dead zone is 2 pixels in width.
    It may also be due to the transparent logging area at the bottom of the screen. I don’t think that will move the landscape now.

Wowbagger
    Participant

Another observation. I dont like the fact that on the list of servers you cant click a server and see whos playing. Sometimes I like to see whos in the pool before I jump in. 😀 😀 😀

CaraVan
    Participant

In the previous version, we had the option to disable boids. That gave my low-end machine a decent boost in fps. Is this feature now not possible? I’m using lowest possible graphics settings, and just a little more fps would make a good bit of difference. This would also apply to being able to turn off the ship models… didn’t see anything in the display.xml like 40.1 or on the settings interface

imported_gcamp
    Participant

You can see whos playing by hovering over the x/y players text.

You cannot now disable boids or ships because they can be destroyed (and even fire) so may change the way the game plays.

Thrax
    Participant

@wowbagger wrote:

Another observation. I dont like the fact that on the
    list of servers you cant click a server and see whos playing. Sometimes I
    like to see whos in the pool before I jump in. 😀 😀 😀

Gavin was clever and sneaky.

Make sure your popups / context-help is on.
    Open the client and view the server list.
    Hoover your mouse over the player-count. and
    Voila, a list of who’s in there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.