This topic contains 66 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  .–.ShoCkwaVe.–. 9 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Irishbandit
    Participant

Laptops Daddy nope they don’t move sorry that is beyond me (I have not looked at that at all).

I have not posted the updated files yet Thrax sorry.

Thrax
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

Laptops Daddy nope they don’t move sorry that is beyond me (I have not looked at that at all).

ah… well i’ll move-aside the old pack.. try sending it direct too, so i can
    keep them inserted to mod

Irishbandit
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

@irishbandit wrote:

ah… well i’ll move-aside the old pack.. try sending it direct too, so i can
    keep them inserted to mod

Sent it.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

@irishbandit wrote:

…what do you think?

very nice. do they move?

i thought of a couple of ways you could get them to i think. one way could be to advance them along a path, aimed-weapon/translate-distance/weapon-delay style (maybe 100 distance total per move as an event, in 30 distance hops).

another could be to set them as animated models. you could have the ghost object move within a model enlarged with a few single verts or faces, maybe even have the animated model substituted with a static version once the ghost’s finished moving. (you’d have to set the enlarged version as non-collisionable, and substitute it via an explosion delayed to destroy it at exactly the right moment).

An easier way would be to use the new spline movement type and just define their path as a set of points.

Irishbandit
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

@laptops Daddy wrote:

@irishbandit wrote:

…what do you think?

very nice. do they move?

i thought of a couple of ways you could get them to i think. one way could be to advance them along a path, aimed-weapon/translate-distance/weapon-delay style (maybe 100 distance total per move as an event, in 30 distance hops).

another could be to set them as animated models. you could have the ghost object move within a model enlarged with a few single verts or faces, maybe even have the animated model substituted with a static version once the ghost’s finished moving. (you’d have to set the enlarged version as non-collisionable, and substitute it via an explosion delayed to destroy it at exactly the right moment).

An easier way would be to use the new spline movement type and just define their path as a set of points.

Hmm looks like an ice storm here tomorrow i might just look into that… If i don’t loose electricity.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

it would be very cool if they moved, especially if you could make them a threat to the players.

this is pacman to me http://www.imarshall.karoo.net/munchman.htm it’s a game i had as a child; anything else doesn’t seem like pacman.

@gcamp wrote:

wow. you can do that? i guess the 41 envelope has been pushed further than i realised. it’s not so fun if you’re actually supposed to be able to do it.

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Object_Placement_Files#Spline_Movement lots of work on the wiki. maybe i’ll go read it.

@laptops Daddy wrote:

…you’d have to set the enlarged version as non-collisionable, and substitute it via an explosion delayed to destroy it at exactly the right moment

don’t listen. i think non-collisionable objects are non-collisionable (even in 41)

Irishbandit
    Participant

Hmm movements are interesting… That being said i am trying to
    make one of the phantoms chase pacman outside the map.

I tried grouping them and i could not get that to work both of the models started and moved from the same spot.

So i am trying to add both of them with there own placements and movement splines and see how that goes.

The first leg of the chase looks pretty good. Any ideas on how they should move or what they should do??

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

k but wheres the poll to vote for wich map/maker we like ?

or is there a selected judge?

point him out please so i know who to brown nose.. ty.

I *would* join in and send the deathstar map but 2 people made it
    so that cancels out that idea + all the files required would probably
    be a lil much for something like this..

so @ any rate they are all looking luvly.. hard to choose..

I guess I like irish bandits map idea best so ile go with that one.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.