This topic contains 66 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  .–.ShoCkwaVe.–. 9 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Irishbandit
    Participant

Thank-you both.

The AI
    Participant

You will have to thank a third. I like it.

cbx550f
    Participant

I got an inspiration last night after some discussions with my son….

see http://scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=41861#41861 for a first glimpse. 😉
    Too much work left to do to show too much. 😛

cbx

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Gavin:

The Wiki wouldn’t accept an edit from me when I tried to add the note about the DNS issue that was left out of the firewall set up information. This is a good thing I think. The admins and moderators would surely be overwhelmed if the Wiki was open to anyone that wanted to cause problems. 😯

I had hoped that someone would take the information that I posted in the forums and include it in the Wiki so that future server operators would have the information in a central location and not be forced to search out the forums for information. Forum information while generally good does not carry the same weight of the information contained in the Wiki and is often difficult to find using the search feature.

@gcamp wrote:

@rommel wrote:

Ok, I’ve got a question:
    @thrax wrote:

… The wiki isn’t complete but dev’s would likely know the answers. Only after we’re asked, can we know what’s missing from the Docs.

Could the developers PLEASE read over the Wiki and take the time to update the sections that need to be updated now? There, I think that should cover all the bases if the answer is yes.

Being pretty much the person the puts the functionality in (with a few exceptions) I guess I am to blame. When I get time I am also updaing the wiki. I am particularly bad for not documenting things, not my forte, sorry for that.

I would like to point out that it is a wiki though, so once people find out things and learn how to do them (not just devs) they can help out by adding this info to the wiki. Not trying to push off the responsibility, just a suggestion.

I must go destroy the world now. Krieg ohne Hass

Sincerely,

Generalfeldmarschall Erwin J. E. Rommel

cbx550f
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

I got an inspiration last night after some discussions with my son….

see http://scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=41861#41861 for a first glimpse. 😉
    Too much work left to do to show too much. 😛

cbx

Got the initial layout done… needs more work, but check the above link for an updated screenie.

cbx

Irishbandit
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Got the initial layout done… needs more work, but check the above link for an updated screenie.

cbx

😯 😯 Very very good. 🙂

Thrax
    Participant

nice so far. and, like all the players in mods usually ask..
    “Can we blow them up?” 😀

cbx550f
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

nice so far. and, like all the players in mods usually ask..
    “Can we blow them up?” 😀

Well, that’s CLEARLY a must. 😉

I haven’t quite decided what will happen then yet… maybe some rolling stones…. we’ll see. 🙂

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

nice work cbx. that first screenshot reminded me of the game black and white. bet the stones topple when u shoot them too : )

thrax,

i see your gallery mod but it won’t let me in. how do i get 2 kills if it won’t let me in? i downloaded merge (eventually), and got two kills (eventually), but – i guess i don’t get them in merge.

please advise? i’d like to see it.

Thrax
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

i see your gallery mod but it won’t let me in.
    how do i get 2 kills if it won’t let me in? i downloaded merge (eventually),
    and got two kills (eventually), but – i guess i don’t get them in merge.

As you already discovered, once your id-key stopped resetting each time,
    any mod-server is usable to collect the 2 kills needed to reach the Gallery.

You collected them easily enough by entering stoneage, scoring 2
    one-shot insta-kills, and leaving to download the gallery.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

yes. my bad. sorry. i had it set to read-only.

still – the 2 kill limit is silly unless you’re trying to exclude the masses.

good work on getting it set-up.

@thrax wrote:

…collected them easily enough by entering stoneage, scoring 2
    one-shot insta-kills…

you know it ; )

Irishbandit
    Participant

CBX inspired me to do some more work what do you think?
    [edited new screencap]

cbx550f
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

[edited new screencap]

GAH!

I wasn’t meaning to inspire!

😉

(Oh yeah, WOW that looks neat!)

Looking forward to trying it out, Irish. 🙂

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

…what do you think?

very nice. do they move?

i thought of a couple of ways you could get them to i think. one way could be to advance them along a path, aimed-weapon/translate-distance/weapon-delay style (maybe 100 distance total per move as an event, in 30 distance hops).

another could be to set them as animated models. you could have the ghost object move within a model enlarged with a few single verts or faces, maybe even have the animated model substituted with a static version once the ghost’s finished moving. (you’d have to set the enlarged version as non-collisionable, and substitute it via an explosion delayed to destroy it at exactly the right moment).

hope you follow. very hard to explain. but this is more than bs – i used analogous methods here:

edit: link removed (xvid 14yrs+ ok?)

note the giant tank and the skywriting.

(not sure if those methods would be appropriate for main game – but that map’s good enough to be in mod of its own. no doubt.)

Thrax
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

[edited new screencap]

i’ll re-grab your archive and update the mod.

Also remember folks that map submissions can also be sent Directly
    to me with the HTTP-Upload page.

http://advguild.myftp.org:8080/up-yours.html max-8mb

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.