This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathbal 10 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

TheOne
    Participant

I honestly think they should go back to the way they were

Maybe just reduce the damage they inflict

Or make them the same price as a DH?

What you think?

BOY
    Participant

you think the v41 beta funky bomb is too powerful? I think it is still fairly powerful, yes, but in regards to previous verision it much less effective against shields.

The random timing makes less effective against moving target, don’t you think?

and also the explosions are max of 85% damage, the sizes vary as well, this is not apparent at first, but after shooting it a handful of times you should see that it is not quite so reliable now. What do you think?

anyway, about the price, the price is still up in the air I guess as to the true worth, but I think they are not so overpowering any more.

Deathbal
    Participant

The only thing i have to say about this is, whatever you do, do not put the funkies the way they were at 18k for 2. I actually like the new model.

BOY
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

The only thing i have to say about this is, whatever you do, do not put the funkies the way they were at 18k for 2. I actually like the new model.

don’t forget, the price of funkies is in fact set to a base of 12K for 2 ❗

base price of DH is 20K for 1.

18K and 30K is the max allowed by the free market 😯 (which i hope is fixed sometime)

naka
    Participant

The problem whit the new funky is that it is verry slow.
    1.Until kill your oponent someome may steal your kill. 😥
    2. other situation: first bomblet hit the ground- player fall, therefore player escaping other bomblets that come later.

So far (for me) it seems to be less effective and not so reliable weapon for gameplay.

May i suggest that we have both funkies, the new and the old one into the final verssion? it will make the game more colorfull and rich.

parasti
    Participant

Funkies don’t really need to be changed. The prices do.

DireWolf
    Participant

@parasti wrote:

Funkies don’t really need to be changed. The prices do.

Not if they are not as reliable….. why would you want to charge more for a weapon that has been made less effective?
    the Funkies have already been changed, so that point is pretty much over, try the new funkies and you will see they are not as reliable, before anyone complains about the price I believe you should try and work with the changes Gavin has made to them, and wait a month or so before re-evaluating the price or the effectiveness or lack of, I say give em a chance! then if you still dont like em then make your suggestions, Gavin has made changes to the most complained about weapon, we owe him to at least give them a chance.
    -Dire 😈

BOY
    Participant

@naka wrote:

May i suggest that we have both funkies, the new and the old one into the final verssion? it will make the game more colorfull and rich.

not a bad idea, however, the new and old funkies are not extreemly different. The new one still aims at the tanks. I think Gavin to target tanks because 12 completely random bombs are very very innefective in 3D landscape. It might take 60 or 70 completely random bomblets to match what 12 aiming ones do.

See V41 new dirt charge for how totally random looks. 😉

In 2D they seemed totally random, but were moderately effective.

To include two versions, I think one should be total random, while other one is aiming.

Deathbal
    Participant

Please don’t bring back the old funky. Leave this one. In practice mode they appeared to be more effective. But not against actual people. Because in target practice, none of the tanks have chutes, players do.

Even now that it is less effective, I still think 18k for two is too little.

Deathbal
    Participant

I see the old funkies were brought back. Well, at least they look the same to me. Any chance of putting the first version back? That or raising the price of these? I kinda liked the ol’ sprinklers 😆

Irishbandit
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

I see the old funkies were brought back. Well, at least they look the same to me. Any chance of putting the first version back? That or raising the price of these? I kinda liked the ol’ sprinklers 😆

Hmm weird they look like the new version to me I just built from source and it was the new funkies at least I thought so. 😕 😕

Deathbal
    Participant

ok, i got the old ones back……maybe i screwed something up.

Irishbandit
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

ok, i got the old ones back……maybe i screwed something up.

No maybe I did. 😯

doom
    Participant

I say the new funky bomb should be called less than funky bomb. and the old one be brought back.

parasti
    Participant

Actually the new one lives up to the name more than the old one. 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.