This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Irishbandit 10 years ago.

• Author

naka
    Participant

Some times the game screen blinks dark/black. it happens between moves, some times when i press space, and some times when i click OK on the buying screen.

First saw it on my ATI card, I thought it may be driver driver issue and didnt report it. Later saw it on Nvida both on fullscreen and windowed mode.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Does this happen even with “full clear” switched on?

naka
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

I have searched “full clear” switch but i didn’t find it. Where to look? display.xml? whats the name of the option?

Thrax
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Diddn’t you remove that recently? There is no check box for full-clear
    anymore. it’s defaulted On now.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Since you have removed the the “full clear” box, what happens to people who have it off? Is it still off for them or does the change turn it back on for them?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

@gcamp wrote:

Since you have removed the the “full clear” box, what happens to people who have it off? Is it still off for them or does the change turn it back on for them?

It turns back on, there is no off option in the code now.
    I only mentioned it earlier in case they had an older beta.

Deathbal
    Participant

The black blink has only happened to me when my game resolution was different from my actualy monitor resolution. Not sure if that’s the problem, but it has never happened when both were the same. I play on full screen.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@naka wrote:

Some times the game screen blinks dark/black. it happens between moves, some times when i press space, and some times when i click OK on the buying screen.

First saw it on my ATI card, I thought it may be driver driver issue and didnt report it. Later saw it on Nvida both on fullscreen and windowed mode.

Ah wait, on a re-read I think I mis-understood what you are saying.

Let me get this right. Some times when making a move you get one blank (black) frame and then it returns to normal.

naka
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Let me get this right. Some times when making a move you get one blank (black) frame and then it returns to normal.

Yes.
    some times it happends verry quick and i have only sence for a black frame.
    it looks like a tempoary lag(freeze) with someting blank. but in the last ver 41(di) i clearly saw 2 Blanks lasting around 0.5 sec!

to summarize it happends :
    1. between moves
    2. when pressing space
    3. when clicking ok on the buying screen
    4. final ranking – 0.5 sec
    5. between round – 0.5 sec

Is it possible that this effect always exist, but it is less noticeable on fast computers?

@deathbal wrote:

The black blink has only happened to me when my game resolution was different from my actualy monitor resolution Not sure if that’s the problem, but it has never happened when both were the same. I play on full screen.

It has happened to me on 1280×1024 fullscreen and my desctop was 1280×1024 too.

parasti
    Participant

I have seen this issue often occur on v40.1 as well. It might have become more noticeable due to the higher system requirements of v41.

Irishbandit
    Participant

@naka wrote:

@gcamp wrote:

Yes.
    some times it happends verry quick and i have only sence for a black frame.
    it looks like a tempoary lag(freeze) with someting blank. but in the last ver 41(di) i clearly saw 2 Blanks lasting around 0.5 sec!

to summarize it happends :
    1. between moves
    2. when pressing space
    3. when clicking ok on the buying screen
    4. final ranking – 0.5 sec
    5. between round – 0.5 sec

Is it possible that this effect always exist, but it is less noticeable on fast computers?

@deathbal wrote:

The black blink has only happened to me when my game resolution was different from my actualy monitor resolution Not sure if that’s the problem, but it has never happened when both were the same. I play on full screen.

It has happened to me on 1280×1024 fullscreen and my desctop was 1280×1024 too.

Noticed it I keep wondering if it is going to crash out hasn’t yet.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.