This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 10 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

The AI
    Participant

Not long ago, I played a great v41 beta3(dg) match with merge as the mod, and in this 2+ hour great match, no one else joined, other than ktm, but the two of us got on at the same time.
    So comes the poll; who else has played 41 for more than just a single boot up, or a single match? who here is “next-gen”? tell us, and perhaps, get a match in first.
    The latest build is pretty stable, much more so than when it was beta one, by a long shot. The maps I have made for neg are in 40.1, so think of the difference between that and 41, if you haven’t taken it for a spin, download it, it will take less time for that than for me to finish typing, you have broadband, should be no issue.
    Take some of the mods for a spin in 41, there are some great new possibilities out there, weapons that would of been impossible in 40.1; So I ask you. Have you seen it? the subject of this ramble. Are you a forty-oner?

KTM Rider
    Participant

Yep, I’d say we need a larger push for v41 players. At the moment, I only have v41 installed. Its rather lonely.

About beta3 being more stable, however, I’d have to disagree. I’m having more problems with it. But then again, I’m on Vista……

Ooh, I like that name, Forty-Oner. We need a signature……

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Need to get myself a Vista license…

Just to let people know we are thinking of releasing v41 pretty soon, perhaps even this week if testing doesn’t throw up anything to major.

KTM Rider
    Participant

Wow!? That quick? Guess this thread is going to be irrelevant.

As for the Vista thing, I disabled the GL extensions and ran it in compatibility mode. As of right now, I’ve not had another random crash. But I’ve not really tried to reproduce the situation again.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Shame, the graphics sucks with extensions off.

jdog
    Participant

Have to say yes I am playing version 41… or modding on it.

Rommel
    Participant

Sounds great, I can hardly wait. However I think I’ve still got a problem that isn’t core code specific.

@gcamp wrote:

Need to get myself a Vista license…

Just to let people know we are thinking of releasing v41 pretty soon, perhaps even this week if testing doesn’t throw up anything to major.

I’m still getting dissconnected as a client pretty frquently on my own server but have not had any problems hanging out at Main for a few hours as a spectator. Checked my timer settings against yours but that wasn’t the problem. Any ideas? Not my connection or it should have kicked everyone not just me. No one else gets kicked when I do. The error is a time out error and after I’m kicked by the server I find my client locked up. Hung APP. I have a dump if it might be of assistance.

Anyone?

I must go destroy the world now. Krieg ohne Hass

Sincerely,

Generalfeldmarschall Erwin J. E. Rommel

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

I’m still getting dissconnected as a client pretty frquently on my own server but have not had any problems hanging out at Main for a few hours as a spectator. Checked my timer settings against yours but that wasn’t the problem. Any ideas? Not my connection or it should have kicked everyone not just me. No one else gets kicked when I do. The error is a time out error and after I’m kicked by the server I find my client locked up. Hung APP. I have a dump if it might be of assistance.

Is this v41 or v40? What does the server say when it kicks you? What are the connection stats for your connection in the server log?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.