This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PeanutsRevenge 10 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

BOY
    Participant

rather than perpetuate even one more post in Hobbesme’s grumpy topic, I decided to start a new one.

I love the new version. There are still some things that need to be worked out, but its the same old scorched I love but with new shiny stuff 😉

HWB
    Participant

The cheese stands alone eh Boy.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Boy:

Good to see you back. I agree with your post.

@boy wrote:

rather than perpetuate even one more post in Hobbesme’s grumpy topic, I decided to start a new one.

I love the new version. There are still some things that need to be worked out, but its the same old scorched I love but with new shiny stuff 😉

I’ve been playing with the graphics setting and can run full screen at 14400 x 900, wide open, with the textures, etc set at max and get an average of 19 FPS. Turning off the shaders, water movement and reflections and setting the texure and explosin detail to medium gives me an average FPS of around 50. Personally I prefer wide open and really don’t notice too much difference in the game action at 19 or 50 FPS.

To anyone having problems, try the safe mode first and work your way up until you hit a problem. If other options are still available, back up a step and try a different path towards the top.

It’s a beautiful day in my neighborhood. Krieg ohne Hass

Sincerely,

Generalfeldmarschall Erwin J. E. Rommel

hobbesme
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

I’ve been playing … full screen at 14400 x 900

Dang, that’s some monitor.
    How large of a desk is that thing sitting on?

Rommel
    Participant

LOL, considering how dazed I have been lately I feel pretty good that I got the 900 right.

@hobbesme wrote:

@rommel wrote:

I’ve been playing … full screen at 14400 x 900

Dang, that’s some monitor.
    How large of a desk is that thing sitting on?

1400 x 900 is what I should have said. Thanks for catching that for me, I just wish someone had nudged me several posts before, as I feel sure I’ve been saying this for some time now.

I must get a bigger monitor. 😉 Krieg ohne Hass

Sincerely,

Generalfeldmarschall Erwin J. E. Rommel

The AI
    Participant

Shame, and I was about to make you a 14400×900 chaos render.

Chaos, sleepiness, and monitors aside; I have no major issues with 41.1, it has new tags for me to play with, what could make that bad? now sure, the rollers bounce like crazy, but pack 100 of them into a shot with a 1.1 maintain velocity, and a 28 second timer, and you have a crazy bomb, and with those rollers lightning strikes, it can be a great weapon.

They also make great frogs, get yourself a flat map, and a bunch of skippers and you are golden, I should try water collision with them and see what happens.

I may not be able to have max settings, but it is still fun, and some maps there is no water to see.

The chat channel is no issue for me, I like to play with names, icons, health, aiming wedge, and color off, in my cave map it can get a bit freaky, they can sneak up on you.

Oh, and back to the first thing I said, whilst a 14400×900 render might be too large, how about 8800×8800?

Deathbal
    Participant

Rommel, I get basically the same FPS as you, using 1440×900 full screen. But I do not like to turn shaders off because the water looks much worse. And like you said, the extra FPS isn’t worht it. 19-25 is enough for me.

Thrax
    Participant

I play happily at 1024×768, Full-everything Details.

With 16-30 fps on gavins maps and over 60 on some other mods, I
    don’t really mind much at all..

plus.. pissing off the uber-puter folks with a few extra seconds lag
    when loading into a map, kinda make’s me giggle. 😀

BOY
    Participant

I can’t play in full detail (yet)

oh but I will, oh but I will

Chopper
    Participant

Its sure better for Da Chop’s laptop after that last little patch thing….gettin back like it was.

Hey Gavin….cook up a patch for theold ChopBot2000…..its gettin kind of worn out.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

I play happily at 1024×768, Full-everything Details.

With 16-30 fps on gavins maps and over 60 on some other mods, I
    don’t really mind much at all..

plus.. pissing off the uber-puter folks with a few extra seconds lag
    when loading into a map, kinda make’s me giggle. 😀

Yea, you really are a meanie 😛

Good thread tho Boy, totally agree, 41.1 is very good, rollers ARE a lil too bouncy (wont mention the hogs other than this) and popping bubbles under water is a lil tricky now, but when has anything ever pleaased everyone?

I agree about the shaders tho DB, I cant run properly with em on (get about 10 fps) but Im looking for new gfx card and screen for new year which’ll sort that out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.