This topic contains 44 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

hobbesme
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

did some forum admin really feel the need to shorten the length of my previous post?

@deathstryker wrote:

Just for reference, I did not do that, btw. I leave everyone’s post alone.

@cbx550f wrote:

No idea – I have a sad feeling I misse dout on something good too!

Nobody really missed much.

[Content accidentally overwritten* :(]

But if that’s gonna happen, you can say goodbye to my writing & formatting posts for your viewing pleasure :

Censorship — UNFAIR!

Nickname, A Mocking Game,
    Give the Tiger a Loan

Declaration of Scorched3D
    & the Pledge of Scorched Tankia

Polls of Camelot

Welcome Back, c(b,x)otter

Let’s hack about sex, baby;
    let’s hack about you & me

TRON

No Ban Zone

kiss my pula

So don’t mess with my posts! Got it? Good.
    _

[*Note : I accidentally overwrote this post when I intended only to quote from it & so had to reconstruct it as best I could. I REALLY hate when I do that!! 👿 ]
    _

hobbesme
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

I may have moved my lips whilst I typed – that’s not lip-syncing, is it?

No, that’s low-brow — & just sad.

@cbx550f wrote:

I was just noticing someone’s avatar … Is that a picture of Hobbes on his Total Tiger exercise set?

Considering that’s my wife’s avatar, the question “Is that Hobbes on his Total Tiger exercise set” could be taken a LOT of wrong ways!

So get ready for a butt-whooping!
    My wife is gonna kick your ass!

Ebonite
    Participant

Hmm, 7th “you”, after one who has been gone for so long. I feel, somehow, slighted.

cbx, how about I take you up on that streaking bet?

cbx550f
    Participant

@ebonite² wrote:

cbx, how about I take you up on that streaking bet?

I think I’d better pass. They stop me at the border every time, and I have nowhere to carry my passport.

@The always entertaining Hobbes wrote:

But if that’s gonna happen, you can say goodbye to my writing & formatting posts for your viewing pleasure :

I reread a few of those – there’s some real gems in there! 😀

You have never ceased to amuse me with your hard work on formatting, linking, quoting, and the mocking! Ohh the MOCKING!

I came across Comedown’s post in the “What do you expect from scorched thread, and I think it sums things up quite accurately:@comedown wrote:

@boy wrote:

so, in closing, what is it we expect from scorched? 😆 😆 😆 😆

The thread sums it up.

A bunch of clueless smartasses taking pot-shots at each other, in a friendly and positive atmosphere!

cbx550f
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

@hobbesme wrote:

did some forum admin really feel the need to shorten the length of my previous post?

@deathstryker wrote:

Just for reference, I did not do that, btw. I leave everyone’s post alone.

@cbx550f wrote:

No idea – I have a sad feeling I misse dout on something good too!

Nobody really missed much.

I talked to the admin gang, and someone told me that they did edit it – I think it was perceived as a mistake that all that whitespace was in there. We’re following up on how to, as a group, improve how things like this will be handled.

On that note, I’m thinking this is REALLY off topic, so I’ll shut up. 😉

*watches as the crowd gasps in anticipation of me shutting up*

Censorship — UNFAIR!

Wow – thanks for the regurgitated links! Some of those threads were actually funnier this time than on the origianl read!!

Never stop, Hobbes! Not only would we miss out on your meticukously witty posts, but also really good ones like this one!

Note to self: I must really take a look at where the open-loop poles are when we add more cowbell
    Got it.

cbx

Deathstryker
    Participant

Ah! Those old posts are classics…

Speaking about that, I miss guy parker BS’ing with us. I wonder what happened to him. 😕

Irishbandit
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Ah! Those old posts are classics…

Speaking about that, I miss guy parker BS’ing with us. I wonder what happened to him. 😕

🙁 🙁 Me to…

hobbesme
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

I talked to the admin gang, and someone told me that they did edit it – I think it was perceived as a mistake that all that whitespace was in there.

And to be honest, I really can understand what some admin was thinking:

It’s only whitespace that was deleted, what’s the big deal?

But my formatting was intentionally “hiding something in plain sight”. I wanted to hide text at the end of the post, but I also wanted that hidden text to be obvious to people that know me &/or can guess that there may be something to all that excessively-LONG-&-apparently-empty end-of-post.

For instance, without “hiding in plain sight”, did any of you notice the hidden text at the end of this post & that post? If not, it just proves my point that deleting the extra whitespace deprecated the really-obvious nature of the “hidden text”.
    [Note: I hope slightly-inappropriate hidden text can remain hidden but uncensored.]
    At least one admin noticed:

hobbesme wrote:

cbx550f wrote:
      Got it.

The admin in question was kind to send a PM apologizing & I respect that. But honestly, I’m not so much as “mad” about the editing as I am frustrated by it. I stand by what I said before, that admins “changing things for no other reason than because someone has the power to change things … gets real annoying”.

@cbx550f wrote:

Wow – thanks for the regurgitated links! Some of those threads were actually funnier this time than on the origianl read!!

Now that I don’t understand. Maybe it’s a delayed humor thing. Dunno.

jdog
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

I talked to the admin gang, and someone told me that they did edit it – I think it was perceived as a mistake that all that whitespace was in there. We’re following up on how to, as a group, improve how things like this will be handled.

On that note, I’m thinking this is REALLY off topic, so I’ll shut up. 😉

*watches as the crowd gasps in anticipation of me shutting up*

cbx

Off topic… like most other posts here…. I haven’t been talked too yet.
    I also only delete spam (bad spam that is), really stupid and hateful stuff.

NoMoreSteve
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

For instance, without “hiding in plain sight”, did any of you notice the hidden text at the end of this post & that post? If not, it just proves my point that deleting the extra whitespace deprecated the really-obvious nature of the “hidden text”.
    [Note: I hope slightly-inappropriate hidden text can remain hidden but uncensored.]

heh, hiding text. that is so silly. I’d never do a thing like that.
    let’s see if anyone goes back and rereads the great Cowbell debates of June. Conveniently in the spam posting.

hobbesme
    Participant

Deathstryker
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

Big blue monster — Deathstryker shoulda seen that one coming! hehe 😛

LMAO, I totally forgot about that post.

Spectrum
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

@georginevj wrote:

Tigers never listen.

@cbx550f wrote:

Something tells me I know who this is!
    Hiya Mrs. 😉

NONE of you are allowed to communicate with psychotic user GeorgineVJ!

You got that?!

He/she cannot be trusted.

No posting, replying, PM’ing, IM’ing, mailing, emailing, calling, faxing, signaling, signing, semaphoring, resigning, lip-sync’ing, dancing, prancing, romancing, candy-gramming, telegramming, stalking, talking, conversing, rehearsing, or even just plain chatting!
    NONE of IT!

This means you, you, you, you, you, you, you(if you ever come back), you, you, you, you, you, you, you, & most especially YOU!

Got it ❓ ❗ ❓
    😈 👿 😈 👿 😈

cbx550f wrote:
      Hobbes, on the off chance that you weren’t aware of this:
      She’s a keeper!

Yeah, (3703 + ~865) LOOONNNGGG days of keeping & counting.

So dose this mean i can do all these things that you told all them not to do, since i was not listed?!?!

BTW Hi GeorgineVJ!

GeorgineVJ
    Participant

*waves*

Hi, Spectrum!

Spectrum
    Participant

*smacks self upside the head for not seeing there was another page b4 he posted his last post*

BTW Got some good laufghs out of all that!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.