This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  hobbesme 11 years ago.

• Author

hobbesme
    Participant

After playing a game in the Main Server, I noticed that the scores each round seemed a little higher than normal.

What I discovered was that although the points-per-round-win were listed as “ScoreWonForRound = 35” or “35 score awarded per round won”, the actual points awarded per round win was 285 = 250 + 35. So it appears that the base value of 250 points per round win is being added to the ‘ScoreWonForRound’ configurable parameter.

BOY
    Participant

I suppose that zero points setting then gives 250 😯

I never knew Gavin was so dead set on having round wins be worth so much. I mean, sheesh, I know he’s opinionated, but this is too far!

Brain Damage
    Participant

i got why this happends, the setting “scorewonforlives” is set at 250 on main etch; so it means that if you will survive (off course you will have a life) you will get the round win points (35) + the life bonus points (250); to make it to work the score for lifes needs to be set at 0 on official servers or the score per round needs to be set to 0 & score per lifes neds to be set at 35

same for money won for lives, now the round win is worth 1000 (round won) + 5000 (life bonus)

further note i think that 250 is a too high value, expecially for a default value since it gets added to the round win points making it 500 points for the round winner (most of the people don’t even change the score settings when creating servers)

hobbesme
    Participant

@Brain Damage wrote:

i got why this happends, the setting “scorewonforlives” is set at 250 on main; so it means that if you will survive … you will get the round win points (35) + the life bonus points (250); to make it to work the score for lifes needs to be set at 0 on official servers or the score per round needs to be set to 0 & score per lifes neds to be set at 35.

same for money won for lives, now the round win is worth 1000 (round won) + 5000 (life bonus)

Excellent observations especially since this means the problem is just a configuration issue & can be resolved with no source changes.

So what values do people think we should use?
    [Not another poll & drawn-out topic please! :)]

Shotzo
    Participant

Dah… 0?

Seems fair to me… I just don’t know why though. 😉

Willis
    Participant

int value = 42;

do{
    value = value^2;
    }while(value > 0);

No actually, since the lives-point value was put into place for things like apoc or scavenger hunt (yes scavenger… a person survives by 3 lives will get the win VS a person surviving with 1 life). It serves less of a purpose for things like Official Server.

So let the lives value be 0.

hobbesme
    Participant

@willis wrote:

int value = 42;

do {
    value = value^2;
    } while (value > 0);

There’s a while loop that probably never ends* — appropriate for Life, the Universe, & Integer thing.
    *Note : Ironically it does end rather quickly — within 3-5 iterations depending on integer size! Who knew?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.