This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Brain Damage 11 years ago.

• Author

hobbesme
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

Besides for what I’ve already reported, the only consistency I’ve found is that once a player’s move is rejected from a particular starting position, all subsquent attempts to move to any other location from that same starting position fail.

Which Thrax just proved was a false positive observation — i.e. Thrax’s failed move did NOT result in continued failed moves thereafter. He also was able to move until ALL his fuel was gone with a 2-unit fuel move for his last move on the mapboard.

cbx550f
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

@hobbesme wrote:

Besides for what I’ve already reported, the only consistency I’ve found is that once a player’s move is rejected from a particular starting position, all subsquent attempts to move to any other location from that same starting position fail.

Which Thrax just proved was a false positive observation — i.e. Thrax’s failed move did NOT result in continued failed moves thereafter. He also was able to move until ALL his fuel was gone with a 2-unit fuel move for his last move on the mapboard.

Err, ummm, where did he prove this?

I haven’t been able to reproduce this – does it seem to be happening only when selecting a spot near the edge of the range?

Thrax
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Which Thrax just proved was a false positive
    observation — i.e. Thrax’s failed move did NOT result in continued failed
    moves thereafter. He also was able to move until ALL his fuel was gone
    with a 2-unit fuel move for his last move on the mapboard.

I haven’t been able to reproduce this – does it seem to be
    happening only when selecting a spot near the edge of the
    range?

On main server#2, using basic fuel.

Bought 80. used it once for about 22 units moved successfully.
    The second use was about same distance, and it failed.
    the 3rd use, succeeded for about 55 units worth.
    the 4th, was a tiny step using the last 2 units of fuel.

All of them were in an open area not near water, not clicking on
    the red-line but in the lighted area.

hobbesme
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

I haven’t been able to reproduce this – does it seem to be happening only when selecting a spot near the edge of the range?

Don’t take this the wrong way because you’re normally a very thorough forum reader — but READ all therelevant posts in this topic!!

😛

@cbx550f wrote:

In the very next post, where he explains that his movement destinations were NOT anywhere “near the edge of the range”.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Can you let me know if this happens again, since I have now updated the main servers to have the latest CVS version on them.

hobbesme
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Can you let me know if this happens again, since I have now updated the main servers to have the latest CVS version on them.

Although a lack of a bug occurence is not positive proof of code correctness, I have not witnessed any further occurences of the fuel movement bug since the update & I have successfully moved at least 8+ times in 3+ games since then.

I hope this means you successfully resolved this fuel movement issue.

Thank you.

BOY
    Participant

I’ll say it for you.

THANKS for the improved fuel reliablility, and i SOOOO love the red boundary for the movement!

Brain Damage
    Participant

this just happened with me & naka now (19.55 gmt 1/12/2006) on main server; it happened twice in a row.
    i did use rocket fuel but i did not were using it all at once; naka were using regualr fuel & he were not using it all at once neither

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.