This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Brain Damage 10 years, 10 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #4923

    hobbesme
    Participant

    First, it seems that the old V38 fuel bug is back — even with the movement area outlined with a new red border.

    Second, movement seems to be limited to 40 units of fuel per move. This differs from previous versions which allowed a player to use as little or as much fuel as the player had in inventory in any single move.

    Are these fuel issues known &/or expected?

    #34866

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    1st) Are you saying you can select an area in the water, but the movement is not allowed. i.e. can you select a position, the position is acepted but the tank does not move?

    2nd) Yes, this is expected. It can be changed per fuel type, the rocket fuel can move further.

    #34867

    BigBear
    Participant

    I have noticed this as well. Sometimes when you click close to the border of the permitted area it looks like the move was accepted, but you won’t move (this has nothing to do with water movement). This mostly has occurred when there is little fuel left and the area is quite small.

    #34868

    Thrax
    Participant

    @hobbesme wrote:

    First, it seems that the old V38 fuel bug is back — even with the movement area outlined with a new red border.

    Second, movement seems to be limited to 40 units of fuel per move.
    This differs from previous versions which allowed a player to use as little
    or as much fuel as the player had in inventory in any single move.

    Are these fuel issues known &/or expected?

    Strange, In Swars, where maps are large, Fuel is a must..
    I’ve got weapon limit at 200, making the ammount of fuel you
    hold rather large.
    I’ve never been limited to 40 units at a time with basic fuel.
    With the more advanced fuels that move you faster, possibly.
    They have a steptime of .005, and move you at hyper-speed
    for a huge fuel drain

    if the step-time for the fuel requires you to use 4-5 units to make 1 step,
    then yes, you may not move if you have very little left.

    #34869

    hobbesme
    Participant

    @gcamp wrote:

    1st) Are you saying you can select an area in the water, but the movement is not allowed. i.e. can you select a position, the position is acepted but the tank does not move?

    Yes & no. Yes, the client allows a player to click within the movement area, the move is accepted, but the tank does not move. This happened to me four times on three different maps last night.

    However, the V40.1 variant of this bug seems to be water-agnostic. At least two of the locations I was moving to were NOT near either the water OR the border of the movement area. In addition, I was able to successfully move near the border &/or partially underwater at least twice.

    So the V40.1 variant is similar to the V38 fuel bug in that a player’s move is accepted but then not executed but different in that some moves that are rejected are nowhere near water or the movement border.

    @bigbear wrote:

    Sometimes when you click close to the border of the permitted area it looks like the move was accepted, but you won’t move (this has nothing to do with water movement). This mostly has occurred when there is little fuel left and the area is quite small.

    Every time this bug occured for me last night I had 40+ fuel left so this bug is NOT limited to low-fuel situations only.

    @gcamp wrote:

    2nd) Yes, this is expected. It can be changed per fuel type, the rocket fuel can move further.

    I think this is a reasonable, configurable feature to add —

    But I hate it since my entire strategy to winning games is based on RUNAROUNDTHEMAP3D.

    #34870

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    @The Scorched Fairy wrote:

    Fixed: Server refusing to allow move when client is trying to use all available fuel

    #34871

    hobbesme
    Participant

    @The Scorched Fairy wrote:

    Fixed: Server refusing to allow move when client is trying to use all available fuel

    Where & for what release is this fix listed? I don’t see it listed in the current TO DO list, V40.1b release notes, or V40.1c release notes.

    #34872

    Brain Damage
    Participant

    it is in the to-do list in the cvs repository, probably the list in the website is updated with a certain interval by accesing that file in the sourceforge’s server, so while the todo list in the cvs repository will have the latest bleeding-edge updates you may have to wait for a while before the changes will be visible too in the website; check it later and may be able to see it in the webpage.

    #34873

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    @Brain Damage wrote:

    it is in the to-do list in the cvs repository, probably the list in the website is updated with a certain interval by accesing that file in the sourceforge’s server, so while the todo list in the cvs repository will have the latest bleeding-edge updates you may have to wait for a while before the changes will be visible too in the website; check it later and may be able to see it in the webpage.

    Well said. Just wait about an hour and you’ll see it magically appear. I’m not psychic. I promise.

    #34874

    cbx550f
    Participant

    @deathstryker wrote:

    @Brain Damage wrote:

    it is in the to-do list in the cvs repository, probably the list in the website is updated with a certain interval by accesing that file in the sourceforge’s server, so while the todo list in the cvs repository will have the latest bleeding-edge updates you may have to wait for a while before the changes will be visible too in the website; check it later and may be able to see it in the webpage.

    Well said. Just wait about an hour and you’ll see it magically appear.

    Not sure, but I think that may only be daily? don’t recall.

    @DS wrote:

    I’m not psychic. I promise.

    I already knew that. I AM.

    #34875

    hobbesme
    Participant

    @The Scorched Fairy wrote:

    Fixed: Server refusing to allow move when client is trying to use all available fuel

    @hobbesme wrote:

    Where & for what release is this fix listed? I don’t see it listed in the current TO DO list, V40.1b release notes, or V40.1c release notes.

    I do now see this bug fix in the current TO DO list.

    However, this V40.1 fuel bug variant occasionally rejects a player’s move even if the move will NOT attempt to use all available fuel — i.e. the requested move destination is sufficiently far from the movement area border which should therefore require only a fraction of available fuel (even considering the new maximum 40-units-of-fuel-per-move limitation).

    Last night, I attempted two moves where my initial location was on a fairly-flat hill peak far from water & my move destination locations were further down the hill but nowhere near water & nowhere near the movement area border. Thus, these requested moves should NOT have required all available fuel.

    #34876

    cbx550f
    Participant

    Hobbes – have you found any consistency to this?
    I’m planning on doing a ton of testing on the latest cvs tonight – and I’m hoping to find a way to reproduce this reliably so I can prove it to my satisfaction. (I have not tried to reproduce it in 40.1c yet)

    Thanks

    cbx

    #34877

    BOY
    Participant

    my official postiotion on this fuel issue is that I have no official postion. However, I support all efforts to kill bugs. ❗

    #34878

    hobbesme
    Participant

    @boy wrote:

    my official postiotion on this fuel issue is that I have no official postion.

    We have no need or use for your fence-sitting, waffling politics around here!

    Begone, you foul bi-partisan infidel!

    #34879

    hobbesme
    Participant

    @cbx550f wrote:

    Hobbes – have you found any consistency to this?

    Besides for what I’ve already reported, the only consistency I’ve found is that once a player’s move is rejected from a particular starting position, all subsquent attempts to move to any other location from that same starting position fail.

    The old V38 fuel bug just wouldn’t let you move too close to the water. But if you tried another move from the same starting position to another location sufficiently far away from the water’s edge, the move would be successfully executed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.