This topic contains 64 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Bobirov
    Participant

Got the idea for this one from the “Hot Contact” weapon in the old Weapon Recipies thread. Just basically a funky bomb with a few more warheads that ignite napalm instead of exploding. Not a bad little weapon.

Napalm Blast
    A projectile weapon that on
    exploding releases multiple blobs
    of napalm at enemy tanks.

hnapalm.bmp
    shoot/large.wav

Napalm Blast

Napalm Blast

Napalm Blast

roller.ase
    white.bmp

Napalm Blast
    explosions/napalm.wav

Napalm Blast
    yes
    down
    explosions/large.wav
    exp02

Bobirov
    Participant

Finally got around to combining the Bunny/Betty bombs into that design that was requested, the “Haymaker”. All in all it turned out to be quite a devastating weapon witha good coverage area.

Just a reminder that an accessories.xml file with this and all the other weapons can be downloaded on my website.

Haymaker
    MIRV that releases several
    leaping warheads which release
    even smaller explosive bomblets

lfrog.bmp

shoot/large.wav
    bouncingbetty/bouncingbetty.txt

Haymaker
    true

Haymaker

Haymaker

Haymaker

Haymaker

Haymaker
    yes
    down
    exp01
    explosions/medium.wav

Haymaker

Haymaker

roller.ase
    default.bmp

Haymaker
    yes
    down
    exp01
    explosions/small.wav

Haymaker

Haymaker

Haymaker

Haymaker

Haymaker

Haymaker
    yes
    down
    exp01
    explosions/medium.wav

Haymaker

Haymaker

roller.ase
    default.bmp

Haymaker
    yes
    down
    exp01
    explosions/small.wav

Haymaker

Haymaker

Haymaker

yes
    down
    exp01
    explosions/medium.wav

Haymaker

Haymaker

roller.ase
    default.bmp

Haymaker
    yes
    down
    exp01
    explosions/small.wav

ruinzV2.0
    Participant

could someone point me in the right direction for this? i was modifying the death head code just to see what things did and thought id try to have the weapon break into new warheads multiple times. i got it to work but not the way i intended….also ended up letting loose 1000 warheads so it took my comp forever to process it all lol. anyways because the code is set to split them at the highest point and they all have the highest point it just runs it all at the same time. what im trying to do is have it split into like 10 new pieces or whatever, then each flys a bit further and splits again. mainly i want to do this so the crap spreads over a larger area because i just dont find the normal spread does quite enough;)

Bobirov
    Participant

Check out the code I posted previously for the “Dmsday Device”. It does pretty much exactly what you are talking about. It splits twice in the air to spread out over a larger area than other weapons. It can suck sometimes when all of the first set of bomblets go the same direction but it still covers a greater area than anything else. Hope this is what you’re looking for

ruinzV2.0
    Participant

allright ty. i played on your server last night. had a bit of fun and stuck around for a while. downloaded yer accessories and ill take a look at it now. btw is bush a bot or was that just one silent player? sucked at aiming like the bots often do so i assumed bot….

Bobirov
    Participant

Yes he was a bot. Generally if the server is empty or nearly empty I’ll stick a bot on to get some people in. But, if I go to sleep or leave or anything there can wind up being a bot on for long periods of time.

ruinzV2.0
    Participant

ok heres my first weapon based largely on the doomsday device(thanks again bobirov) but tweaked. i rewrote it 3 times because i havnt slept yet and a: erased it accidently, then b: wrote it again and had about 50+ lines more then the first time+a parsing error i couldnt figure out, and finally c: gave up rewrote the sucker again and it worked and i cut down on the lines=) i imagine it would have some major lag on a slower machine because there are 100 warheads that hit and explode, but i dont have a highend vid card and only a 2.6 gig processor and its not too bad. when i run it on my pc though i cant get the price above 1…..for some reason its stuck at that. ive changed the cost several times but it wont budge…. anyways if anyone knows why its doing this please let me know because i cant find out why. so ill shut up now and post the code.

Ruiner
    The ultimate in destructive capability
    with a pretty light show.

dhead.bmp

shoot/launch.wav
    icbm/icbm.txt

Ruiner

Ruiner

no
    down
    explosions/small.wav
    exp03

Ruiner

Ruiner

digger/digger.txt

Ruiner

Ruiner

down
    yes
    explosions/small.wav
    exp03

Ruiner

Ruiner
    digger/digger.txt

Ruiner

yes
    down
    exp03
    explosions/xlarge.wav

Skulling_Axe
    Participant

Bobirov… the Haymaker is exactly what i was looking for… Awesome man… freakin awesome.

Anonymous
    Participant

Bobirov, I went to your site to try and get the latest accessories.xml file but all I’m getting is

Not Found
    The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the referring page.

is the link broken?

Bobirov
    Participant

No it isn’t broken, my provider was just having issues last night and everything was haywire. I had no internet access either 😉 It should be back up now and you should be able to download the file once again. Sorry for any inconvieniance.

Bobirov
    Participant

Well I finally made a bomb that is in the real style of the old Bouncing Betty. However, since I already called another bomb that, I decided to call it the Shockwave instead.

Shockwave
    Explodes creating other smaller warheads
    that continue bouncing outward.

fbomb.bmp
    shoot/medium.wav

Shockwave

Shockwave
    yes
    down
    explosions/large.wav
    exp02

Shockwave

Shockwave

roller.ase
    white.bmp

Shockwave

Shockwave
    yes
    down
    explosions/medium.wav
    exp02

Shockwave

Shockwave

roller.ase
    white.bmp

Shockwave

Shockwave
    yes
    down
    exp01
    explosions/medium.wav

Shockwave

Shockwave

roller.ase
    white.bmp

Shockwave

yes
    down
    exp01
    explosions/small.wav

Bobirov
    Participant

After really seeing the effect of the old-style betty, I decided to make a more powerful version that releases smaller bombs on each bounce (like my betty). This is definately another fun bomb to use like the Haymaker is hehe.

Shockwave m2
    Explodes creating other smaller warheads
    that continue bouncing outward while
    releasing more warheads

fbomb.bmp
    shoot/medium.wav

roller.ase
    default.bmp

Shockwave m2

Shockwave m2
    yes
    down
    explosions/large.wav
    exp02

Shockwave m2

Shockwave m2

roller.ase
    white.bmp

Shockwave m2

Shockwave m2

Shockwave m2

roller.ase
    white.bmp

Shockwave m2
    yes
    down
    explosions/medium.wav
    exp02

Shockwave m2

Shockwave m2

roller.ase
    white.bmp

Shockwave m2

Shockwave m2

Shockwave m2

roller.ase
    white.bmp

Shockwave m2
    yes
    down
    explosions/medium.wav
    exp02

Shockwave m2

Shockwave m2

roller.ase
    white.bmp

Shockwave m2

Shockwave m2
    yes
    down
    exp01
    explosions/small.wav

Shockwave m2

Shockwave m2

roller.ase
    white.bmp

Shockwave m2
    yes
    down
    explosions/small.wav
    exp02

Anonymous
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

No it isn’t broken, my provider was just having issues last night and everything was haywire. I had no internet access either 😉 It should be back up now and you should be able to download the file once again. Sorry for any inconvieniance.

I still couldn’t download the file so I checked where the link was pointing to and found out why I couldn’t get the file.

The link you have points to

http://handwired.home.mchsi.com/Filesaccessories.xml.zip

notice the ” between Files and the file name that’s the problem. I pasted the link into the URL bar in mozilla and changed the ” to a ‘/’ and down came the file 🙂

Bobirov
    Participant

Well its been a little while, but I thought I’d post another unique weapon that I found humourous. Its called the suicide bomb and as its name implies, it blows you up with a very large series of explosions. Because it does multiple explosions, even my strongest custom shield won’t prevent you from being killed by the blast. If you buy a bunch of fuel you can drive right into the middle of a bunch of people and detonate yourself with this bad boy for a laugh.

Suicide Bomb
    Detonate yourself causing a massive explosion
    dhead.bmp

Suicide Bomb
    yes
    down
    exp00
    explosions/large.wav

Suicide Bomb
    yes
    down
    exp00
    explosions/large.wav

Suicide Bomb
    yes
    down
    exp00
    explosions/xlarge.wav

Anonymous
    Participant

Here are some suggestions for uber nasty weapons.

A weapon that fills a valley with napalm which then burns to eat away any shield, and then follows it up with a big bomb to kill the tanks before they can get their shields back up. One way woudl be have is split at highest point and relase napalm mirvs which dop out huge loads of napalm, and flings a nuke straight up, to fall after the napalm goes off. Is this even possible?

Fork Bomb. Like the funky bomb, but splits up into additional funky bombs, with bigger explosions. SHoudl result in at lteast 26 explosions or so.

EarthHog. Thsi weapon would drop a mountain of dirt on the target area, then set off a sandhog inside it. The evil thing about the sandhog was that it could penetrate shields, if you could bury a tank inside of dirt. This weapon woudl do both at once, but nto be a guaranteed kill.

Death of one thousand stings. This weapon would, upon startingit’s descent, replicate itelf into 1000 baby missiles all aimed at the same spot. Great for powering thru mountains and shields.

SOme great ideas from other games.

The pedestal. This one causes the ground tio rise where it hits to 3/4ths of the way to max height, lifting the tank into view of the other ones.

The 20 ton weight. This would destroy ALL ground directly below it’s impact oint, creating a deep pitfrom which no tank can escape.

And these weapons woudl need new coding.

EMP missile. This woudl have a good chance of knocking out shielding and messing up any guidance systems in any tank it explodes near.

Readout Scrambler. Thsi would be a similar weapon, excep that any tanks anywhere near where it went off will have their guns re-aimed, and their angle indicator messed up so it shows the wrong angle. This would be a great weapon to defeat poeple who keep using ballistic guidance to guarantee themsellf a direct hit.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.