This topic contains 64 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous
    Participant

whenever you open the .xml files in either word or notepad they are always tabbed.

if you have somekind of other editor it may not but I dont know

Bobirov
    Participant

Just thought I’d let you guys know that I have an accessories.xml file on my website that has all of these weapons included in it as well as a few others. If you’re not up to the task of entering and editing these weapons yourself, you are more than welcome to download it and do with it what you wish. Enjoy 🙂

link:
    http://handwired.home.mchsi.com/

Bobirov
    Participant

Yet another custom weapon to add to your arsenal. I call it acid rain. Shoot it high into the air over the target area and watch it rain down dirt eating (riot bomb) projectiles upon everything. It does no physical damage but anyone not using chutes had better lookout.. 😉

Acid Rain
    A projectile weapon that on reaching
    its highest point releases many dirt
    eating warheads. This weapon does no
    physical damage.

hroller.bmp

shoot/launch.wav

clusterbomb.ase
    white.bmp

Acid Rain

Acid Rain
    down
    no
    exp03
    explosions/small.wav

Acid Rain

Acid Rain

clusterbomb.ase
    white.bmp

Acid Rain

Acid Rain
    down
    no
    exp03
    explosions/small.wav d>

Acid Rain

Acid Rain

clusterbomb.ase
    white.bmp

Acid Rain
    down
    no
    exp03
    explosions/napalm.wav

kennywood
    Participant

hey bobirov,

nice weapons!!! 😀 i have a question… what does actually do? my first thought is that they are used by the armslevel configuration… but when I looked into the accessories.xml file that came with the game, some weapons have different armslevel (For example, the leap frog) for different subweapons…

in addition, I was trying to create my own customized leap weapon, but it did not leap far… so i thought maybe the armslevel have something to do with the weapon’s weight, or the gravity? please correct me if I am wrong.

oh, another thing… do and take any optional values? it is odd to see without anything in between the tags… tried to put something there, but did not make any difference…

thanks, dude.

Bobirov
    Participant

Kenny,

Glad you like the weapons, I find it quite fun to have many options to choose from when deciding how to take out your opponents hehe.

About armslevel, to my knowledge it is used when determining how much money a person receives for damaging/killing an opponent. The basic formula is something like reward = (health taken / 100) * MoneyPerHP * Armslevel. Also, its the same idea for when you kill someone, reward = MoneyPerKill * armslevel. Different parts of a weapon can be set to give different levels of reward. For instance, the initial blast could yield a higher reward than subsequent, random blasts. The general rule I use is the more destructive/all encompasing the weapon is, the lower the armslevel and subsequent reward. I am not sure if it affects anything else or if those are the proper formulas as I’m really new here (started playing a little after the release of 37.1)

About and , I do not know as I have not messed with those at all yet. Sorry I can’t answer that one.. 😥

Skulling_Axe
    Participant

Actually, the Arms level tag is relative to Arms Level of the weapon. You’ll notice that when you create a custom single player game in the Env Tab there is a option for Arms level, what this is, is you can set the Arms level to a certain number and weapons that have that number or lower can be bought. Anything with a higher arms level cant be bought. Its for people who dont like to have nuke and otehr weapons of mass destruction against them, or the hard core guys who like to use only baby missiles and missiles and so on.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Regarding arms level, you are both right. It varies the amount of money for a kill and allows more destructive weapons to be disabled.

Ebonite
    Participant

would it be possible to code a weapon to hit the same spot in a sequential impact? basiaclly some kind of weapon that breaks up into 3 – 5 warheads in midair, all of which hit the same point, one after the other. or maybe even a repeated shot from the tank. something like this would be useful for “drilling” through large mountains, high peaks on “islands” maps, or those huge mounds of dirt in which someone might have buried themselves (accidentally or otherwise). don’t really need anything more than a baby missile sized explosion, or maybe a missile sized one, since the purpose is merely to clear a shot path through a lot of dirt.

Bobirov
    Participant

Ebonite,

I personally don’t know of a way to do that but that doesn’t mean its impossible. Perhaps someone else knows of a way, or else it would require a new tag.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

It may require a new tag, however how you tried making the lower most tag a WeaponMulti and seeing what that does. It may allow you to fire multiple weapons the same direction that way, I can’t remember off hand.

Bobirov
    Participant

Is it possible to not draw any texture when doing an explosion? I tried
    none and “off” as well as deleting the line altogether but to no avail.

When doing bombs that create or remove dirt, I think it’d look better to just not draw any texture. Especially with really large weapons when the texture is not big enough to cover the entire hole/mountain.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

Is it possible to not draw any texture when doing an explosion? I tried
    none and “off” as well as deleting the line altogether but to no avail.

When doing bombs that create or remove dirt, I think it’d look better to just not draw any texture. Especially with really large weapons when the texture is not big enough to cover the entire hole/mountain.

Not at the moment. Although I could easily add a none texture.
    However this would not be backward compatabile with previous 37 releases, so it would have to go into the next major release.

Perhaps we should start a thread of what we want to see added/changed to weapon definitions for the next major release.

Bobirov
    Participant

And for my latest creation heh. Have you ever wanted to dramatically alter the map? Well now you can. Just fire this bad boy into the clouds and watch it raise up an entire new landscape and bury everyone around in the process. Its a bit lengthy but man oh man is it funny to watch. Enjoy.

Terraform
    Raises dirt over a large
    portion of the map when fired
    high into the air.

tdirt.bmp

shoot/launch.wav

Terraform

Terraform
    no

down
    explosions/large.wav
    exp02

Terraform

Terraform

Terraform

Terraform

down
    no
    explosions/small.wav
    exp00

Terraform

Terraform

down
    no
    explosions/small.wav
    exp00

Terraform

Terraform

Terraform

Terraform

Terraform
    up
    no
    explosions/gloop.wav
    exp04

Terraform

Terraform

bomblet/bomblet.txt

Terraform
    no
    up
    exp03
    explosions/gloop.wav

Terraform

Terraform

Terraform

Terraform
    up
    no
    explosions/gloop.wav
    exp04

Terraform

Terraform

bomblet/bomblet.txt

Terraform
    no
    up
    exp03
    explosions/gloop.wav

Bobirov
    Participant

Here’s another one I made recently. It’s basically just a MIRV that releases Leap Frog warheads.

Bunny Bomb
    MIRV that releases several
    leaping warheads.

lfrog.bmp

shoot/large.wav
    bouncingbetty/bouncingbetty.txt

Bunny Bomb
    true

Bunny Bomb

Bunny Bomb

Bunny Bomb
    yes
    down
    exp01
    explosions/medium.wav

Bunny Bomb

Bunny Bomb

Bunny Bomb

Bunny Bomb
    yes
    down
    exp01
    explosions/medium.wav

Bunny Bomb

Bunny Bomb

Bunny Bomb

yes
    down
    exp01
    explosions/medium.wav

Skulling_Axe
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

Here’s another one I made recently. It’s basically just a MIRV that releases Leap Frog warheads.

Bunny Bomb

Thats close to the weapon i had suggested… see if you can make the lead frogs creat another mirv weapon that will release missiles. That would be a killer fanning weapon to get multiple targets

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.