This topic contains 64 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

dracon23
    Participant

For all those that are interested here is the first of the custom weapons that I have adjusted for the new version. It is called Hornet’s Nest. Originally created by Fever and posted in a previous topic. Just add it to your accessories.xml file and you will have a good game!! The price and bundle size should be adjusted as fits your own game needs. It is very lengthly due to the new definition style. Just add the approprate number of tabs before each line when you place it in the file.

❗ Remember to back up the file so that if you screw up you can fix it ❗

Hornet’s Nest
    Lauches a cloud of low-powered but guided projectiles.
    missile.bmp
    shoot/medium.wav icbm/icbm.txt Hornet’s Nest

Hornet’s Nest
    yes
    down
    exp00
    explosions/medium.wav

Hornet’s Nest

Hornet’s Nest
    4 icbm/icbm.txt Hornet’s Nest

Hornet’s Nest
    yes
    down
    exp00
    explosions/medium.wav

Hornet’s Nest

Hornet’s Nest
    4 icbm/icbm.txt Hornet’s Nest
    yes
    down
    exp00
    explosions/medium.wav

I know that this works because I use it all the time.

Hope you all can have fun with this. 8) I will post more in a few days.

dracon23

Anonymous
    Participant

Sweet – thanks. I know almost no code, so I’ve not ventured with making my own in 37. I could sort of hold my own with 36, but that was about it.

Please post others!

dracon23
    Participant

By popular demand 😉 here is another remake of a custom weapon originaly from 36x and is now compatable with 37x! just add the appropriate tabs to each line to finish the code. this one will be easier than the last! I will post a special weapon tomorrow! 8)

❗ Remember everybody to keep an original accessories.xml file backed up in case you mess it up! ❗

MOAB
    A ginormous conventional bomb
    nuke.bmp
    1 digger/digger.txt shoot/large.wav
    MOAB
    yes
    down
    exp00
    explosions/large.wav

Anonymous
    Participant

How do you add these? Do you need a special editor, or can you just open the accessories.xml in wordpad or what ever and add the lines?

Anonymous
    Participant

Nevermind… i figured it out on my own. You can use Word pad… you just have to line up the tags and stuff correctly

dracon23
    Participant

Hey! As I promissed here is another one that is fun to use but beware as it is hot stuff!

If any one finds any kind of problem or otherwise in the codes that I am posting please feel free to mention it. Even if it is just a configuration of price, explosion size, or something else. Feel free to comment!!

Napalm Mirv
    A projectile weapon that on reaching its highest point breaks into several napalm warheads which fan out in a random direction.
    mirv.bmp

shoot/large.wav clusterbomb.ase
    white.bmp
    Napalm Mirv
    true

Napalm Mirv
    6 0.2 bomblet/bomblet.txt Napalm Mirv
    explosions/napalm.wav

I definately want some feedback on this one! make any suggestions you like!

Anonymous
    Participant

Good stuff! Don’t know if you’re taking requests, but The Travolta was one of my favorites from V36.

dracon23
    Participant

Well, I finished that one already but i am unsatisfied with it. I had to scale it back because in the process of converting it to the new version it seemed to have gained power and destructive capability (and the ability to exponentionaly decrease framerate 😡 ). I will post the one I use now and if you feel like it leave a post/request or send me a private message and I will send/post the “full version” of the Travolta.

Again if you have any suggestions please post them ❗

To make it easier for people to add to their weapons list, the number in front of each line is the number of corresponding “tab’s” that need to be inserted at that point. And inorder to avoid confusion I also recomend that you edit the accessories.xml file with “notepad” (windows) and expand to full screen. Then copy/paste/and insert # of tabs.

happy bombing 😈

2The Travolta
    2Light this far away from yourself.
    2fbomb.bmp
    2icbm/icbm.txt 2shoot/launch.wav
    2 3The Travolta
    4The Travolta
    5The Travolta
    5bomb/bomb.txt 5 6The Travolta
    7The Travolta
    8The Travolta
    8bomb/bomb.txt 8 9The Travolta
    9yes
    9down
    9explosions/large.wav
    9exp02

7The Travolta
    7yes
    7down
    7explosions/large.wav
    7exp02

4The Travolta
    4yes
    4down
    4explosions/large.wav
    4exp02

Ebonite
    Participant

OK, how about Death’s Head that drops Rollers instead of impact warheads? Actually, I’d like one each of Baby Rollers, Baby Diggers, and Baby Missiles. :mrgreen: Thank you. 😉

ymmotrojam
    Participant

@[PDX]Ebonite² wrote:

OK, how about Death’s Head that drops Rollers instead of impact warheads? Actually, I’d like one each of Baby Rollers, Baby Diggers, and Baby Missiles. :mrgreen: Thank you. 😉

Maybe even a death’s head that drops napalm…

dracon23
    Participant

Maybe even a death’s head that drops napalm…

Didn’t you see the Napalm Mirv? Or are you just greedy? 😈
    Sure i’ll work on it. Those really are not to hard, just very tedious because of the new format for weapon definition’s. Give me a few days because I have a lot of college classwork to do right now amongst other things.

As a note to these custom weapons. As it was explained to me in an earlier post, these are no good if you join an internet/lan server with the intent to use them. This is because the server says exactly what is and is not allowed. BUT if you implement these and then begin your own server the all players will automatically be able to use them while playing. Which means a GREAT NETWORK PARTY!!! :mrgreen:

Any ways I can get it done within the weak (time permitting). I’ll post them as I churn them out.

dracon 23

Ebonite
    Participant

Yeah, I figured they would be unavailable on Multiplayer games, though, with “server defined” being the operative keyword, I might try more of the other servers out there. I just wanted to load up a custom game with 23 computer opponents and rain hell on them. 😈

dracon23
    Participant

I hope you are happy. Here is the first of the Death Head family. This one is the baby missle version 😀 It is called D.H. Baby for lack of a better name and name length.

Cost, Name, and Description may be changed if desired. and any feedback/constructive criticzm is welcome. The key word being “constructive” 😉

2D. H. Baby
    2A projectile weapon that on
    reaching its highest point releases
    many Baby missile warheads. These warheads fan
    out in a random direction.

2dhead.bmp
    2shoot/launch.wav
    23 2icbm/icbm.txt 2 3D. H. Baby
    3true
    4D. H. Baby
    4icbm/icbm.txt 4 5D. H. Baby
    5down
    5yes
    5explosions/small.wav
    5exp00

❗ Don’t forget to back your accessories.xml file if you have not already ❗

Anonymous
    Participant

I just had a thought for the name of that roller design. How about calling them Head Rollers? 🙂

Skulling_Axe
    Participant

Is it possible to make a weapon with the existing code that is like the mirv only instead of it faning out in a vertical line, it fans out in a perfectly straight horizontal line? That would be cool for mowing down a tank and doing some extra collateral damage at the same time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.