This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  apache64d 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Brain Damage
    Participant

rollers can go trought any shields, killing the player inside in a shot…

also missiles doesn’t bounce on force shields, they act as regular shields

Bobirov
    Participant

I checked this out a bit. It seems like it works okay in some mods and it doesn’t work in others. I tested this out in Apoc and shields are working just like they’re supposed to. But in the ‘none’ mod, the collision with the shield isn’t occuring and the rollers are going straight through. I haven’t seen the reflect shields not reflect a projectile yet though. But, I haven’t done a ton of testing.

There is definately some issue here though, I just haven’t been able to pinpoint exactly why it works in some mods and doesn’t work in others. I was thinking it may be due to the fact that rollers in Apoc have a small shieldhurtfactor, but I tried adding one to the none mod and that didn’t seem to have any effect, the rollers still went straight through. So I really don’t know what is going on there.

Brain Damage
    Participant

ok i have to correct, ANYTHING goes trougth shields, not just rollers, even baby missiles can hit the player inside going trougth shields.

i tested with both heavy shields & force shields with mod “none”; missiles went trought; it does not happends always.
    After the bug showed up it will keep happening; if the bug didn’t showed up then the shield will behave regular (my belives are that it’s related to the round or something like that)

Bobirov
    Participant

@Brain Damage wrote:

ok i have to correct, ANYTHING goes trougth shields, not just rollers, even baby missiles can hit the player inside going trougth shields.

i tested with both heavy shields & force shields with mod “none”; missiles went trought; it does not happends always.
    After the bug showed up it will keep happening; if the bug didn’t showed up then the shield will behave regular (my belives are that it’s related to the round or something like that)

I disagree with this. I was testing it out and shields were working just fine on other projectiles. The only thing that was passing through them was rollers. I suppose the issue varies greatly. But I definately had rollers pass through a shield and then shot a projectile straight into the shield and it collided like it should.

Brain Damage
    Participant

well i do have some witnesses, TheOne & Rene saw baby missiles going trought force & heavy shields (i asked them to shoot bbm to me and watch closely and i got my force shield broken up by a bbm since it hit spot on my tank inside), it didn’t happened every round but sometimes it did…

Irishbandit
    Participant

YEAH!!!!!

Bobirov
    Participant

Well, thats why I said that it varies greatly obviously. Because in my testing the only thing going through the shields were rollers. I made it a point to shoot a roller straight into the top of a shield and the projectile collided with the shield like it was supposed to but the rollers then fell straight through the shield.

All my testing was in single player though. Its possible that things change once you start trying things in multiplayer.

Bobirov
    Participant

Did a bit of multiplayer Apoc action with Thrax and we never had anything go through a shield once. Could have used some more players but so far I’ve only seen this issue when playing the default mod. I have no idea why that is. Could just be coincidence I suppose, as the problem is intermittent.

Thrax
    Participant

Rats Rats Rats!!! LaserProof was altered.
    Half the weapons on ScorchWars are now useless.
    or.. not so much useless, an Redundant..
    Either the laser hits or it doesn’t.
    there’s no level of penetration based on size of laser or shield.

All the beta versions i’d been testing lead me to believe the method
    was set, so i developed level’s of weapons and shield’s to use them.

Bobirov
    Participant

I think that laserproofing needs to be more configurable than it is. First off, I think that laserproof should be changed from a boolean value, to a long value so that if you say 1.0, no damage makes it through, 0.5 would be 50 percent damage can make it through (provided the shield isn’t so big that the laser can’t reach the player, just like it was before).

Secondly, I think there should be boolean value to toggle whether or not lasers can damage the shield. If shield damage from lasers is turned on, then the shield’s penetration value could effect how much damage the shield can take from lasers, just like it does from explosions and other damaging primitives.

Changing those two things would make laserproofing a lot more configurable than just the current “on/off” toggle that we have now. Even the way they were before was more configurable than it is now as you could adjust the size of the shield to get different effects.

Just something to think about for a future release. 😉

apache64d
    Participant

This happened to me too..every weapon goes “through” the force shield…
    I saw a nuke getting into tauch with the blue shiny force shield and then the nuke just vanished. No harm to the player inside the shield but it harmed the shield..also saw no reflection..just a almost self kill of the p;ayer that shot that nuke…:) suddenly a big hole was 2 inches from him.
    I have the 40.1b. BOb, BD have u seen it only on the 40.1? or at the new patch too?

Gavin?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.