This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 12 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

I’d like to propose a suggestion that when 39 rolls…

Vet players and non Vet players give it a “ramp up” tweek.

Before exploits are recognized and used for “stacking stats”. Not that it’s been an issue in the past, but when a new Version rolls there is a learning curve that follows.

Maybe a 2 week MySQL ranking “time out” would be in order for people to acclimatize to the features that they are naive to.

GRRRRR the shield test did (FLOP) We lived with that…

Can we have that removed or tamed down?

The banking feature (for Vets) has been used to exploit naive players and I’m sorry for making this a last call request but the interest rate for round 1 should probably be cut in 1/2.

Parity makes it more interesting. Maybe Wowbag, would agree with me… We know the twists and turns on it, (the margin). vs. (placement).

Other than experience, in manipulation of interest ( you may recall sell rounds ) and personal prefs (vector shots) {I use 51 degrees}…

We can always adapt to the battlefield… can the battlefield adapt to us?

The answer is probally not.

The question is are we losing the gameplay by virtue of ambient and visual enhancements (see the POV) thread.

(Plus to mention “ultra weapons” in mod servers).

H20 should have an effect rather than the non escape restricted movement of the (shield test) configuration.

Before 39 rolls, can a value be applied to H20?

Thanks for my taking thoughts into consideration in advance.

Apollo

UHM! if it delays 39, I’m sorry but H20 has been used as a weapon. (I’ll elaborate on it if you need me to).

BOY
    Participant

I think its too late to make any big changes to v39, but the issues you raised with stats are valid. From the pre-release version of 39 I have played, the shields have not changed and are identical to shieldtest mod, not sure how ppl will like that…….other than the fix with the roller/shield bug its the same. though, IMO, the shieldtest settings are still better than before due to defense against diggers. Also, the shieldtest settings allows for survival in many cases against Deaths Heads.

The learning curve idea and the exploint of noobs is not a critical issue in my view but it’s certainly worth addressing The idea of a “regulars” server and “noob” server has been floated around, and might take shape soon I think.

SPYRER
    Participant

Those are some valid points and well put, but with Gavin stating he is on the final tweak perhaps they will be update later

Deathstryker
    Participant

There’s a prerelease version? *looks around for it*

BOY
    Participant

I got if from a guy who has his own mod and needed it so he could tweek things and update tags i guess 😉 . I helped with a bit of bug hunting, which it looks like v39 is about free of ❗ 😀

Willis
    Participant

Hmm, *gets ready to get shot at*, considering yes in scorched the rich get richer and the poor get poor(er) – could it be setup for an interest array?

Say 0->100,000 interest is .33 (current)
    100,001 -> 300,000 interest is .15
    300,001 -> 500,000 interest is .05
    500,001 + interest is null.

something along that “concept” is what im thinking,maybe even start cutting interest to null at 300k or lower(?) .. again its theory.. caps on money is nothing new to games and theres no need to lower any caps here – the money is merely made by not spending and then endulging in the money later. 🙄

cbx550f
    Participant

@AT wrote:

Maybe a 2 week MySQL ranking “time out” would be in order for people to acclimatize to the features that they are naive to.

I agree in concept, but given that this is the same for everyone, I really see no need.

@boy wrote:

the fix with the roller/shield bug….

I hear about this from time to time – still don’t know what it is. lol Maybe it’s time I do a search. 😉

@willis wrote:

Amber, I think Ebo’s gonna need to be held when he reads this!

BOY
    Participant

I would vote for ANYTHING that lowers interest (which can be done anytime). Perhaps when there is a “regulars” server that can be done?….hmmm that might hadicap the folks coming in from the noob server and discourage players to be regulars though…. not sure. perhaps better to do for both servers. perhaps the best reason is what apollo stated, the experienced players have the advantage in skill and in banking knowledge to a HUGE degree. The tendency is always of course for noobs to spend too much money at the first chance. but would less interest hadicap them further? Willis’ idea then comes into play, I think i like it. my idea is for each $100,000 in bank, interest is lowered by 10%

I just thought of one counter productive thing about a “timeout” for the stats.
    Anyone who got to participate and learn during the timeout WOULD have essentially padded thier stats, not by kills, but by efficiency. The regulars would then have an even greater advantage over the regular people who play less because many of them will come along and play long after the timeout has ended.

Sondra
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

@willis wrote:

Amber, I think Ebo’s gonna need to be held when he reads this!

Yep he will… Where did I put the ropes?

Irishbandit
    Participant

Ebo, what about me i want my $999,999. While we are at it think the shields need to be turned off like the interest for *regular* players.

I hate shields!!!!!!!!!!!

Panther30
    Participant

shields are not a problem….

sleestak
    Participant

On Willis’ idea, I’d set an absolute cap at $50,000. Anything above that level earns 0 interest. Pro players will still grow income, but at a much slower and equitable rate, while novice players can still acquire some interest by doing nothing.

jdog
    Participant

@sleestak wrote:

On Willis’ idea, I’d set an absolute cap at $50,000. Anything above that level earns 0 interest. Pro players will still grow income, but at a much slower and equitable rate, while novice players can still acquire some interest by doing nothing.

I disagree on that 50000 is a small amount of cash for a novice to have and while pros can get more with a lot of people playing getting cash can be hard.

cbx550f
    Participant

Maybe we should add that if someone gets ahead by more than three kills their screen goes black until they are even again.

badshot
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Maybe we should add that if someone gets ahead by more than three kills their screen goes black until they are even again.

Good point. as about interest and newbies:

Consider you lowered interest. Most of money is obtained from kills. Now, newbies are not any better as they rarely get a kill.
    What’s about instead of
    money’=money*interest
    at each round
    (where interest is >1)
    use
    money’=money*interest2+funding
    where interest2 is smaller than current interest, and funding is nonzero
    We will have that graphs:

|
    |
    | / .
    | / .
    | /.
    | . /
    |. /
    | /
    |/
    +
    > current money

(vertical axis is next money)
    (sorry for poor ASCII drawing.)

where dots correspond to the new banking and / to old
    As you can see, below intersection point, you get more money than before, and above you get less.
    Also, this thing is simple to understand: you get interest(lower than in current version servers) plus constant sum.
    It can be adjusted that intersection happens at 20 000. Veterans usually don’t get below 20 000 , and newbies are always there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.