This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 5 years ago.

• Author

DireWolf
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

So am I to go more towards scale or cartoon/lighthearted style?

Is it to be playful or more realistic leaning?

Armor

If you are looking for opinions I would suggest scale, but I would also be curious to see what you would do as far as the cartoon/lighthearted style.

Realistic IMHO

Another thought…….. Do we really need 3 sizes of dirt bombs? I would say no, I feel anything bigger than a dirtclod is overkill, this is only my opinion, I am curious how others feel about this.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I shall throw the wolf a bone.. 😆

Ok below you see a meshing of the two. For example (rough concept i have been working on so far)

The funky bomb will be fired from your tank
    The funkybomblets will explode in all directions
    The funkybomblets release parachutes and drift towards targets
    Funky bomb impact explodes when bomblets explode

Semi-Realistic, yet keeping the same characteristics of the weapon.

Armor

DireWolf
    Participant

I think the non lighthearted approach would be better, although it is pretty cool minus the Hotdog stand multi-colored chute. 😯

Scorched 3D is an upgrade of Scorched Earth…. “duh” Scorched Earth has been around for many years and players are familiar with the original weapon choices, there have been many new weapons in the real world created, some of which have been showcased in the AWE server, The question I am slowly getting to is…… Does Gavin want S3D to be a 3D copy of SE in 3D, or an updated version of SE in 3D? if he is looking to have a 3D copy, the weapons should stay the same…. no changes but texturesanimation and such, being a tribute to SE, but if S3D is an updated version of SE then I think some of the weapons made in the real world since SE was created should be considered.

Alot of us older Bastages played the original back in the day and fell in love, then found Scorched 3D and fell in love all over again, BUT…….. with Nintendo, the Xbox and the playstation, pc gaming is not what it used to be, most of the younger generation have never even heard of SE, so S3D does not appeal to them like some of us older folk who played SE and watched gaming grow into what it is today.
    So the concept of S3D being a 3D remake of SE is lost to that crowd, I ask this be considered.

If anyone disagrees that is cool, I am entitled to my opinion as they are theirs, I love this game and always will……

ArmorWraith
    Participant

ah, perhaps the forum title is abit misleading. I am not replacing the original mod, i am creating a seperate test server for gavs consideration. I doubt the classic will ever be over and done with. I am offering him a new mod to package with the game that is very close to the none mod, just tweaked :).

I repeat, nothing is replacing the original mod. Im just trying some stuff.

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Baby Rollers= Short Fuze + small exp
    Rollers= Normal Fuze + Avg exp
    Heavy Rollers= Longer Fuze + Heavy exp

This sound ok?

Armor

DireWolf
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

ah, perhaps the forum title is abit misleading. I am not replacing the original mod, i am creating a seperate test server for gavs consideration. I doubt the classic will ever be over and done with. I am offering him a new mod to package with the game that is very close to the none mod, just tweaked :).

I repeat, nothing is replacing the original mod. Im just trying some stuff.

Armor

I understood the title, I am just being me, a person who thinks waaay too much, I would never want to replace the original, I was just suggesting that consideration be givin to trying out a few new weapons, not scrapping the game and starting over, a weapons update was what I was asking the admins and Gavin to consider, not to replace everything or even most, just a few more weapons and considering the distance the rollers roll.
    if I seem like I am stepping on toes I am sorry, there are not many players giving ideas right now so I wanted to show some enthusiasm.
    I am happy with the main server, except the fact that hardly anyone goes to it, I dont feel that trying out a few weapons would be such a bad thing, considering it would be a test mod, but I also did not create this game, and would understand if nothing is changed, I would still love playing it.

BOY
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

So am I to go more towards scale or cartoon/lighthearted style?

Is it to be playful or more realistic leaning?

Armor

In whatever way it is changed I always vote for something that reflects the original game. The funky bomb sound and some of the others were never very “serious” or realistic. The explosions and textures were more stylized. So I would go for a clean stylized look.

I very much like the styling of the sights and sounds of your AWE mod. So I think we can trust your taste in terms of the looks 🙂

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I am still working on this, as a side note. I have not forgotten. It will be a reload mod, not a rennovation.

I have changed the way weapons function, sound, and look. Though they will play the same. I am also in the process of tweaking shields for it, should be fun.

Armor

Keep the ember alive for long enough gentlemen and we may have a blaze and soon after get ourselves scorched!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.