This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 5 years ago.

• Author

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I cant help but notice the main server has fallen behind abit graphics wise. Some players have also mentioned that tree counts could be optomized better for lower end pc’s.

Would anyone be against me changing the way main looks and feels. The weapons will still be the same, same function ect.

Post any thoughts or suggestions on the matter here.

Main could use some new sound effects, explosion textures, and models in my opinion.

If I can get enough suggestions, I could start pretty soon, with a beta available sometime mid may.

Ive noticed a couple things so far:
    -Napalm does not sap health over time, instead it takes large chunks of life
    -Explosions have gain issues, some are much louder than others, which really hurts the ears
    -The Apache noise needs to be trimmed down
    -An explosion needs to be added to ship/plane missiles. Non damaging, or deforming.

Armor

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

I cant help but notice the main server has fallen behind abit graphics wise. Some players have also mentioned that tree counts could be optomized better for lower end pc’s.

Would anyone be against me changing the way main looks and feels. The weapons will still be the same, same function ect.

Post any thoughts or suggestions on the matter here.

Main could use some new sound effects, explosion textures, and models in my opinion.

If I can get enough suggestions, I could start pretty soon, with a beta available sometime mid may.

Ive noticed a couple things so far:
    -Napalm does not sap health over time, instead it takes large chunks of life
    -Explosions have gain issues, some are much louder than others, which really hurts the ears
    -The Apache noise needs to be trimmed down
    -An explosion needs to be added to ship/plane missiles. Non damaging, or deforming.

Armor

I’m all for it, for me setting changes shouldn’t be made mid series and we missed the last one for some important tweaks, so they could be bundled together.
    A more stable scorched that looks nicer and runs better. Sounds like a winner to me. Something that we can hit our old scorching buddies with that might entice them back and a more enjoyable and better looking game for any newbs we’re lucky enough to stumble in from the cold.

The person who’s opinion rides above all others when it comes to the ‘none’ mod is Gavin, it’s his precise little baby project, not sure I’d want some pubescent boy messing with my lil girl 😀

Suggestion to follow and I’m sure many opions will be voiced from here on other poeples opinions 😉

Chopper
    Participant

No doubt Gavin needs to approve, but AW is more than capable.
    Have you played on his server Peanut? Blows my mind…….in fact its downright scary.

That guy
    Participant

I would love to see it updated.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

What do you think Gav?

I use particle illusion and photoshop for texturing models and explosions.

The sound effects end will need to be handled carefully, I can only record certain things, but im sure Lappy has the resources for some better sounds. You a sound meister by chance Lappy?

I would also like input on adjusting prices here, I can balance those as I go through. I hear the main complaint is sandhogs at the moment.

Im going over the original scorched earth videos and come up with some nice ideas concerning ours.

I am definitely going to change the leap frog model. Bouncing betties are nice, just not aerodynamic.

Armor

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Sounds great. The work you have done on AWE is very good.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

I would also like input on adjusting prices here, I can balance those as I go through. I hear the main complaint is sandhogs at the moment.
    Armor

I hope you have more luck than I did with pricing feedback.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

In order to continue with my ideas.. I need your guys input. What would you like to see changed in the main server. Graphically speaking. I will not be changing damage or pricing yet. Right now We need good concepts for weapons…

Eg) Funky bomb with sharks teeth..

Im working on it, just need to know what you like 🙂

Armor

DireWolf
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

In order to continue with my ideas.. I need your guys input. What would you like to see changed in the main server. Graphically speaking. I will not be changing damage or pricing yet. Right now We need good concepts for weapons…

Eg) Funky bomb with sharks teeth..

Im working on it, just need to know what you like 🙂

Armor

The funky does need an update, personally I like the graphic but the Black bombs are a bit large.
    I think the sticky bomb and a couple of grenade choices would be nice, also… not to beat a dead dog but the rollers……. they could use a new look and roll a longer distance.

Chopper
    Participant

Sticky rollers

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

Sticky rollers

Only sticky rollers if they’re a seperate weapon, which I don’t think should happen, different weapons that is, that’s a job the modders do gr8 as is.

Rollers should roll a little longer, maybe 750-1000ms longer, but their should also be a difference in mass between baby rollers, rollers and heavy rollers and therefore will react to their environment differently.

Napalm should work underwater (I’m led to believe it did in the original).

Diggers/Hogs, would be cool if the missile casing was transparent and you could see all the tiny riots/missiles jiggling inside.

I agree something should be done about the black bomb-let of funkies, perhaps a pulsating ball of light to pick the obvious.

The UI could do with classing and polishing up a little, preferably more compact too (wind indicator as a translucent arrow on the minimap).

If possible, the sea should move in properly when some land is removed, instead it’s a stream texture or something, would be great if could be done more naturally.

The lava base texture on some of the maps is hiddeous when water’s turned off, could that be made a touch softer on the eyes?

That’ll do for now 😉

ArmorWraith
    Participant

The functionality for main is all there. Im only going to make it look different. Things like sticky rollers and water proof napalm are really going to be up to players after I get the fundamental mod working.

If players deem them worthy, then well see.

Yeah roller model needs updated, and properly scaled with weapon size.

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io3LjftP6YQ&feature=related

^
    been watching that for inspiration.. have a couple ideas

Armor

DireWolf
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

The functionality for main is all there. Im only going to make it look different. Things like sticky rollers and water proof napalm are really going to be up to players after I get the fundamental mod working.

If players deem them worthy, then well see.

Yeah roller model needs updated, and properly scaled with weapon size.

Armor

Sounds great, will there be a test server open to everyone to test drive this sucker?

ArmorWraith
    Participant

So am I to go more towards scale or cartoon/lighthearted style?

Is it to be playful or more realistic leaning?

Armor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.