This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Belezebub
    Participant

Hi Armour,

I tried loading in your new mod.
    I keep getting error – “Failed to find any tank models that match the current team (0), AI (NO) and tanktype (tank).”
    I’m running Windows XP (yeah I know).
    Any ideas??

[attachment=0:1c298xcu]AWE_TANKMODEL-error.jpg[/attachment:1c298xcu]

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Hey B!

That’s a very strange error for you to be receiving. The only time I have ever seen that error is when the tank types are left undefined, or unable to reference the type tank.

Did your download get interrupted by any chance when you were connected to the server? That has caused a few issues already.

I recommend a fresh download from the server. Flush your local mod files. They can be found by:

– preform a windows search for a folder called .scorched3d
    *it is usually located in your OS C:// drive/users/username/
    – once you locate the folder, double click on it, inside will be a folder called mods
    – inside the mods folder you will find a folder called awe, delete it
    – reconnect to the server and see if it resolves your issue

if you cannot locate the .scorched 3d folder, try preforming a search for the awe folder

Let me know if this works for you!

Armor

Belezebub
    Participant

Hi Armor,

I did just what you said, it downloaded the whole package, but failed with the same message.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Hey B,

That’s so strange, no one else has had an issue with it after re-downloading. I have triple checked the tank types and they are indeed there and correct. It may be a problem with XP after all.

I will talk with Gavin to see if he can troubleshoot this, unfortunately I don’t have access to an XP os or computer.

Get back to you soon,

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Hey B,

In your Scorched 3D settings, turn tank detail up to max, and see if that fixes your issue. It actually does not slow down your computer, as most of the models I have made are low poly anyway.

Let me know if that helps.

Armor

Belezebub
    Participant

Hi Armor,

I tried the tank detail settings at max and at minimal.
    It failed with that same error each time.

It just doesn’t like me!!! ](*,)

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Have you been able to get it to work offline?

Try launching a custom game from the main menu. Let me know if you get any errors.

I was able to reproduce your error perfectly, but that setting fixed it for me. hmmm

Let me know,

Armor

Belezebub
    Participant

Hi Armor,

I played around with my settings and put back some of the textures I had removed.
    I had taken out the water effects, that way I could see you even under water.
    And now … KA-PLAH, I played my first round of AWE OFFICIAL HOME V44!!

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Hey B,

Good to hear! If you hold the W key in game, you can make the water transparent, which will allow you to see under it.

Welcome back mate!

Armor

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.