This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 5 years, 6 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #7653

    Belezebub
    Participant

    I just upgraded to 43.3
    The install went well. (or so I thought!)
    However, now when I try to join any of the game servers, the window closes out
    and I’m back to the initial screen where you click on “Play Online”

    Any Ideas on how to correct this?

    #64914

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

    @belezebub wrote:

    I just upgraded to 43.3
    The install went well. (or so I thought!)
    However, now when I try to join any of the game servers, the window closes out
    and I’m back to the initial screen where you click on “Play Online”

    Any Ideas on how to correct this?

    you could try this
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/scorched3d/files/scorched3d/Version%2043.3/Scorchedc-43.3b.zip/download

    Or follow the thread @ viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6582

    A few of us have been having a few issues.
    The latest post from gavin sorted my problems (slightly different to yours I think), but it’s a debug version that’s quite slow to run, so try the first link and see if that works first.

    Make a copy of your scorched3dc.exe file, then extract that zip into your scorched3d folder overwiting the original (but backed up) scorched3dc.exe.

    #64915

    Belezebub
    Participant

    Thanks PeanutsRevenge ,
    I gave what you suggested a try and it worked.
    The only thing is now it’s not compatible with 43.3d, I’m now running 43.3b
    Is there any way to fix that?
    I’d like to be ready when the Raptor server comes back online.

    #64916

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

    @belezebub wrote:

    Thanks PeanutsRevenge ,
    I gave what you suggested a try and it worked.
    The only thing is now it’s not compatible with 43.3d, I’m now running 43.3b
    Is there any way to fix that?
    I’d like to be ready when the Raptor server comes back online.

    All changed again 😀

    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6594

    Everyone needs to be on 43.3b. If you didn’t download this, get it and install just incase!

    #64917

    Belezebub
    Participant

    Ok, now I’m confused.
    I thought 43.3d was the current version???

    #64918

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    Everyone needs to be on 43.3b. If you didn’t download this, get it and install just incase!

    Think that was just a typo. He meant d.

    #64919

    Belezebub
    Participant

    ok, thanks!

    #64920

    Belezebub
    Participant

    Well, I’m back to square 1.
    I’ve run the 43.3d update again, and getting the same response I did initially.
    When I launch it, and try to join a server, it crashes.
    Is there anything else I can try to make this work?

    #64921

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    Hi sorry for the late reply, Sourceforge wasn’t accepting new files for some reason.

    Anyway here is a debug version of scorched3d (just the client):
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/scorched3d/files/scorched3d/Version%2043.3d/Scorchedc-43.3d-debug1.zip/download

    Unzip the contents in the Scorched3D directory (usualy c:program filesscorched3d), overwriting files that are already there. If you double click on the crashDump.reg file (registry settings file) it will tell windows to create small dump files for programs that crash. I can use these dump files to see why its crashing on your machine. The dump files are created in c:windowstemp (you’ll need to edit the crashDump.reg file if windows is in a different location).

    So the idea is this:
    1) use the crashDump.reg file.
    2) Unzip the new scorchedc.exe binary in place of the existing binary
    3) run scorched3d as normal (the titile of the client will now say debug) (it may run slower using this debug version)
    4) If scorched3d crashes
    5) there should be a dump file in the c:windowstemp directory which you can zip and send to me.

    #64922

    Belezebub
    Participant

    Hi GCamp,

    Thank you for your response.
    I did everything just as you prescribed.
    However, when I try to join a server, and it crashes.
    There is no log file generated.
    I checked my C: Temp folder, I also did a search *.log
    I could find nothing.

    #64923

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

    @belezebub wrote:

    Hi GCamp,

    Thank you for your response.
    I did everything just as you prescribed.
    However, when I try to join a server, and it crashes.
    There is no log file generated.
    I checked my C: Temp folder, I also did a search *.log
    I could find nothing.

    The obvious first thing to check is that you imported the .reg file to your registry and it accepted it?

    Just a double click and ‘yes’ should be all that’s needed.

    #64924

    Belezebub
    Participant

    Yes, this was done.
    I clicked on the reg file and accepted it, more than once.

    #64925

    Belezebub
    Participant

    I just did it again.
    Still no dump file created

    #64926

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    Just a note to say this was fixed, he was actualy banned by an over zealous admin, and that is why he couldnt connect!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.