This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BigBear 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Deathbal
    Participant

Keep funkies bombs the way they are, but make the bomblets 80-100 power each, or all 100. This way the funkies won’t be over powering. but somewhat useful with a good shot.

Rollers. Keep them as is but lessen the kill box so that a regular shield has a purpose. Right now the rollers detonate on a regular shield making it useless.

BigBear
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

Keep funkies bombs the way they are, but make the bomblets 80-100 power each, or all 100. This way the funkies won’t be over powering. but somewhat useful with a good shot.

Rollers. Keep them as is but lessen the kill box so that a regular shield has a purpose. Right now the rollers detonate on a regular shield making it useless.

My loathing of the old funky stops me to say anything else than that I rather enjoy the present state of the weapon. It’s not like such a change would bring up the past reign of the funky, but as far as I am concerned it can stay as it is.

Regarding the rollers I’d agree that they didn’t really need a boost, so I would tend to agree. However, if so then the hogs need to be reconsidered as well since they have been given an unnessesary boost as well.

Thrax
    Participant

The action of gavins new funky may be less intended than you think…

There still seems to be a huccup in the Aimed-Over tags, shots
    sent from it have more power (2x almost) than expected.

Every weapon that uses it, launches it’s projectiles way
    past the usual target-area.

Deathbal
    Participant

Have the hogs been given a boost? I really didn’t notice. I don’t think it’s something they needed either.

Thrax
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

Have the hogs been given a boost? I really didn’t
    notice. I don’t think it’s something they needed either.

not that i’ve seen, Hogs use the Aimed-Under tag for aiming, and
    Funkies use the Aimed-Over.

Since aimedunder points it directly at the tanks feet, it’s not effected.
    The aimed-over is supposed to aim it arc’d at the nearest target, and
    having it now given more power than expected, every projectile misses
    it’s mark by a long-way.

BigBear
    Participant

Bad phrasing on my part. They were not changed or boosted per se, but the physics engine is new which has resulted in some weapons behaving slightly different from before.

Bobirov
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

The aimed-over is supposed to aim it arc’d at the nearest target, and
    having it now given more power than expected, every projectile misses
    it’s mark by a long-way.

Could we please fix this so that WeaponAimedOver roughly works like it did in 40.1? I really don’t want to have to go through ever single weapon I have ever made that uses WeaponAimedOver, and manually adjust it to compensate for this undesired behaviour. Because if I do, right about then the next version will come out and it will be back like it was and I’ll have to ‘unfix’ everything.

Please, just hardcode a velocity reduction for WeaponAimedOver or something that makes them roughly function like they used to and I’ll be happy. 😛

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Sure, I’ll fix it. Seems fair.

Bobirov
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Sure, I’ll fix it. Seems fair.

Many thanks. 🙂

BOY
    Participant

I seem to remember the new funky was a bit better at aiming during the development of v41. Perhaps aimed over wasn’t adjusted to the newest physics engine changes?

My funkys last night were very unreliable, not at all like they origially worked when put into the dev release. i did manage to aim a bit farther out, and got some kills though.

Rollers,
    I think that the new rollers should probably work constistenly with however they react to trees. If they explode on trees they should explode on shields.

scaling the size and power of the explosions even a little to meet up better with shield size and power will do a lot to rebalance the weapon and can all be done by xml, no need for gavin’s SkillZ. 😉

Reduce roller bomb damage to 0.5 (50%)
    reduce the all the explosions sizes by about -1.0 radius. If the baby rollers have the right size explosions, the tank will suffer only a little damage.

They should of course, bonce off of Force shields though.

Deathbal
    Participant

Rollers probably should not detonate on bubbles at all. Any of them. At the moment, they are by far the most common weapon. They are probably too good. They should have some drawbacks.

I’d also rather see the funkies stay as is over going back to the old.

BOY
    Participant

historically, the rollers rolled off the bubles, that is the way it was in the original most of the time. In fact the rollers were so simple that all they did was explode on the first incline they reached.

perhaps they shoudl go back to being like that? as long as they are not trapped against the shield they would not explode.

If you ask me, those darn rollers are simply way to bouncy, they should be more like rocks, not basketballs. Odd, but the old reddish versions of the rollers looked more like basketballs but behaved more like rocks. 🙂

How about this for a physics change.

When the acceleration AND velocity of the roller are both very small, the roller eplodes. It should have nothing to do with the tank or shield or tree, a roller is s simple bomb, its little spikes should be removed anyway and made back to the reddish spheres 🙂

about the funky, I’m saying that the NEW version of the funky was better that this sometime during development. The funky was developed using the new tags available, but not necessarily when the changes to the physics engine were finished.

Deathbal
    Participant

I like the little spikes on the rollers 😆 . I think we all do. I agree that they should roll more. I’m not sure you could improve much on the physics of last versions rollers. Except I do like the way they move with the current under water.

Thrax
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

I like the little spikes on the rollers 😆 . I think we all do. I agree that they should roll more. I’m not sure you could improve much on the physics of last versions rollers. Except I do like the way they move with the current under water.

They still bounce a bit more than expected, often Over the target..
    Sometimes stick to mags, stop while rolling up-hill, and roll backward
    while moving forward.. but they definately go boom when they’re
    supposed to.

Chopper
    Participant

Just dont mess with da hammers…… 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.