This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 13 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Deathstryker
    Participant

I figure I’d make a new post since the forums have been dead for a couple of days.

I was playing Scorched3D today and noticed that when you have the shot cam enabled and launch a Funky Bomb, the camera tries to track all the individual spreading explosions causing a rather shaky camera. Could you make the camera center in the middle of them (but of course keep all of them in view) to prevent this?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Yeah its dull when things get stable, I’ll need to make another release 🙂

The shot cam thing is always a bit of problem. I’ll have another look at it.
    BTW Does anyone use the action camera?

Ebonite
    Participant

I do. I like it a lot, and find myself wishing there was a keyboard shortcut for it. I find it a better perch for watching outgoing fire than the shot cam because it shows a wider angle of the impact zone, and stays longer instead of zipping back to my tank right away. Makes a damage assessment much easier. 😈

It does have some issues while in a simultaneous game, wherein the cam tries to follow the most action at a given moment, and in that attempt jumps from location to location on the map, which, unfortunately, results in most of the camera time being spent on sweeping and zooming. The action it does catch, however, is much more informative than the distant “spectator” view.

I have noticed, or it seems to me at least, that the camera tries to predict the next occurance, such that many of the events that are captured are shown from the warhead impact until the end of the explosion, whereupon the camera moves again, seeking the next “scheduled” event. Several times, though, the camera has attempted to shift before completing its current shift, resulting in looking at the dead space (the “no-man’s land” which has nothing going on) in the middle of two or more events, or perhaps catching an event off in the distance.

I have also noticed the shaky camera while Death’s Head and Funky Bomb explosions are going off, but I just figured it was the force of the explosions rocking the island and thought it was a neat effect, rather than an error of some sort. I don’t use Funky Bombs myself, and thus have only witnessed them when a destroyed tank drops one during its death throes. Most of the time that has happened, I was in the shot cam mode, and, having watched my shot all the way into my target, the camera is on the way back to my tank by the time the Funky Bomb really gets going. The action cam does its best to follow everything, but again, it can only capture so much at one time, and everything seems to be going off at once during a Funky Bomb and a Death’s Head.

Deathstryker
    Participant

There’s an action cam? ❓ lol.

Hey, even if the Shot Cam is kinda buggy, don’t lose hope. It’s still my favorite camera view.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I do. I like it a lot, and find myself wishing there was a keyboard shortcut for it. I find it a better perch for watching outgoing fire than the shot cam because it shows a wider angle of the impact zone, and stays longer instead of zipping back to my tank right away. Makes a damage assessment much easier. 😈

Ah, glad someone uses it.
    I think it should be shortcutted as the number 9 key.

It does have some issues while in a simultaneous game, wherein the cam tries to follow the most action at a given moment, and in that attempt jumps from location to location on the map, which, unfortunately, results in most of the camera time being spent on sweeping and zooming. The action it does catch, however, is much more informative than the distant “spectator” view.

Yeah this is a problem when lots of events happen at the same time. It always goes for the newest event. How about I change it so once it is on the way to a event it stays there for the whole event.

I have noticed, or it seems to me at least, that the camera tries to predict the next occurance, such that many of the events that are captured are shown from the warhead impact until the end of the explosion, whereupon the camera moves again, seeking the next “scheduled” event.

Yes, infact it uses information from the server to decide what is about to happen. Since the server has already calculated the entire rounds outcome before the clients ever get to see it 🙂

Several times, though, the camera has attempted to shift before completing its current shift, resulting in looking at the dead space (the “no-man’s land” which has nothing going on) in the middle of two or more events, or perhaps catching an event off in the distance.

Same problem as above I think.

I have also noticed the shaky camera while Death’s Head and Funky Bomb explosions are going off, but I just figured it was the force of the explosions rocking the island and thought it was a neat effect, rather than an error of some sort. I don’t use Funky Bombs myself, and thus have only witnessed them when a destroyed tank drops one during its death throes. Most of the time that has happened, I was in the shot cam mode, and, having watched my shot all the way into my target, the camera is on the way back to my tank by the time the Funky Bomb really gets going. The action cam does its best to follow everything, but again, it can only capture so much at one time, and everything seems to be going off at once during a Funky Bomb and a Death’s Head.

The camera shake during large explosions is intentional, however I think the mentioned shaking is a different problem cause by the camera not knowing what shot to follow.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.