This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 11 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

sideburns
    Participant

fI’m new to this game, but an old fan of the original. I have two suggestions, and a tip for other newbies.

First: Turrets should be better armored than mobile units if possible and in any case, shouldn’t be mobile. I find it rather weird that I can walk a battleship turret across the map!

Second: Underwater damage should be higher, but the blast radius lower. This should be fairly easy, and would mimic the real world quite well.

Last: If you want to learn about all the weapons, play single-player in Apocc mod. Go into the Advanced Settings and check Infinite Everything.

jdog
    Participant

@sideburns wrote:

fI’m new to this game, but an old fan of the original. I have two suggestions, and a tip for other newbies.

First: Turrets should be better armored than mobile units if possible and in any case, shouldn’t be mobile. I find it rather weird that I can walk a battleship turret across the map!

IF this was as easy as you say, it wouldn’t still be on the TODO list like is has been for the last year.

Second: Underwater damage should be higher, but the blast radius lower. This should be fairly easy, and would mimic the real world quite well.

Again, no this isn’t easy to do, as of right now there is no way the game can change the blast radius useless it is done in the Accessories.xml file and even then it can’t change it based on if you hit land or if you hit water.

The game is based on classic DOS game and so gavin wouldn’t change how water hits Vs land hit would be, but once theres a tag for watercollison then you will see some weapon for this in the mods.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.