This topic contains 95 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  JiNx 10 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

A new tournament has been approved.
    Tournament “Turkey Shoot” starts on the 01 Dec 2006

For more information see :
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/tournamentview.php?t=23

BOY
    Participant

Welcome!

This is the place for tournament news, tips, stats, and prize information. “Prizes!?” Yes, thats right, the winner of the tournament recieves a cool shiny trophy! But more importantly, the winner recieves the respect and admiration of the scorcehed3d community. 😛

===========================================
    Info.
    Different from past tournaments, anyone, including non-tournament members, can play on the server. The password will be turned off when the tournament starts. To become an official member, click on the link.

If you’ve played at the official servers before, you will notice some differences in the usual way of playing, and scoring. The game scores (and Game winners) will be determined only by amount of money. By spending money you are spending your score. 😯

Although past tournaments had no bot, this one will have a single bot throughout each game. The bot cannot win the tournament, even though he will probably appear in first place according to the server rank.

Similar to past tournemants, the winner of the tournament will be selected based on total tournament score which is determined by several factors, the most important of which is likely to be Game Wins. make sure you read the tournament details for tournament scoring information, as well as the server specific money settings.

=============================================
    Tips.
    1. Practice.
    I have set up the tournament to be difficult, and designed a bot (for sniper mod) that I think will be competitive in how it spends its money. the bot is programed to always shoot at the nearest target. It is possible to have a negative tournament score if you die too much. To practice against the bot, download sniper mod at Small Weapons FFA server or at the scorched3d mod project.

2. Make yourself difficult to kill by using armor and fuel to stay alive.
    Don’t buy too much, but buy the smallest weapon necessary for the job. Weapons like Doubleshot, Mini-Mirv and Tadpole are good to kill players using shields and armor.

3. It can be smart to sell some of your small starting inventory to buy other things, especially if you lose round 1. It is a very good idea to sell what you can’t use before the last round! DO NOT spend all your money on the last round, unless you know you cannot win.
    With zero interest it hurts alot to sell what you buy, and it can also hurt you to save too much money. If you dont spend it on the right weapons, it will be hard to make more cash.

4. If you make any rules with other players, you do so at your own risk.
    There are no rules on the server, its FFA all the time.

5. Keep it friendly.
    Myself and other scorched3d admins will be around from time to time monitoring things. If you want to win, it is best not be annoying to other players, you never know how good they might be.

(more tips coming soon)

BOY
    Participant

As soon as the mod is loaded the tournament server is ready to go. I’ll turn off the password hopefully sometime this morning.

BOY
    Participant

The tournament has begun. Server is running. Only Evil Fred stands between you and victory!

just in case of any issues, the server IP is 86.10.111.66:27295

gl hf

mecha mario
    Participant

ya re right about fred hes vry hard to beat:)

TraT
    Participant

I was playing last night against the bot when I had an error and was kicked from the server between rounds 7 and 8. The error message (which I didn’t save) said something about a Landscape being size 256 x 92. I re-connected (which started a new game) and played 2 – 3 more games w/ no problems. I don’t know if this was a problem on my end or the server’s end, hopefully it was just a fluke.

Personally, I think Evil Fred didn’t want me to win that game and kicked me. 😉

BOY
    Participant

none of the maps are that size, some are apoc maps, so if any apoc maps were altered or changed anywhere that could cause problems.

JiNx
    Participant

crashed on me twice today aaarrrrrrrrrrr

BOY
    Participant

@jinx wrote:

crashed on me twice today aaarrrrrrrrrrr

what was the error?

JiNx
    Participant

eeerrrr hmmmm sry didnt take it down as i was on the phone having an heated exchange of words sry
    but i will not if it happens again sry boy

JiNx
    Participant

btw ever round it comes up game options changed ?

BOY
    Participant

@jinx wrote:

btw ever round it comes up game options changed ?

The repeated message about the server options is a bug that gavin says he’s fixed in the next version. I changed some settings in addition to turning off the password when the tournament started, and the server got stuck.

JiNx
    Participant

ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 😕 🙁 😡 😥

invalid open gl texture size 256×96 specified

JiNx
    Participant

3 times in a row
    edited now 4

BOY
    Participant

@jinx wrote:

3 times in a row
    edited now 4

I searched through the files for sniper and none of the landscape definitions have a landscape of that size. THis seems to be a problem isolated to only a few people. Did you patch your newest version or do full install?

Try to do a search of your programs/scorched3d and user.scorched3d for a “word or phrase withing a file” for >96< including the arrowheads. Perhaps this will show us where the little bastage is hiding. I would guess that it is a mod file of some kind, perhaps an old apoc map or something, which sniper mod references from globalmods. Honestly I really don’t know though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.