This topic contains 65 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Chopper 9 years, 11 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #47095

    The Mighty Muha
    Participant

    @theone wrote:

    …and to me whispering should be private and not displayed on public forums.

    The better way to have handled this would have been a PM!!

    Not to have made it public at all

    Feeling exposed are we?

    #47096

    Laptops Daddy
    Participant

    @The Mighty Muha wrote:

    Feeling exposed are we?

    i’m inclined to agree with one to some extent.

    @theone wrote:

    …they would target me 1st everyround 1st ( so 1st shot i was dead )

    whenever playing with a purpose, i’ll target the greatest threat first. it’s not personal. (that’s usually dbal, swandude or kowal in my scorching time zones. regardless of who’s closer)

    getting targeted first is a badge of honour, one. and if you’ve reached that level, you aught to be able to cope with it.

    (i’m also often targeted first. though in my case if i’m truthful, it’s probably more down to my big mouth than my scorching ability)

    i do understand concerns in admin abuse. whisper chat logs could be delicate. big bear has my full confidence though. and as a whole i’d say the community is fair and justly managed. this thread is testament to it.

    #47097

    HWB
    Participant

    @Mcb Lover wrote:

    you listen only that as u need BB…
    I told you..im bored when i getting killed with sandhog or funkey first…
    you can kill me other weapon and i get happy for it

    Welcome to the #1 rank. Been there done that. It is hard to be number 1. We I was number 1 did I do anything about like ask my friends for an alliance. No, I did not and I still played. Even with a smile on my face I was funkied, hogged, even death headed. Is is part of the game. Too bad anybody thinks a silent truce is a good way to play. It is a realu unfair advantage.

    #47098

    pastor of muppets
    Participant

    Good point BB this isn’t kindergarden and this probably should be debated.

    I know how it feels one to be targeted first a lot but probably not to your extent because you are sooo good. I really like you but to be honest I target you first when we play together just to eliminate getting killed by you (I usually miss anyway =)).

    IMO the whisper truce is legal fair and actually should remain a whisper rather than be posted in forums. I do not like it I am not even a big fan of trucing outloud, anyone who has played with me lately will hear *truce pom?* *Nah*.

    As far as admins being present is concerned in my time zone there is almost always an admin present and it has been kind of nice. The only one causing problems anymore is me LOL!

    #47099

    katjapurrs
    Participant

    The only reason i ever whisper truce is because some people get their panties in such a tight knot whenever anyone truces. These are usually the same people that shout “FFA!” “FFA!” “MCB SUCKS!” and then they whine endlessly about people using ‘hogs or funkies or MIRVS, or nukes, or rollers, or napalm, or shields, or fuel.

    Alliances and truces are a part of war. When the British, French, or Americans (just using some examples here, not making a political statement) truce, they don’t wait till everyone else is dead and then start shooting at each other. If you think this gives certain players an advantage… then that’s true, but, that doesn’t mean it has to stay that way. Try making some friends, you can organize them also into your own “coalition of the willing”, and layeth the smackdown on the groups you don’t like.

    To summarize, I think that instead of discouraging such groups, Scorched should make an effort to recognize them. As long as the game is multi-player they will always exist. It is simply a function of human nature, the better parts of human nature, like honor and valor, that people do not want to shoot their comrades. If you don’t like that, then simply organize against them, of course.. that makes you one of them 😉

    #47100

    Mcb Lover
    Participant

    @hwb wrote:

    @Mcb Lover wrote:

    you listen only that as u need BB…
    I told you..im bored when i getting killed with sandhog or funkey first…
    you can kill me other weapon and i get happy for it

    Welcome to the #1 rank. Been there done that. It is hard to be number 1. We I was number 1 did I do anything about like ask my friends for an alliance. No, I did not and I still played. Even with a smile on my face I was funkied, hogged, even death headed. Is is part of the game. Too bad anybody thinks a silent truce is a good way to play. It is a realu unfair advantage.

    What advantage you talking about HWB???you listen only that you need too? I have advantage without any trucing(want mcb duel?any time). But its really stupid when Rommel begins cry in this game (KTL!why nobody playing KTL??)…and MOST of this stupid thing is that ppl go for it without any argue!just KTL or KILL Vitos(One) first! and Rommel sid duck in the corner and looking on that with idiots smile(i feel that).

    #47101

    Mcb Lover
    Participant

    VERY GOOD SAID KATJA!
    Bravo!

    really my english very poor…my soul wanted to wrote that but fingers dont to type!

    #47102

    TheOne
    Participant

    Well i dont really know what to say…

    You right pastor this thread getting a bit out of hand now

    Look to the rules thing i am sorry

    But for the whispering i am not

    If its a part of the game then use it, its like knowing you can run a game full graphics but you dont, the features are there to be used , its like me saying using a funk or a hog is cheating?

    This is one of the main reasons i avoid the forums.

    i am here to play the game, if anyone wants to call me a cheater then go ahead.. its not my problem anymore !

    When i mentioned admin abuse it wasnt directed at anyone in general, its just the fact lately that there is hardly any admin on main server anymore and when they are then they dont listen to you

    #47103

    pastor of muppets
    Participant

    I will organize no group I will continue to miss every shot on my own. Hopefully we end up with a bunch of groups that are at war with eachother and then maybe just maybe I can win a few rounds by being forgotten about. Hee Hee!

    True Katja aliances are part of war however in real war it is pretty much known up front who is alligned with who. It is natural to not shoot certain people because you like them I do it all the time. I have no proof but I’m sure BB does it once in a while too. As far as whisper trucing goes I have done it twice and felt dirty both times. I couldn’t sleep for days I lost 15 pounds worrying about it, I even took it out on the old dog by kicking him a few times. So I don’t do it anymore the consequences were much worse than the reward.

    So I say NON TRUCERS UNITE!!!!!!!!! No wait….ummm..errr oh yeah NON TRUCERS DON’T UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah forget it see ya all in the game. 😉

    #47104

    HWB
    Participant

    @pastor of muppets wrote:

    True Katja aliances are part of war however in real war it is pretty much known up front who is alligned with who.

    I totally agree with this. Play are game with guild (like AE 😉 ) if you want to be on a team.

    @pastor of muppets wrote:

    It is natural to not shoot certain people because you like them I do it all the time. I have no proof but I’m sure BB does it once in a while too.

    Actually me and BB have been good friends since we started playing. I know he will never hesitate to kill me or I him.

    @Mcb Lover wrote:

    What advantage you talking about HWB???

    This is advantage I speak of. Becareful, I did say you use silent truces since you brought it up. @Mcb Lover wrote:

    would be better if we eeach round speak ”truce?”
    with my group my or my friends wingame it become more possible.

    Did you not say you silent truced?

    @Mcb Lover wrote:

    I have advantage without any trucing(want mcb duel?any time).

    Of course I love a duel. Specifically with a great shot like you. MCB is the main server is not likely between just us. I challenge you A stone Age game. 😉

    @Mcb Lover wrote:

    But its really stupid when Rommel begins cry in this game (KTL!why nobody playing KTL??)…and MOST of this stupid thing is that ppl go for it without any argue!just KTL or KILL Vitos(One) first! and Rommel sid duck in the corner and looking on that with idiots smile(i feel that).

    This is whole who point with my last post. Yes it sux to be the #1. Even a player like Thrax happily tells everybody he targets rank. And I have seen him do it. All I’m am saying is I know how it feels. I would get funkied every round. I mean EVERY round.

    But for me KTL is only for the leader of that game.

    As for the other sayings like kill vitos first…. that should be an honour. So saying this don’t surpised when I shout out “Kill Vitos First”. PLZ wear it like a badge.

    #47105

    pastor of muppets
    Participant

    Just once could you say kill POM first so I can feel proud.

    #47106

    The Mighty Muha
    Participant

    KILL POM FIRST I SAY. EVERYONE ATTACK!

    #47107

    pastor of muppets
    Participant

    YAY!

    #47108

    apache64d
    Participant

    My 2 cents:
    The problem is not trucers that “breaking the lines” or trucers in general.
    The problem is the “whisper” tool. From the moment it was added to the game it was clear that some1 or some ppl would use it for a truce or any other kind of agriment, not matter the original goal of the one who added it to the game.
    The whisper is a part of the game there for u can use it there for some ppl use it for truce/permtruce. It also could cause a situtation in which there will be few groups of trucers=Clans.
    My personal opinion on those trucers? It sucks, it realy is suck to join a game and to see the same group of ppl shots at others (or u) first and stays last every round and only then shoot eachother.
    What can be done?
    1. Remove the whisper tool.
    2. Make a new guideline againts “whisper trucers”.
    3. Try make the others in the game to join u and to shoot those trucers first and tell those trucers that they r ruin the game (it actualy worked for me..)

    About exposing whisper logs:
    I think it wasn’t nessesery and WRONG to expose that log just to say your opinion on trucers BB.
    And ofcours not here, on a public forum.
    Whisper logs should be posted only if some1 realy broke one of the chat rules: rudeness, insulting, swearing, flooding, spamming, ect. and NOT because of “just” a truce.
    Whispering is private! the pact that ppl use it for truce is something else but not a reason to expose some1 in public.

    #47109

    Jock
    Participant

    Now i understand why One is always left as the last player. This explains a lot and why so many kills each game.

    As for trucing, never liked it never will. I like to kill anyone especially my friends. Mandy, BB and BrainDamage no this to be very true.

    As for BB exposing this to the scorched community, I totally agree with. In my book if you are in the game you have the belief that you are all on an equal footing, but allas ppl are using it to there own self gain to inflate there on self importance.

    An analagy would be the 100m sprint. All 8 runners stood at the blocks you’ve worked hard for 3 or 4 seasons to get to this point, you belive you have an equal opportunity then you come last in the race as all other 7 runners are taking steroids as a group.

    Slightly unfair, don’t you think?

    The unfortunate reality is where there is a game there will always be cheats. All we can do, is do all we can to try and limit this. You can start with removing the whisper. Then the little gang will have to cheat another way and let the cycle continue!

    I like this game, but ppl are really starting to spoil it!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.