This topic contains 65 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Chopper 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

BigBear
    Participant

Truces has always been a part of the ffa servers to some extent. I have always disliked them in that setting, but it used to be done on a tolerable level at least. Since the new version came out with the new more “user friendly” whisper interface they have increased quite a bit in frequency though. I thought that was bad enough, but I guess I was wrong.

This group has made some sort of permatruce pact. I don’t know the exact phrasing of their rules, but for example take a look at this sample log:

Sun Nov 25 11:33:10 2007 – [whisper][One] : “rules ?”
    Sun Nov 25 11:33:14 2007 – [general][Yusuf] : “so ffa then?”
    Sun Nov 25 11:33:14 2007 – [general][KillerCatchert] : “hi grap”
    Sun Nov 25 11:33:16 2007 – [whisper][One] : “reules ?”
    Sun Nov 25 11:33:18 2007 – [general][graphite] : “hi”
    Sun Nov 25 11:33:20 2007 – [whisper][Kowal] : “ffa”
    Sun Nov 25 11:33:28 2007 – [whisper][graphite] : “?”
    Sun Nov 25 11:33:40 2007 – [whisper][graphite] : “usergroup?”
    Sun Nov 25 11:33:41 2007 – [whisper][One] : “our rules ?”

Sun Nov 25 11:33:41 2007 – [general][Yusuf] : “ffa”
    Sun Nov 25 11:33:47 2007 – [whisper][Kowal] : “graphite was breaking the group rule thought”
    Sun Nov 25 11:33:48 2007 – [general][Yusuf] : “oh no forgot bubble”
    Sun Nov 25 11:33:53 2007 – [whisper][graphite] : “yes”
    Sun Nov 25 11:34:05 2007 – [general][One] : “lol”
    Sun Nov 25 11:34:07 2007 – [general][Yusuf] : “lol”
    Sun Nov 25 11:34:11 2007 – [general][KillerCatchert] : “wow”
    Sun Nov 25 11:34:13 2007 – Finished playing Shots 15.21 seconds
    Sun Nov 25 11:34:14 2007 – [whisper][One] : “thats not cool”
    Sun Nov 25 11:34:15 2007 – [whisper][graphite] : “lol”

Sun Nov 25 11:34:20 2007 – [general][Yusuf] : “nothing like self funk in the morning”
    Sun Nov 25 11:34:25 2007 – [general][Yusuf] : “u need the aimbot”
    Sun Nov 25 11:34:30 2007 – [general][One] : “yes”
    Sun Nov 25 11:34:31 2007 – [general][One] : “hehe”
    Sun Nov 25 11:34:44 2007 – [general][One] : “maybe must go back to bed”
    Sun Nov 25 11:34:50 2007 – [general][Yusuf] : “death oon kowals head”
    Sun Nov 25 11:35:09 2007 – [whisper][Kowal] : “he said that because only 3 players “
    Sun Nov 25 11:35:10 2007 – [general][Yusuf] : “yes over his head”
    Sun Nov 25 11:35:17 2007 – Finished playing Shots 24.24 seconds
    Sun Nov 25 11:35:33 2007 – [whisper][One] : “well maybe thats fair… cant make it to obvious ?”
    Sun Nov 25 11:35:37 2007 – [general][Yusuf] : “laugh on me one”
    Sun Nov 25 11:35:43 2007 – [general][One] : “HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAaaa”
    Sun Nov 25 11:35:45 2007 – [general][Yusuf] : “i know u can call me noob”
    Sun Nov 25 11:36:02 2007 – [general][Yusuf] : “who dosent know how to kill with dh”
    Sun Nov 25 11:36:13 2007 – [general][Yusuf] : “heavy roll”
    Sun Nov 25 11:36:18 2007 – [general][One] : “dh not great for long shot”
    Sun Nov 25 11:36:19 2007 – Finished playing Shots 22.39 seconds
    Sun Nov 25 11:36:21 2007 – [whisper][Kowal] : “well he could whisper to me first before he shot me”
    Sun Nov 25 11:36:31 2007 – [whisper][One] : “yes true”

I find this to be extremely bad form, I’d even call it cheating. Personally I will refuse to play games when this “cartell” is present. If I had my way trucing would be outlawed alltogether on ffa servers. That is my personal opinion, but at the very least I find it hard to believe that I am the only one who gets upset about this sort of thing. Thoughts?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Yea, I dont agree / do whisper trucing…
    public trucing if fair enough, as people know you are a prime target as the trucers are usually close, so A multi-kill is awaiting.
    With whisper trucing, people assume you will kill eachother, leave you alone, and get a head start!

End of the day, it takes alsorts to make the scorched world turn, like hoggers, dirters/self dirters etc….

P.S shoulda made it a poll!

Thrax
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Yea, I dont agree / do whisper trucing…
    public trucing if fair enough, as people know you are a prime target as
    the trucers are usually close, so A multi-kill is awaiting.
    With whisper trucing, people assume you will kill eachother, leave you
    alone, and get a head start!

End of the day, it takes alsorts to make the scorched world turn, like
    hoggers, dirters/self dirters etc….

P.S shoulda made it a poll!

Well, due to the expanding popularity of scorched, we had to assume
    that eventually the (_~CLaNnerZ~_) would start gathering.. it’s only a
    matter of time till they start making silly prefix’s and slogans.

Best thing you can do is always target the clanners first, and slap them silly.

As for self-dirting.. that was prevented in this release. No longer can
    they grow more of a hill on themselves once they’re already covered.
    And for those that try.. then the HoggerZ can deal with them easier.

HWB
    Participant

Very good topic BB.

I agree, whisper is not for trucing. Who ever had the idea of whisper should be flogged. I mean didn’t the guy know that whisper would be used to cheat. But again with the cheat word, is maybe too harsh. I feel it is cheating for a lack of better words.

I also shall not play with these players. Getting one up on anybody by silent truces is not fair or right.

Rommel
    Participant

I couldn’t agree more Big Bear. This sucks. The whisper feature is pretty much usless except for cheating. Team chat is all that was needed for team play.
    @bigbear wrote:

Truces has always been a part of the ffa servers to some extent. I have always disliked them in that setting, but it used to be done on a tolerable level at least. Since the new version came out with the new more “user friendly” whisper interface they have increased quite a bit in frequency though. I thought that was bad enough, but I guess I was wrong.

I find this to be extremely bad form, I’d even call it cheating. Personally I will refuse to play games when this “cartell” is present. If I had my way trucing would be outlawed alltogether on ffa servers. That is my personal opinion, but at the very least I find it hard to believe that I am the only one who gets upset about this sort of thing. Thoughts?

Perhaps there is a better tact than avoiding them. I can pretty much meet at any time if we can get enough people together to run this bunch of cowards out of the game. It’s a pitty that one of them is holding the number 1 rank position though. Makes the ranking system look rigged or at the very least, it cheapens the ranks that were earned honestly. I visited their group and sent each one of them the following message:

Hi:

I read the log, YOU SUCK!

Rommel

If you have to cheat to win, YOU SUCK and I don’t care who you are or what you think about me saying this.

Sincerely,

Rommel

Deathbal
    Participant

Whisper trucing is really not that big of a deal to me. All you need to do is identify it and go from there. No different than trucing in a different language. I really don’t get that bent out of shape over it.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Whisper trucing ah who would have thunk it? It is part of the game and is as fair as “hogging, funking, lasers, dirting and anything else that is legal and available in the game. Do I like it? Not really but…it has become part of the game and it is something that we will deal with until it is removed from the game. As far as the group that did it goes I will continue to play with them and like some of them don’t really know all of them but there are a few that I did and do still like.

I’m not going to freak out over it cuz we all knew it would happen and if we didn’t we weren’t thinking it over all that well. It does bother me that I do watch rank and try to improve my rank and watch some of these folks run away with it and wonder how they do it. If they permatruced that answers some questions.

I have been accused many times of permatrucing with Joe and Ellie do I? Not really I do shoot elsewhere if there is another shot available but hell ellie is my number one kill right now and Joe is usually on my top 25 kill list but the bastage and I haven’t gotten to play much toghether since I did a stint on night shift.

To each his own if that is the strategy they care to use it is not a very popular one and it is now exposed to everyone but I will not judge them for it, it is what they felt was the right thing to do.

I do use the whisper function however to flirt with my wife a lot so Big Bear don’t watch the whisper chat too close ok? 😀

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

ooooh, exposed : ). well done b bear.

trucings not really my style.

scorching mantra: no. shoot me and i’ll kill you.

also, you’d better be truced if you know what’s good for you.

i’ve been accused of permatrucing once or twice myself pom. more of the mantra from my perspective – people knowing what’s best for them.

for posterity and the benefit of the group: your prerogative is to learn from your scorching betters and conform without instruction. until you do, you’ll do as you’re told and be darned grateful for the opportunity. ok? don’t shoot the laptop, or be destroyed.
    (that’s not trucing : ).

@rommel wrote:

The whisper feature is pretty much usless except for cheating.

yes. you’re not doing it right

ps:
    for shame

parasti
    Participant

Man, Kowal, of all the people… Outrageous!

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@parasti wrote:

Man, Kowal, of all the people… Outrageous!

I thought it a lil odd of him too, aint spoken to any of em yet to find out what the score is, once I done that, I will then start the flaming, but I HOPE (yes, im pretty nieve) that there is a reasonable explanation!

kowal
    Participant

well, i’m not going to defend my self. just going to tell something.

1. i’m not the one who make/suggest that rule. i’m just following it. most people posted on this thread probably know that when i’m in a game if someone asked me a truce 99,9% i said OK. even if i already had a good aim at that player and running out of time, i said ok then tried to find another target. the rest of 0,1% i said no because i already pressed the fire key.
    so someone asked me to join his group, i said ok. then after i joined then he tell me about that rules.

2. if you don’t like me/want me to play this game anymore. then i leave. just don’t need to PM me with some worlds that hurts my feeling.

3. i’ll continue packaging this game in opensuse build service. until i find someone else to maintain that package.

thanks, and sorry if i ever hurts someone’s feeling when i played this game. goodbye.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

^^^^^^

Sounds pretty fair to me, personally i wiould have said that rule sux, and left, but, I’m like that!!!

Hey, ya still a good guy in my book K, just, a lil… well, like Mr Gates 😛 hehe

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

it’s only for fun kow. no big deal.

Irishbandit
    Participant

Was this originally posted to the admin forum?? I think it should have been and been judged for reaction then maybe moved/posted here.
    Just my 2 cents. I dont like to see hurt feelings.

I agree with Thrax’s post and Deathbals.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

good point, mob culture does tend to rule here….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.