This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 12 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I have added a new tournaments section to the web site.

This allows you to –
    – create, edit, view teams (groups)
    – create, edit, view tournaments
    – join, leave tournaments

If people think this is a good idea then I hope to expand it to also –
    – organise the matches
    – keep score for the matches
    – and perhaps setup a sever for matches

Comments and bug reports welcome.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

One of the first things I am going to do is add a tournaments section to the forum so that tournaments can be discussed.

DireWolf
    Participant

Awsome idea, I was gonna ask you something along the same lines, we dont seem to be getting too much interest as far as the tournament is concerned, but I think it is also because it is still in the building stage, also due to a lack of traffic, there are a lot of people who play that dont seem to pay much attention to the forums, anyway…. great idea!!!

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

Thanks Gavin.

One mode should be 1 on 1.

I’m not talking about the Ukrainian though. He does that all the time. No wonder He is blind.

A.T.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Thanks Apollo, there is a one v one mode.

Have a look here, and choose create tournament and you will see the current options.
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/tournamentlist.php

BOY
    Participant

I checked out the new TOurnament features yesterday. Nifty. As I have no resources of my own to make a tournament (other than marketing I guess) this feature will be handy. Really great help! Thanks! I sense that you (gcamp) are interested in seeing a cool tournament as well. 😀

I hope that once Bobirov has got the mod ready, I can finalize a tournament with some dates and scoring mode and all that. There are a handfull of interested players, and most want to know a hard date. I think that once a date is set in stone, more players will show interest.

Gavin? did you get my PM? ideas for the dates, points etc?

BOY
    Participant

The tournament is finally ready!! Just click on “Tournaments” at top.

Many thanks to gcamp and Bobirov , for getting this tournament up and running. I think we are going to have a blast. Hopefully this tournament will be a platform for improving tournaments in the Future!

All thats left to do is get people to show up!

BOY
    Participant

I just realized i cant edit posts in NEWS. 😕

@boy wrote:

All thats left to do is get people to show up!

I was thinking it would be a good idea to flash a message ’bout every 30 minutes or so, showing the time of the tournament for those that do not read the forums often. would help get players and build excitement 😯 😀

Something like :

25 MAY, ’05 — STATS RESET & NEW TOURNAMENT — CHECK FORUMS

could then flash url too I suppose

Saddistic Fungus
    Participant

shit I cant play on 25th 🙁

BOY
    Participant

@Saddistic Fungus wrote:

its ok, look at the rules of the tournament, its supposed to run for a week or more. just get 5 people, thats the minimum for play.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@boy wrote:

@Saddistic Fungus wrote:

its ok, look at the rules of the tournament, its supposed to run for a week or more. just get 5 people, thats the minimum for play.

Remember if you want to play click the join button in the tournament so everyone can see.

BOY
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Remember if you want to play click the join button in the tournament so everyone can see.

It seems that there has been a bit of confusion. I dont think people are reading the rules of the tournament, and so they dont know that the server will be up for a week. From asking guys in the game, some think that 25th is the only day to play. ONLY 12 have joined so far. 😥

REMINDER: TOURNAMENT SERVER IS UP FOR ONE WEEK. (check the rules!!)

@gcamp wrote:

If people think this is a good idea then I hope to expand it to also –
    – organise the matches
    – keep score for the matches
    – and perhaps setup a sever for matches

Comments and bug reports welcome.

Gavin, could you clarify if logging on to Tournament server will be restricted only to members? I was thinking it would be simple to do by a password, but the only trick would be to get the password to all the members. The PM feature is so cool, but for this, i am thinking it would need to have an auto send feature or LIST send feature for me to send a password to all the memebers. Of course a password can always be leaked so perhaps this is bad. I just wanted it to be easy for people to join, but not any noobs

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.